joe4

Geo Central Monitoring

Does the Geovision Center V2 just give you a GUI that can handel video from multiple Geo systems?

Are there any other cards that have similar systems? I am looking at a 4 site installation and remote viewing of all the sytems is the biggest need.

I-view boards have a much better remote managment than geo. The Freeview software can connect to unlimited sites, particualy the best thing is that in ONE screen, you can have up to 25 cameras, take a look at this pic, this is with 4 sites running at the same time, in the same screen. Plus you have the feature of where you can choose what cameras if different sites you want to monitor at the same time, for example, maybe the client whishes to see only camera 1, 2, 4 of each location, so then he'll have 12 camera windows withinn the software which he can monitor, plus he can start recording and take still images at the same time.

Let me know if you want more info

The Geo Multiview will let you view multiple sites at the same time up to 16. We have a Burger franchisee who regularly has his 15 restaurant counters up on his home PC.

The Centre software is more for manned remote monitoring & you can have multiple sites, up to 24 cameras, and cameras can be set to only display when they see movement.

GE kalatel DVRs do multisite also..

16 sites in a 4, 16, 32 or 64 way view, all their 4, 10 and 16 channels use it.

I was wondering if there is a file that can be edited directly that would allow me to change the resolution that Center V2 could record at on the client PC.

I have a PC that will only allow 320x240 to come across and another one that will allow 640x480?

The one with 320x240 has the resolution selection area grayed out with the 320x240 visible. At the DVR it is configured at 640x480 deinterlace.

I ended up closing up Center V2 and reloading it then deleting the subscriber before it connected to the DVR and then re-adding the subscriber to fix this problem.

If there is a control file that can be edited directly that would be better than what I did.

i got a card here now, ill install it over the next couple days. then ill better be able to answer your question on this .. i dont know of any such file off hand though.