squale

Some advice on Intellicam cameras? are they good cameras?

hey herminshs since you are in NY (my neck of the woods), I'm in New Jersey, you know how damn cold it is right now, like -2 degrees F last night without the wind chill. I was wondering how these cameras hold up in this extreme cold weather and during snow/ice storms? They say the operating temps go only down to like 14-20 degrees F but you know how much colder it gets here than that. So do you know how these will work being on 24/7 in these harsh low temps?

Well, if you look at the night one with no snow, that was last night, look at the date and the time, you'll see, plus I am now in CT, and it was almost -6 when I took that pic.

Plus I have this particular one installed since last march, and it took all that rain, the wind and all this extrmelly bad weather, my point of view is that if this camera took all that beating, then it's good in my book.

Edited by Guest

wow, so the 14 degree F rating they say for this camera is in fact not right huh? you don' thave these cameras in a heating enclosure of any type do you?