rory

Logging Software

anyone got any links or sources for the following:

Security Gate Logging System

There are 2 security booths, 1 in, 1 out, the in one has a special lane just for the workers. The out is for everyone.

They want to be able to log in the staff, name of company, staff name, number of staff, time. Then on out, they want to check the "in log" with the staff record and the number of staff leaving, so they can know if anyone is staying behind (and robbing). They want to keep all the info for future purposes just as a back up.

I was thinking having all 500 home owners as accounts, then the guards enter the staff info manually. Problem is most of the guards have never used a computer and are very elderly, so it has to be as simple as possible, like the click of the mouse. Currently they write everything down in a book, which is time consuming.

I was thinking any staff that is not in the database could be told to goto adminstration and create a record, so when they enter, using a licence plate camera to get the plate TEXT, it pops up, with home owners accosiated to that staff member, and the guard just clicks on the home owner they are going to visit, and since the staffs info is already there, all they have to do is select from a drop down box, the number of extra staff that is with them.

On exit, each licence plate is scanned by another camera, and the program searches the database to see if that licence plate is logged in or not, if it is a home owner it will not be. When it finds it logged in, it pops up and then the gaurd checks the number of staff entered to the amount coming out, clicks OK if it is okay, or HOLD if it is not - when on hold it will go into a seperate database table, and delete the logged in record, and same with OK which can goto a back up database.

We were originally thinking a scanner, bar codes, etc, but then thats just extra stuff to get damaged or lost, and the same amount of work involved on the software side.

So i guess it is a log in and log out system, but with the least amount of typing on the guards side, as they are not PC users.

Thing is I doubt they will want to send them to adminstration to get a record created, like if the staff is only coming once and is not a regular, and they say come at night, then administration is closed - so that is a major dilema - even if we were to use bar code stickers on the cars. Someone still has to enter the staffs info and they are likely to grow.

I could write it myself, but looking to see if there is anything out there already.

Any ideas?

tanks

rory

Why not look at biometrics.

If the customer has a good budget then you could get a proper clocking in/out unit with a fingerprint reader, this is simple to use.

These systems are not so expensive now & most have programs to work out the guards hours etc.

These are available for about £600.00 in the U.K, but when I was searching for them I think I saw them in the US for under $500.00 .

the staff cant get out of the vehicles ... and as we have left and right hand drive vehicles here that wont work .. They can pass an ID card over to the guard but to do the finger they would need to get out ..

but a card can get lost easy with 100's of workers ..

I have used this system at 3 locations (all schools).

http://www.raptorware.com

Works great, Justin is the devloper and I am sure he would work with you for a Island version.

They have a system that is not for schools that you might like.

http://www.newbart.com also has a web based sign in system. They are a great Houston company that I deal with.

I have also installed alot of Handreader 3000 with Genpro. They also make a guard system.

http://www.timeamerica.com

http://www.handreader.com

what about voice recognosion, see the thing we are trying to get away from is any kind of security guard PC usage, or at least no keyboard, as 99% of them just cant use a PC...

But we need to be able to get the info from the Staff workers at least for the first time, after that it could be stored in a database along with their licence plate number and then the software can do the rest, even on exit it can sound a siren when a logged in staff worker is exiting, so all the guard has to do is click OK or HOLD .. if they have the same number of staff with them or not ..

So exiting is easy enough, its the entrance and getting the staffs info..

Other than voice I dont see it happening any other way, unless they learn how to type a little, or hire new guards ... t hing is most of these are retired cops who can still own guns .. where as all other security guards cannot, only cops can own guns.

Rory:

I have just emailed a sales flyer from VeCommerce to address your speaker recognition application. You can run the entire island from a central database with IP intercoms and charge individually.

Can also (using xml over SSL) have the database trigger a stored procedure to kick off whats needed to open the door. Should be able to figure out how to get a 485 / 422 or 232 serial Weigand string as well. Might want to interface to an Australian system called Concept 4000.

The function you're looking for is called 'muster' (relating to making sure everyone is out of a burning building) which is a central feature of access control systems.

Extremely secure, no cards or keys to manage or lose.

See www.vecommerce.com.au (speaker verification)

and www.barix.com (IP Intercom)

and www.innerrange.com.au (Concept)

Regards:

Dave

I have never seen any voice program that works with over 80% accuracy.

I do not know if your drivers license has a magnetic stripe but if it does swiping it will collect the information without typing. Or they have license OCR software and scanners if you do not have the magnetic option.

Is there a database that already has all the employee info in it? Why not just do a import, then the guards will only have to update.

I can put you in touch with a friend that is reviewing a retina scanner, when I spoke with him he said that is was better than hand geometry (my favorite).

No thats the problem, there is no worker database, and there are new workers all the time .. which is where the dilema is .. the majority of the current security guards cant type .. and that is a norm down here ... (3rd world)

Rory, I know you don't rate Geovision, but their ANPR system would seem to be the best bet, especially as you already have the numberplate camera.

Rory, I know you don't rate Geovision, but their ANPR system would seem to be the best bet, especially as you already have the numberplate camera.

Nope, geo cant help me, in fact no DVR can. I already have downloaded a licence plate capture software that can capture and convert the plate number to text, thats the easy part., there are tons of software out there for that .. and i can even write my own GUI software to get that, do what I want with it, etc ...

my problem is that when a worker comes in at say: 10pm saturday night, and this is his first time there ... he is not in the system and the guards cant type ... thats my dilema ...

You guys in the US and UK got to understand, 3rd world means 3rd world

but thanks for the help either way .. i am taking in all points and speaking with the contractor on this ..

Oh. Well then... Have you tried something like this?:

122085rke.jpg

Oh. Well then... Have you tried something like this?:

nah, there is no garbage or urine on the ground!

ill get some photos tomorrow/today to show you our third world, not the area where i live though ... i keep it fourth world so i dont get robbed ,,, clean the car they try to steal it .. see