Integratek

Multimonitor DVR client view

I have a customer who has 3 stores. he want to have a DVR station installed in each of them, connected via internet to central office.

Also he want to be able to view what's going on in each store at the same time on three monitors located in central office. Is there any hardware/software which will allow to connect 3 monitors to a single computer or i'll have to put 3 computers, each connected to a single DVR station ?

Stand-alone DVR stations HIGHLY overpriced here (Israel) so i'm looking into PC-based solution

Edited by Guest

Hi, If you have pc building experience, Geovision would be ideal for the situation you mentioned. You would have a geovision dvr in each store connected via broadband. Then the multiview screen would bring them altogether in one screen in the main office. you also have the ability of remote playback also the remote EMap facility means you can view the layout of your cams in each store. check out www.geovision.com.tw also i would browse some of the threads in this forum, you'll pick up a bit of info on geovision.

Hi

I do have some pc experience - worked as pc tech for 8 years

The thing is that he wants to have 4 cams in each store, and to view them on 3 separate screens in central office.

i guess he've seen to many movies

Lol, just reminded me, still haven't seen oceans 12 yet

Thats great, 8 years, PC based wouldn't be too much of a prob then. Dont see why he would want to view them 3 seperate screens when he can have a quad view and always has an option to view 1 in full screen if he wants. Ill pm you a screenshot, of the multiview in action if you want

really dunnow why he'd want this, but as long as he pays some $$$ i'll try my best to have another satisfied customer and, what's most important, not let any concurrent have him.

however, if i won't find solution i'll have no other choise but to do as you've said.

i just wonder if there's nothing on the market to output 3 views to 3 separate screens connected to same computer ...

btw, do you happend to know how to make pc-based drv station turn itself on after power failure or being turned off by someone ?

i have a kodicom 4400 installed there

btw, do you happend to know how to make pc-based drv station turn itself on after power failure or being turned off by someone ?

i have a kodicom 4400 installed there

its a change in the BIOS

I have a customer who has 3 stores. he want to have a DVR station installed in each of them, connected via internet to central office.

Also he want to be able to view what's going on in each store at the same time on three monitors located in central office. Is there any hardware/software which will allow to connect 3 monitors to a single computer or i'll have to put 3 computers, each connected to a single DVR station ?

Stand-alone DVR stations HIGHLY overpriced here (Israel) so i'm looking into PC-based solution

i wouldt say overpriced on the stand alones, depends if it is linux, embedded XP, nucleous, or other. You can get cheap stand alones that will be cheaper than building a PC based .. really depends if you want stability and less maintenance, or more features and lower priced . each client can be different.

anyway, off that subject .. if he wants to view all 3 stores, on the same remote station, but 1 store per monitor, then all he needs is a 3 way video card, and run 3 instances of the software and each one will connect seperately. You can simply posistion each instance of the software into which monitor you want it to show in.

Ofcourse you will need a fast PC for sure, and a good high speed connection.

Rory

Image Vault is a PC Based DVR the IV Max allows you to view up to 640 cameras that's 40 DVR's at the same time.

Go to www.4ademo.com click on manufacturers then CCTV then Image Vault. Image Vault also has the best POS system on the market tied in on a DVR.

The i-views are the better DVR'S for that, and the most cost effective.

I can send you a remote demo so that you see it, including doing remote viewing of multiple locations withinn I.E., via an activeX script, plus via their freeview software.