I just got one in for testing. It is very small and easy to setup. Only problem I had so far is with the web log in. After I input my user name and password it would go to a new page "Page cannot be found". I did this in IE but not with Firefox. You can access the setup with Firefox but you can't see any video so it only works with IE. After a couple of tries it work correctly and has been since. Also so everyone knows you only have 2 options for recording, all the time or motion on camera. The miniNVRs do not have motion detection built in.

Well right now I have the Arecont 5 megapixel h.264, Arecont 3megapixel 3130, ACTI-4201 and AXIS 211 recording on the box and everything is working well. Only problem is looks like you have a total of 20megs throughput for all cameras. So that means you can't have 4 5megapixel cameras on the box.

Edited by Guest

Well right now I have the Arecont 5 megapixel h.264, Arecont 3megapixel 3130, ACTI-4201 and AXIS 211 recording on the box and everything is working well. Only problem is looks like you have a total of 20megs tough put

What do u mean " 20megs tough put " ?

throughput ?

u can't get more, is it your Max or what ?

Thx

Sorry was a little vague with my last post. Looks like the total bandwidth for the 4 channel is 20 megs. Here is a screen shot:

quote]

Thx for info

that kinda sucks

can't handle full bandwidth

Sorry was a little vague with my last post. Looks like the total bandwidth for the 4 channel is 20 megs. Here is a screen shot:

quote]

Thx for info

that kinda sucks

Well just means you can't use 4 5mega pixel cameras on the system. The question is what is the limit on the 8 and 16 versions. Over all this is the only thing that I don't like about the unit.

quote]

Thx for info

that kinda sucks

Well just means you can't use 4 5mega pixel cameras on the system. The question is what is the limit on the 8 and 16 versions. Over all this is the only thing that I don't like about the unit.

Typical NUUO B..s

Me and manufacture ask them to add camera to their soft

They want at least $10-15 K dollars

What a company

It's amazing that it supposedly runs on linux but doesn't support firefox.

Dear TastyHuman,

Our NVRmini runs on Linux, but our live view and playback technology is based on ActiveX which requires IE. You still can configure the system using Firefox since the control panel is based on HTML + Ajax.

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

Dear TastyHuman,

Our NVRmini runs on Linux, but our live view and playback technology is based on ActiveX which requires IE. You still can configure the system using Firefox since the control panel is based on HTML + Ajax.

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

I would love to see your comments about bandwith "limitations"

on Mini Nuuo

Is it true that unit cant handle full data rate of cameras

or what is Max bandwith unit can handle ?

Dear TastyHuman,

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

on Mini Nuuo

Also what are the limits of the 8 and 16 channel versions?

Dear TastyHuman,

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

on Mini Nuuo

NVRmini can handle full data rate of cameras. However, to balance the computating power and data I/O given nvrmini's spec, we limit the bandwidth that an nvrmini can handle to ensure the quality and the user experience.

NVRmini 2040 is capable of 20 Mpbs.

NVRmini 4080 is capable of 30 Mpbs.

NVRmini 4016 is capable of 22 Mpbs.

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

Dear TastyHuman,

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

on Mini Nuuo

NVRmini can handle full data rate of cameras. However, to balance the computating power and data I/O given nvrmini's spec, we limit the bandwidth that an nvrmini can handle to ensure the quality and the user experience.

NVRmini 2040 is capable of 20 Mpbs.

NVRmini 4080 is capable of 30 Mpbs.

NVRmini 4016 is capable of 22 Mpbs.

Cheers,

Yung-chung Lin

Why does the 16 channel have less bandwidth then the 8 channel version?

Why does the 16 channel have less bandwidth then the 8 channel version?

The reason NUUO limits the bandwidth on 4016 is because NUUO wants the hardware to process the incoming video more smoothly and more stably since it supports more channels than 4080 does.

Yung-chung Lin

Here I go re-opening old wounds!

You know I was thinking of using this device as you can see by all the posts I talk about it. But I have been so hesitant about going this route.

Looks like the 4 channel and the 8 channel would do just fine for lets say 4 or 8 ACTi 1.3mp cameras. I would probably be very satisified since it's a standalone and probably very reliable. I like the RAID capability and the functionality. But where I lose interest is in the 16 channel model. My customer would need one 8 channel and one 16 channel system. They would be sorely disappointed with the 16 channel performance I'm afraid.

For the 16 channel I actually need 9 cameras. With 9 cameras I'm looking at a minimum of 27Mbps. The little mini will choke. I can decrease my requirements and probably live with a lower FPS to fall within the limits of the NVR but no way can this machine make someone happy with populating all 16 channels.

Anyone actually install and load up a 16 channel mini? What is your experience with it? I think it has a lot of potential but it's not really ready for primetime just yet IMHO.

You see my customer wants a headless unit and just wants net access so this was perfect and the price was right. But now I'm trying to figure out what the real cost is!?!?