rory

New Photos

GE kalatel 16 Channel EZ Triplex Multiplexer, Provideo 9 Channel Multiplexer, GE kalatel DSR-1000e (Single Channel DVR) w/ LAN, Samsung CCTV 21" Monitor, ChannelVision Full Range RF Modulator::

2.jpg

Edited by Guest

nope ..its an old concrete home from like 1940.. we have had hell in the past with the alarm as it was an 80+ wireless alarm system, when I took it over I had to add a bunch of extra receivers, and they had originally (the US installers) left all the zones unsupervised as they didnt have enough receivers and the zones wouldnt work properly ..

as for CCTV, run in moulding and conduit on the outside, and in this attic and that attic run loose, it was not easy. We had wireless TX's orginally but I think this house is on an indian burial ground!! We ran wire and threw out all the wireless, and then same time tore down the Bullet cameras and installed Extreme CCTV cameras and Infrared. All RG59 and RG6 mixed, no interference at all on the video

Just today I had to move an alarm TX that had been working fine for a year then suddenly lept loosing the signal, had to move it 6 inches and now it works - go figure that ..

See the last picture with the mic, that ceiling is actually concrete, the whole house has concrete ceiling even with attic above some of it .. basically it is a cable runners and electricians nightmare, there are workers here everyday for this or that, its like a hotel! Ill get some photos of the wire runs just for you they are even installing their own reverse osmosis salt water system right now, they live right on the beach.

Originally it was just some provideo bullet BW IR cameras with the Kalatel Muliplexer, with a TV,then added some COP-USA IR which didnt help (hey leave all the lights off at night and also have motion lights), so upgraded to the 8 Extreme CCTV outdoor cameras, then recently added indoor cams, the Provideo Mux, DVR, and audio - SO we upgraded quite a bit, from the initial install. No to mention all the wire runs here and there from where it was originally wireless.

rory

Edited by Guest

Oh, I see.

Did you come down into the closet from the attic and stub through the wall above the door to mount that motion detector camera?

Oh, I see.

Did you come down into the closet from the attic and stub through the wall above the door to mount that motion detector camera?

you bet!

No attics in the house join each other, there are 4 in total and they are small and tight, the clients electrician is "well trained" in neatness though and knows the house well. Most areas just dont have attic. To reach this attic we had to come from outside using conduit coming from the upstairs office. Other parts we had to run conduit over the flat roof (roof is all rubber - you can bounce on it but as i installed this mostly in the summer it was no fun ..hot as hell).

I also did all the cable TV wiring for them, well not me I just told the electrician what and where to run it ... i used an amplifier for that. and hooked all that up myself .. not my area but easy enough ..now they call me anytime there is a TV/ AV issue ..they have plasma TVS everywhere .. even all the PCs have their own Plasma .. which I hooked all up also ...

C7 do you guys run conduit also, or just pull cable? See thats where I stay away from it, when it needs conduit I get the electrician in on it .. they are the only ones down here that run conduit .. If I cant use conduit and say needs to be 'prettier' i use moulding and run it myself, or pay someone else to if Im busy.. Now though, when it comes to cameras and its indoors, I run all the cable myself, so I know im keeping the cable a distance from the electric.

PS. I hate running cable!

What a F*cking nightmare!!!!

That dome light at the last pic, I have the exact same one in my hallway, never paid any attention to it, but now, I can brag that I have a light that is used in a multimillion dollar home

by the way, that "Brute" is a great camera, great color production, but .. its not the best image, in other words they need to make it with an auto iris version, and maybe now a wide dynamic one ... but heck its strong .. and thats comparing it in the realms of the Extreme Camera Housings .. I just havent tried running over it yet with my jeep ..soon, soon. .. the lenses are cheesy though, they need a varifocal version ...

The mOtion Detector camera, easy to install, looks like a real motion, well it IS a real motion, hence the blinking light ..cant even see the camera as it is a pinhole lens, but it is not low light, so that kind of sucks, but still, since it is a hidden camera. Note to EVERYONE - if you need a hidden camera, if you dont have sufficient light, and are buying a camera with a pinhole lens, get B/W one time, as it will be a better image. Other than that I am happy with this motion camera even if it is not that low light a camera. The lights are on all the time here so its not really an issue.

C7 do you guys run conduit also, or just pull cable? See thats where I stay away from it, when it needs conduit I get the electrician in on it .. they are the only ones down here that run conduit .. If I cant use conduit and say needs to be 'prettier' i use moulding and run it myself, or pay someone else to if Im busy.. Now though, when it comes to cameras and its indoors, I run all the cable myself, so I know im keeping the cable a distance from the electric.

PS. I hate running cable!

I run a lot of conduit. It isn't usually required for low voltage stuff here. But if I need physical protection, or it's running outside I will run conduit. I have worked for an electrician in the past. I have all the benders and have enough experience to do some pretty nice conduit work. We use a fair amount of wiremolding indoors as well.

But I pride myself in getting the cables in the walls. The other data cabling guys around here rarely fish cables into the walls. Some of the alarm guys around here are pretty good at fishing walls and stuff.

I run a lot of conduit. It isn't usually required for low voltage stuff here. But if I need physical protection, or it's running outside I will run conduit. I have worked for an electrician in the past. I have all the benders and have enough experience to do some pretty nice conduit work. We use a fair amount of wiremolding indoors as well.

But I pride myself in getting the cables in the walls. The other data cabling guys around here rarely fish cables into the walls. Some of the alarm guys around here are pretty good at fishing walls and stuff.

Cool, yeah the last job alarm job I did, I had the network guys run all the cable (as the network guys subbed me to do the job and they wanted to make a buck), but I ended up fishing everything in the walls myself as it was all sheetrock ..over concrete ..and i wanted to get the motions down to a 7' level, also keypads, plus I had them do one and they put it in the wrong place .. Ofcourse the warehouse was all concrete and was a pain in the but .. lots of 3m glue ....they didnt want to run conduit!

anwyay, took me an extra week just to do that ! It was a huge office.warehouse building though, Im doing one of their new small stores tomorrow actually, or sunday (less traffic as its right downtown), but i got ceiling mount motions and drop ceiling in this quote! They have some 30 stores throuhgout the bahamas so my maijn goal is to get he the cameras for all of them! Thats why im charggin them not too much on this one .. enough though for a 2 hour job on my own .. but I want to get the cameras, Im giving them video phones at cost and special packages for video (2 optins, budget and High end - high end gives them multi site remote)

Anyway, yeah I only ever need it for physical protection ... but too many times they dont even want to spend the money on that ..Im stopping that now in big jobs ... i run the cable or I show them where to run it if its in conduit , and where exactly to run the conduit ...also amplified UTP all the way on big jobs ...

Anyway, yeah I only ever need it for physical protection ... but too many times they dont even want to spend the money on that ..Im stopping that now in big jobs ... i run the cable or I show them where to run it if its in conduit , and where exactly to run the conduit ...also amplified UTP all the way on big jobs ...

Don't feel bad. People don't want to pay for it here either. They usually want me to staple the cable down the wall. If it's commercial I just tell them it's required. If it's residential I tell them I can't carry a warranty on that cable/outlet.

The good looking indoor plastic wiremold type stuff is about 2 bucks a foot around here. Compared to about .30 cents a foot for EMT.

Don't feel bad. People don't want to pay for it here either. They usually want me to staple the cable down the wall. If it's commercial I just tell them it's required. If it's residential I tell them I can't carry a warranty on that cable/outlet.

The good looking indoor plastic wiremold type stuff is about 2 bucks a foot around here. Compared to about .30 cents a foot for EMT.

Yep, the cheap Smallest wire mold is around $15 a 5' piece down here, thats the white one, or $12 for 5' of beige wire mold. The thicker ones cost alot more. But stilll cheaper than conduit ..

all the cable wire in this home is run in wire mold, large white ...as conduit would have looked too bad ....all video is in conduit though ..

Yep, the cheap Smallest wire mold is around $15 a 5' piece down here, thats the white one, or $12 for 5' of beige wire mold. The thicker ones cost alot more. But stilll cheaper than conduit ..

WoW. conduit is more expensive then wire mold? Interesting.

WoW. conduit is more expensive then wire mold? Interesting.

well i dont know, but it costs more as I have to get an electrician to run it ...

I dont have the tools nor time ...

military requiers EVERYTHING to be in conduit ( inside or outside ). So what normally would take a week takes 3 weeks.