xhitman9

TOP CCTV Brand

How do you define "top"? Top sales? Top quality? Top features? Top marketing BS? Generally the cheaper you go, the more sales you'll see...

Generally the cheaper you go, the more sales you'll see...

Is that why Scorpion is still around? I thought it was his boyish charm!!!!

there is no such thing. the industry is swamped with tens of thousands of brands and millions of different cameras.

I disagree, only 2, Sony and Panasonic use the best chip sets,Sony will sell lower grade chips to all other manufactures and keep the good ones. Panasonic holds a patten on chip bonding.

I disagree, only 2, Sony and Panasonic use the best chip sets,Sony will sell lower grade chips to all other manufactures and keep the good ones. Panasonic holds a patten on chip bonding.

^^^I've heard this as well from a number of manufactures.

The simple truth of it all comes in a few statements, feel free to add to these guys. lol

1.) What the 'top of the line' this week may not be next week.

2.) What was great service today, has been bought out buy a larger, less service oriented company and will change tomorrow.

3.) Video can be subjective. You may like more red or green than the next guy. Which looks better to YOU?

4.) Cost vs. value. There's always something better for more money.

This thread has potential!!

Chipsets, maybe; cameras, definitely not (at least where Sony is concerned ). Panasonic? Well yes, they are one of the best.

Ikegami, Pelco, Bosch and Ganz also make excellent cameras.

Generally the cheaper you go, the more sales you'll see...

Is that why Scorpion is still around? I thought it was his boyish charm!!!!

As I have said before RickA, I am not interested in joining your Man/Boy club, but thanks anyways!

Hi, as a manufacturer would like to say it depends on chip(DSP) maker. for instance the DSPs (W3~W5) from Samsung Techwin are same for Samsung Techwin use and local use. It seems Sony dose same thing.

When manufacturers say it has 'A' brand DSP, it needs a doublecheck carefully with 'A' brand DSP brochure which can get on website.

Hi, as a manufacturer would like to say it depends on chip(DSP) maker. for instance the DSPs (W3~W5) from Samsung Techwin are same for Samsung Techwin use and local use. It seems Sony dose same thing.

When manufacturers say it has 'A' brand DSP, it needs a doublecheck carefully with 'A' brand DSP brochure which can get on website.

I have to strongly disagree. While chipset will have an effect on the potential quality of a given camera design, there are far more factors that can adversely affect the end product: power supply design, ancillary circuit design, parts selection, production methods, quality control and a whole slew of other factors come into play.

You could have two cameras that employ exactly the same chipset and one could be far superior to the other due to the other's cheap circuitry, shoddy production line and/or poor QC.

That is often the primary difference between high-quality goods and cheapo stuff!

I have to strongly disagree. While chipset will have an effect on the potential quality of a given camera design, there are far more factors that can adversely affect the end product: power supply design, ancillary circuit design, parts selection, production methods, quality control and a whole slew of other factors come into play.

You could have two cameras that employ exactly the same chipset and one could be far superior to the other due to the other's cheap circuitry, shoddy production line and/or poor QC.

That is often the primary difference between high-quality goods and cheapo stuff!

I am with you 100%. forgot to say that.

What is top to you may not be top to me.The answer is a subjective one and there is no one DVR or CCTV kit that will suite every application better than all others. Depends on operational requirements aswerll as budget and several other unquantifiable factors

Don't waste your time trying to find the top DVR you will find a different one every time.

OPERATIONAL REQUIREMENT ? ? ?