scorpion

ATT two wire. How do you port forward?

I have a customer and I have never worked with the ATT Two Wire.

I saw where you can input ports, but it does not allow you to put the LAN IP address with the port numbers. I thought this was weird.

I have done the "IPChichen" at I wrote down the WAN IP address.

I could not connect remotely to the DVR. Not a problem for me.

I did a ping on the WAN address, and it does not ping at all. ????

Anyone have Two wire Experience??

Thanks!

Help!!

I am still unable to get video on the WAN!

I cannot ping the IP Chicken which I thought was strange!

Anyone ever set up a two wire for video?

Thanks

Not too familiar with DSL devices, but you could try to have it forward everything/DMZ/NAT to a normal router that you are more familiar with. I know the all in one devices ISPs are using these days can create some hassles since they don't do everything you want.

Hello, i am not quite sure about the way, but you can have a try.

Generally forwarding is done so the outside world can connect to some type of server that is located behind your router/firewall. Web servers, ftp servers, mail servers, computers running telnet, ssh, remote desktop, sql, and mysql are all examples where forwarding would be needed. If you are trying to forward the same application to two different ip addresses, you may have problems.

may be you can have a try in this way:

1. Key point: change the second router’s IP address, and close DHCP.

2. Reset your computer as bellows:

Net hood-right mouse button-local network-right mouse button-properties (TCP/IP)—change its properties into obtain the IP address automatically.

or you need to buy a PFC config, which will automatically forward your ports. it is around $30

Hello!

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate the help.

If you are trying to forward the same application to two different ip addresses, you may have problems.

They only have one IP address.

1. Key point: change the second router’s IP address, and close DHCP.

The 2Wire has a 4 port built in, and there is no router connected.

Net hood-right mouse button-local network-right mouse button-properties (TCP/IP)—change its properties into obtain the IP address automatically.

The computer is already set up for automatic

I found a page in the 2Wire that allows me to remove the "block ping" option. This did not help any.

I have not had a chance to get back out to the customers house as he has been putting in a lot of overtime where he works.

Once I figure this out, then I will keep everyone posted.

I am not sure about another way, but ,anyway, I want to have a try!

To set up your 2Wire intelligent gateway, you will be asked to provide a key code. The proper key code should have been provided to you either on a sticker on the shipping container, or in the documentation from your broadband service provider.

If a key code was not provided, please follow the instructions below to obtain one.

1. Determine your broadband service provider.

2. In the section for your service provider in the table below, select the description that best describes your Internet service and use the corresponding key code to the right.

or the firewall block it.

The Two Wires I've configured, require you to go to the Firewall Section and add a new application for each port. Then you can tell it what port to forward where. Easy help is to go to portforward.com, chose your 2Wire and the application. You'll get step by step instructions.

Thanks for the heads up on port forward .com

The ATT 2wire is set up according to portforward.com's suggestions.

I cannot ping the address, and I cannot log in to the video.

I wish this was a netopia as I would have had remote video in 5 seconds.

It appears that I am having a unique ATT problem that none of you have experienced.

Thanks for the info though!

One left field question. Did you try changing your HTTP server port to something other than 80? (assuming you're using 80) My first experience with a 2Wire had me running in circles because the ISP swore they were not blocking any ports but when I reconfigured everything to port 81 it all worked.

Another thought is turning off Windows or any other system firewalls.

One thought on checking all your ports are open is to use the telnet command from the cmd prompt. Just type in telnet, the IP address or dipmap or dyndns name then the port number. If the port is blocked somewhere your request will time out. Had better luck identifying problems with this then pinging a site.

2 wire i have done so many hi. scorpion. the 2 wire will not find any ip of anything you plug into it. what it will do under attached devices it will give your dvr a mac address why 2 wires do this i dont know. so you need to find your mac address in its drop down menu click on it then you have the option to give it a local ip then it is port forward as usual

TomCCTV

Interesting concept!

I will have to look in to that!

Thank you very much!!

I appreciate the info!

scorpion,

Check the router IP address. Some sites that I goto reports a 220.xx.xx.xx address where my local ISP should be 165.xx.xx.xx. The accurate reports came from dynamicDNS . COM. Again, look through that site to see the Port checker tool, it will confirm if the port is opened or not.

I just finished a NDVR installation with 2Wire's 2701HGV-E (and I have one at home too) so post back here with your findings and I'll see what I can do to help.

Cheers !