9-6

Speed Bump Cameras - Anyone used them?

I have an application where speed bump cameras might be my best alternative. However, there have been very few posts in the forum about them and all of the web sites that I can find have the same videos and same text ("...uniquely designed to use human nature as an effective force in aligning vehicles ..."). Nor have I been able to find any spec sheets. Has anyone used these devices? Any technical specs on the cameras?

speed_bump_cam.png.10ba90c12dff8c322c096069c16172a6.png

Have you thought about building your own? Looks like $400 speedbump + $200 camera +$10 hole saw = big savings...

Not really.

A regular camera, a lens, an enclosure, and mount, a pole, and some trenching, or sawing asphalt, trenching, installing conduit, and installing a speed bump is good enough for me.

To make that effort worth while I would have to build in volume, and try to sell to others.

I could plastic mold a speed bump for $50.00, but then I need 100 units.

I just do not have that kind of time. My luck I would smash a $400.00 camera, and I would have to replace it out of pocket. I would rather let another company with big pockets worry about all of those details.

That is an excellant idea for the DIY though!

Thanks for posting that. Sorry I missed your first reply. I just realized I have been missing some message notification emails. weird...

Good point about not having time to mess with DIY'ing the speedbump camera. I'm usually in the same mindset. But From what I can see from the spec's and pictures it is simply a bullet cam press fitted into a hole in the speedbump. The camera specs don't look like anything special.

But I haven't seen one in person so what do I know?

The catapult is pure genius. I missed that feature while reading the spec.

It's hilarious how your mom was more interested in filming the roses then filming your dad messing with the speed bump. LoL

I think its a woman thing, I got told off the other day for installing a fire alarm upgrade (smoke detectors wired into the alarm system + extra fire sounder + strobe) - apparently if I had all that energy I should have put it to good use and tidied up the house, which is more important.....