I'm a software engineer developing software for various DVR capture cards. We have tried a few and they all at least one problem (interference, shaky picture). Any ideas on a solid capture card with a user friendly SDK that I can use?

i am only interested in the hardware video compression boards.

the video could be recorded in D1 resolution. and while transmitting the video over the internet, you can adjust the video to be in a lower resolution .i have sent you a short message for your interest.

there are a couple of dvr boards which you would like to take a look at.

Sounds like you are using cheap cameras and of dvr card stay away from junk clones and no name brand equipment. Now with that said how have you hooked these up coax, twisted pair adapters please list more about your system so you can get better answers to your problem.

Frankly speaking, the video quality will be greatly affected not only by PC Card's display/ record resolution but also by camera's resolution and visible distance.

What's more, the camera has more influence on video quality!

Actually many DVR Cards comes with SDK .. The HikVision Cards are based on the TI DM642 Processor .. another large company in the same province (Hang-Zhou) called SkyVision also have a similar card .. .. I think they provide the SDK

Another Taiwanese coy www.ProVideo.com.tw also uses TI DM642 also have the similar and confirmed that they provide the SDK

Hmmm. I think we are going to try a couple of these UDPTechnology cards. They have a nice selection plus a bunch of PCI-Express solutions.

The KGuards cards we have tried have a lot of issues with the picture jumping. I'm not sure if its due to using the Philips chipset or not.

We have also tried the Hikvision cards which have an issue with multi channel playback (syncing the times between playback of multiple videos, CPU usage).

Actually many DVR Cards comes with SDK .. The HikVision Cards are based on the TI DM642 Processor .. another large company in the same province (Hang-Zhou) called SkyVision also have a similar card .. .. I think they provide the SDK

Another Taiwanese coy www.ProVideo.com.tw also uses TI DM642 also have the similar and confirmed that they provide the SDK

Skyvision uses Hikvision and Dahua cards!

JD

How are UDP & Hikvision cards compared to AverMedia, particularly NV6480 or NV8416 E4 PCI-E cards? I'm about to purchase NV8416 E4 card for client.

Tested out a few of the UDP cards we got the other week. Very solid cards (no shake or distortion in the picture) and the SDK is very well documented. I think we will be going forward with UDP for now.

Thanks all for the help.