kensplace

How much???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7785318.stm

Cameras have been installed at a level crossing, to catch drivers putting the trains in danger. LPR cameras.

I have not seen them, but may take a look sometime, but I would imagine by cameras they mean two (one for each direction) possibly three so their is a overview.

Can you guess the cost?

Six Hundred Thousand Pounds.

For a few cameras at a level crossing - even buying top end lpr cams, excellent DVR's, wireless transmission or hard wiring the cabling I fail to see how they can justify that price....

The article is not that clear either, it could be that price in total, or it could be PER camera.....

Yeah, or could they have added a 0? It's a toss up between misplaced comma or too many zeros. And what does the contract say? If the price includes a big maintenance contract or something then it may be a fair deal.

Extreme's LPR cameras run average $3,400 msrp for the basic ones, that do the job at entry gates. So still if only a couple cameras I cant see even how it could cost $120,000. Thats just mad, IMO. I mean unless they are running fiber from the next county or something.

Lets hope its just a typo.

Control room is not that far away, and there is already a multi million pound cctv system in place,so probably didnt need to worry to much about the transmission / display side of things.

£60,000.00

http://www.nexus.org.uk/wps/wcm/connect/Nexus/Nexus/News/News+archive/2008/Nexus+news+Safety+cameras+installed

Unrelated to the story, but I was tasked to install 30 telephones, and CCTV in parking areas for a campus.

The pole at my cost was $3,000.00 each! Are they kidding me?

I can get a 6X6 metal post, and pay someone to drill the holes needed!

How much does it cost ot powder coat a pole nowadays?

3,000.00 X 30 poles!! The phones are $1,200.00 each, and you guys can figure the wholesale cost of the PTZ on your own.

I wonder if they would get mad if I mounted everything on a 6 inch PVC pole?? The other question is if they would survive on one, or not!

OK! I am only kidding!

drop them to an auto body shop and have them painted there.

square poles only cost me a couple hundred landed here before and those were around 15+ foot or so.

Cameras have been installed at a level crossing, to catch drivers putting the trains in danger.

Isn't it usually the other way around? Train vs. car, the train wins every time...

must be a type error.

When you wanna make a profit as an installer you can do it for approx $8.000,-- per camera position

In europe i pay for a licenceplate camera 1.250,-- euro = 1.075,-- british pounds = $ 1.770,00

http://www.webcamcenter.nl/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/3/products_id/694?osCsid=a89e612de7acb28931ad60f4cfe35b58

20 feet pole $ 2000,00

placing the whole thing in concrete, (truck delivery, crane, labor, power supply etc) $ 3000,00.

In britain the is standard a glasfibre network alongside the track so wirring to the server is not a big deal. Than LPR software o the server in the control room and your done. When you wanna make a profit as an installer you can do it for approx $7.000,-- per camera position