Tomislav

CCTV certification and training

Dear All,

Can you please share your experience regarding the CCTV training and getting certificate for it. I went to one training company which did the basic course for me but it didn't cover all aspects, which I would like to undergo.

Can you tell me some companies that deal with general CCTV training not for the specific brand, or even if you know any company that sells CD’s with training materials or online.

I tried to google it but I do not want to take a chance and choose the bad training center, that is why I need your help.

I found some sites that are very interesting to me. Please comment if you have any experience with them.

http://www.cctvcertification.com.au/

http://www.nicet.org/certificants/index.cfm

http://www.cctvseminars.com/

Thank a lot,

Tomislav

Hey Rebco, I am working now for 2 years on CCTV and didn't go on any training except when installer were doing work I was supervising and learning also. I know the basics and I can hook up the system myself and choose the equipment but I want to learn more detailed things about each items that can be used in CCTV + Access Control.

I was searching and I found STAM, NAAA, Nicet etc. and I am just looking for something that could be compared to certification like Microsoft in IT, which is my field actually.

The only training i know of is on the job training. If you find anything else please let me know would love to send some of my guys to learn some things. where are you located, US?

Hi Rebco,

I am stationed in Lebanon for now, so for me the best thing is online training but I will, in the near future, attend the official one with certification. I want to find one whose certificate is recognized internationally, Europe and USA.

Scorpion posted a thread starting last year in the test bench section about having a meeting/training for the members on here. If we all volunteered our time or money, I'm sure we could put something together to get some better knowledge from each other. Let me know what you think.

I would love to restart that thought!

I am going to sell some stock so that I can pay for all of your rooms, and get you some tickets for you, and your family members to Disney World, and.....

Hold on, my wife is wispering in my ear.....

My stocks took a dive from last year??..........

I can't sell the stock??....

OK Guys! I am back!

Uh?

My wife says you all can sleep on the back porch...

Sorry!

Hey wait a minute!

Why don't you guys come to my "little" show.

I think I will call it EHX. I think I should have it this weekend!

Can anyone make it?

Hey that sounds nice,

I am all for gathering or exchange of information and experience but please note that some of us will be coming from a bit far away so we need more time to prepare for our travel.

Just let me also know if anybody has any idea what to do, how and when?

it looks I am just looking for excuse to go for official" business trip"

Let’s see... maybe something will come out from this?! Anybody planning to go to Europe for IFSEC? in May in UK?

If we put together a mini workshop, then what would be a good time frame? Summer? Do a vacation at the same time to kill two birds at once?

For me that would be great from May, June onwards....

I will also make it a nice vacation and bring my wife and kid...

I wonder if it would be of any interest to go through different loss prevention security dept, and to go through some of the goverment contract manufacture's security depts.

Kind of see "how they do it".

I wonder if it would be of any interest to go through different loss prevention security dept, and to go through some of the goverment contract manufacture's security depts.

Kind of see "how they do it".

Do you have connections to see this in action? I think that would be a great structure to follow.

I know the answer is going to be no right off the bat.

There is Cape Canaveral, Patrick AFB, Melbourne Int Airport, Harris Corp, the company that builds the JSTARS Project, and then on top of that you have GE, DRS, and on, and on.

I may have to play each one with a different purpose.

We could contact a manufacture, and see if they can get us "access", and then I can call my competitors to see if they can get me "access" with their customers, and then there is the "I am working on a proposal, and I wanted to see if you are satisfied with your setup, and we are seeking your input".

We could always just kick in a door, run in, and play with the joysticks, and then run for it!

I can call ICRealtime, and see what they can pulloff, and I can call Interlect custom Integration Distributors to see what has been installed with their product line.

Lots of leg work, but I would have an interest in seeing "what's out there".

I wonder if another angle could be to do a charity event.

People (other ourselves) pay a fee to do a tour, and the money goes to a charity. This would be a good may of getting the CCTVForum's name out there, and to give back to the community.

We could do our tour on our own, and then the next day we could "station" ourselves at each location, and be the "tour guide".

We could contact the media, and then we can also do press releases.

I think this would be great exposure for the forum.

We would have to get Larry on board to have "us" (boy is he in for it) represent the forum!

If we put together a mini workshop, then what would be a good time frame? Summer? Do a vacation at the same time to kill two birds at once?

What timing...

We've been told there is a job coming up in Orlando. Sounds like this summer some time but no dates yet. Problem is the "for sure" date isn't really final until a couple of weeks out. But either way, that would pretty much be a hole-in-one to end up in the neighborhood within weeks of a workshop.

What's the economy like down that way? This is the second time in a year or so that I have been down there. You guys are either growing, or have a lot of potential.

That would be a lot of legwork scorpion. You listed a lot of opportunities. I think we can establish ourselves to represent the forum and do a media deal on cctv installations to get us in the door. They may have a problem with security breach with media showing their security setups. But it still might be a way in to check out the neato installations that have been done. Keep us posted on this, and I'm very interested to seeing if we have something to look forward to .