scorpion

History of CCTV Links wanted

Thank you all very much!

Wow! I need to read my own website more often!

It was the percent that was missing creating the broken link.

Hey Lolo Wolf!

That was the link that actually started the research for that page!

This is a very interesting PDF article about the beginings of CCTV and how its use developed more needs for the technology.

North American Society for Trenchless Technology (NASTT) (The beginings of CCTV usage).

English

Great minds think alike!

I increased the font size to make it stand out more.

Thanks!

Greetings Scorpion, a important mention regarding CCTV history I think you might find some good reads on Mr. Sam Genensky: www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw090403 "mathematician who, as a boy, used a self-designed binocular device to maximize the effectiveness of his poor vision. In the 1960s, Genensky worked for the Rand Corporation on top-secret projects for the navy and air force. While there, he and his colleagues developed the CCTV system that was originally marketed by Apollo Lasers and VisualTek. Eventually, the product lines of both these companies were absorbed by Telesensory and imitated and improved upon by many other companies over the years." I have a blind cousin (blind at birth) who is a software developer - brail Computer programs - and she is a wealth of info/history on how cctv and related tech has been absorbed into blind protocols and health sciences...just thought you may be interested perhaps for your quest on CCTV history. Regards and best of health

A bit of info of early CCTV. Our company has installed CCTV since 1948 and is still operating. I am the original owner and I am still working daily since the origination. Actually we are the worlds oldest installer of CCTV.

Some magazines give credit to others and call them pioneers in the field. One person was given credit for his work in the 60's. I could go on for hours on end with stories of the past. John R Jage ceo. Vidicom CCTV

www,vidicomcctv.com

A bit of info of early CCTV. Our company has installed CCTV since 1948 and is still operating. I am the original owner and I am still working daily since the origination. Actually we are the worlds oldest installer of CCTV.

Some magazines give credit to others and call them pioneers in the field. One person was given credit for his work in the 60's. I could go on for hours on end with stories of the past. John R Jage ceo. Vidicom CCTV

www.vidicomcctv.com

I made a mistake on our web site addess in the previous message. I made the correction here.

Some more cctv history.... what is considered to be the first CCTV system was installed by Siemens AG at Test Stand VII in Peenemünde, Germany in 1942, for observing the launch of V2-rockets.The German engineer Walter Bruch was responsible for the design and installation of the system. Born in Neustadt an der Weinstraße, Germany, he developed the system collaborating with Manfred von Ardenne and Hungarian inventor Dénes von Mihaly, during the decade of 1930s.

In 1935 he started working at Telefunken in the Department of research in television and physics, headed by Professor Fritz Schröter. In the summer of 1936, Olympic Games were held in Berlin, a pioneering date for audiovisual technology. Bruch was able to test on the field the first iconoscopic camera whose development he had contributed. A year later, in the Paris International Exposition, he introduced an iconoscopic television unit he had created. During World War II he operated a closed-circuit television system installed at the Peenemünde launch site, so that the V-2 rocket launches could be watched from a bunker.

In 1950, Telefunken commissioned him to develop the first post-war television receptors. Some time later, he committed again to his research in the field of physics and later in the field of color television. He studied and tested thoroughly the American system NTSC and what it would become French SECAM. His work led him to the conception of a new color television system. His creation was based on automatically correcting all color distortion that could occur along the transmission channel.

On 3 January 1963 he made the first public presentation of his Phase Alternation Line System in Hannover to an assembly of experts in the European Radiophonic Union. This can be considered the birth date of the PAL-Telefunken system, later adopted by more than thirty countries (at present, more than one hundred).