marty

What Outdoor, Day/Night, Cameras to buy?

Good to see this forum up and running again

Someone drove a car or truck into garage door and stole my stuff. Setting up alarm system. About to try out Telular Telguard TG-9. Learning about CCTV cameras. See picture from Google maps, satellite view. Two car garage faces alley. Alley is narrow one lane road. See green, blue, red, and yellow triangles. This is what I think camera field of view will be?

108020_1.jpg

Draw triangles with Adobe Illustrator. Measure triangles with CAD program. CAD is Computer Aided Design. Look at:

How to install security cameras

CCTV Lens Calculator

Here is what I come up with:

Anticipated Target Distance (D), Target Area Width (W)

Green triangle, entry door.

6 ft. (D), 5 ft. (W), Focal Length Required 5.76 mm

Blue and Red triangle. Both directions of one lane alley. Hope to get license plates with these cameras

22 ft. (D), 8 ft. (W), Focal Length Required 13.2 mm, Higher mm number might be better?

Yellow triangle. Want to see who is dumping mountains of trash in vacant yards across the alley.

40 ft. (D), 64 ft. (W), Focal Length Required 3 mm

Want outdoor cameras, good quality, low cost, small size, should work day and night. No connection to internet. Wired not wireless.

Looking at Tri-ed catalog See:

American Dynamics

Advanced Technology Video

Bosch Security Systems

Clinton Electronics

Computar Ganz

Digimerge Technology

Digital Watchdog

EverFocus

Extreme CCTV

Pelco

Rainbow CCTV Products

Samsung CCTV USA

SANYO CCTV SYSTEM

Speco Technologies

VITEK Industrial Video

and...... eBay Home > Buy > Electronics > Gadgets > Surveillance > Surveillance Cameras > Wired Cameras> 12,159 Search results

Any suggestions as to what features I should be looking for in cameras? Next question will be DVR?

Hello, hope my recommendation can help you out.

[ Want outdoor cameras] --Outdoor CCTV Color CCD Night Vision Security Camera

[good quality]---1/3" Sony Color CCD Image Sensor

---420 TV lines, Horizontal

---Night Vision Min. Light: 0 Lux (IR On)

---IR Irradiation Distance: 80' (25m)

[ low cost,]---$43.75

[small size]---Dimensions 5.3" x 3.1" x 3"

[ should work day and night.]

---This security camera is weatherproof for 24 hour security application.

[ No connection to internet. Wired not wireless. ]---The camera provides a BNC connection for video and RCA connection for Power

Those above are for your reference.

Hello, hope my recommendation can help you out.

[ Want outdoor cameras] --Outdoor CCTV Color CCD Night Vision Security Camera

[good quality]---1/3" Sony Color CCD Image Sensor

---420 TV lines, Horizontal

[ low cost,]---$43.75

[small size]---Dimensions 5.3" x 3.1" x 3"

[ should work day and night.]

---This security camera is weatherproof for 24 hour security application.

[ No connection to internet. Wired not wireless. ]---The camera provides a BNC connection for video and RCA connection for Power

Those above are for your reference.

Do you guys pay for advertising space on the site? All you do is recommend stuff from your site.

http://www.cctvforum.com/advertise.php

Do you guys pay for advertising space on the site? All you do is recommend stuff from your site.

Looks like another SPAMMER that made it an easy decision for me deciding on whom never to buy from. Thanks suky.

Looks like another SPAMMER that made it an easy decision for me deciding on whom never to buy from. Thanks suky.

Thanks for the reply to my question Suky. Put this project on hold but STILL do need to buy equipment.

Look at ##### See lot of cameras, but do not see any brand names

Look at ##### paper catalog from local place, see lots of brand names.

Look at government cameras looking at me. See Pelco http://www.pelco.com/

Suspect ##### is selling equipment from China? The eBay stuff I looked at seems to all come from China or some where far away. I in USA, Buffalo, New York. Why does China stuff have no brand name? Is the brand name equipment the same as the no brand stuff form China. I got no knowledge on cameras and recording equipment. But DO want to see the license plates of people who do evil deeds.

What to buy? and where to buy from?

THANK YOU

Now, I know Tri-ed doesn't carry it but Arecont camras and Exacq NVRs will do what you want. I know that becuase these are the products I work with everyday. You could also look in to NUUO miniNVR for your recording solution to bring down the cost if your don't have a spare PC laying around.

Look at http://www.tri-ed.com/ paper catalog from local place, see lots of brand names.

Thanks for the link!! I was rooting around that site and it looks nice. I must contact them for pricing. I'm still not sure if they are a truly a supplier/distributor or a storefront for a dropshipper? Either way it looks very promising. Thanks.

Look at http://www.tri-ed.com/ paper catalog from local place, see lots of brand names.

Thanks for the link!! I was rooting around that site and it looks nice. I must contact them for pricing. I'm still not sure if they are a truly a supplier/distributor or a storefront for a dropshipper? Either way it looks very promising. Thanks.

Tri-ed is a supplier/distributor.

Hello, Marty, I am going to make clear some puzzled issues.

It does have its brand name called Zmodo; and it is a professional distributor of cctv solutions.

Anyway, if you need help, please let me know.

Hello, Marty, I am going to make clear some puzzled issues.

It does have its brand name called Zmodo; and it is a professional distributor of cctv solutions.

Anyway, if you need help, please let me know.

Suky,

Zmodo Great now we have a brand name. Should make some mention of that on your web site.

http://zmodo.net/contacts.html

Your Zmodo web site needs some work. Home page is broke http://zmodo.net/index.html

Can I view manuals for the products you sell?

Hello, Marty, Thanks for your attention. If you look for more details, you can visit the website listed in my signature. In addtion, the munuals for products can be downloaded there!

If you need any other help, please let me know!

OK Suky - See some manuals here - #####

Not sure if I see manuals for all the products you sell?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please go back to first post in this topic and recommend 4 cameras that will do what I want. Note different Focal Lengths Required. Also please note that my knowledge on CCTV is very limited, so if what I ask for will not do what I want please let me know.

If you list SKU #s I will have easier time finding stuff on your web site.

Any ?s please let me know

Hello Marty, : Can you tell me your email adress? I can email you, or you can join the live support on our website, it is will be more convenient.

marty. hotdeals dont ship from usa there is cheap and even cheapper stayaway from both. i buy from america to install in the uk. and looking at your price range then have a look at the link.

http://www.avermedia-usa.com/surveillance/productdetail.aspx?id=18

i have over 40 of these systems out and have had no problems at all. 25 fps on each camera ptz controler. internet viwer and mobile viewer. and d1 recording upto 28 days.

I run a avermedia N 7000 with eclipse cameras with no problems.. I have installed a few of eclipse dvr and cameras with no problems for a easy solution where you have good day night viewing the ECL-51 (dome) ecl 597 (bullet) are my favs.. check out the spec's for yourself.. cctvco..com

Thanks for the reply to my question Suky. Put this project on hold but STILL do need to buy equipment.

Look at ##### See lot of cameras, but do not see any brand names

Look at ##### paper catalog from local place, see lots of brand names.

Look at government cameras looking at me. See Pelco http://www.pelco.com/

Suspect ##### is selling equipment from China? The eBay stuff I looked at seems to all come from China or some where far away. I in USA, Buffalo, New York. Why does China stuff have no brand name? Is the brand name equipment the same as the no brand stuff form China. I got no knowledge on cameras and recording equipment. But DO want to see the license plates of people who do evil deeds.

What to buy? and where to buy from?

Just curious? Why does someone write ##### over links to places to buy CCTV stuff from? I am not selling anything. I am still more confused as ever as to what equipment to buy

Why can SUKY have a link in his online store in his sig?

Everyone can have links in their signature.

Suky is a little over obvious as to his intentions, but it has been discussed with the admin already.

Why can SUKY have a link in his online store in his sig?

Everyone can have links in their signature.

Suky is a little over obvious as to his intentions, but it has been discussed with the admin already.

Thank you Rory

Just curious? Why does someone write ##### over links to places to buy CCTV stuff from? I am not selling anything. I am still more confused as ever as to what equipment to buy

all links to online stores are removed as per the forum rules:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3147

Sorry about that Rory. Did not read the rules.

Update on my search for cameras. Email Suky, and place that advertize with banner on top of this forum. Also called place that mail me catalog. Recommendations were all over the place. High and low prices and all different recommendations for lens.

Just to refresh your memories here is satellite view of Two car garage that faces alley. Alley is narrow one lane road.

108020_1.jpg

To cut down on cost I have decided to use fewer cameras. What do you all think about one camera to view license plates? Here in New York cars have front and back plates.

Green triangle, entry door.

6 ft. (D), 5 ft. (W), Focal Length Required 5.76 mm

Red triangle. Hope to get license plates with this camera. Camera will be mounted about 8 foot high.

22 ft. (D), 8 ft. (W), Focal Length Required 13.2 mm, Higher mm number might be better? This is the important camera. Without license plate numbers, cops will never find bad guys.

Yellow triangle. Want to see who is dumping mountains of trash in vacant yards across the alley.

40 ft. (D), 64 ft. (W), Focal Length Required 3 mm

Looking at camera manufacturer web sites. These web sites look way more professional then online stores web sites. Better web site might mean better quality equipment? Here is chart of cameras that I see in Tri-Ed catalog.

108020_1.gif

Sorry about large image size. Go here to see chart on new page in browser.

http://voltev.com/cctvforum/camera_chart01.gif

Any one have any suggestions as to what cameras to buy? Cameras not on chart are fine. Any one want to sell me equipment? Got $$$$.