wozzzzza

What sort of cable should i use for camera, mic and video?

i have a camera 24vAC, microphone, IR Illuminator at one position at corner of house, what sort of cable should i use to connect these up??

i am looking at a cable that incorporates the video coax and 5 x 14AWG wires in it, so it seems like an all in one set of wires. would this be ok to use for all those accessories or should i use seperate wires for each?

You will want to use RG 59 coax for the video, and audio, or you will need baluns for each end of none coax wiring.

The yellow for video, and red, or white for the audio. TV baluns should do the job.

so what does this balun do?

how about this type of balun, i found on google, does power, video and audio via cat5 cable which i have stacks of. if i bought a few of these and stuck it on my camera and dvr using 24vac through it i can run all my cameras without the need for coax cable? if this is ok it will save me a bit of cash. then i would just need a fig8 cable for my IR light.

107739_1.jpg

Can you show more sepcifications of this video balun, for there are many types?

such as:

whether it supports video, audio and power transceive;

transmission distance as you need;

DC loop resistance.....

more specifications, more advices...

Design for transmits audio , video and power over a single cable.

Longer transmission distance, 600meter.

Support all video device, such as camera, monitor, DVR card, recorder, etc.

Route 12VDC/24VAC power via cat.5 cable .

Lightweight and compact ,simply install.

Come in pair ,one for camera ,and the other one for DVR.

Package content:

1 X CCTV Video Audio Power Balun Transceiver

Video: Frequency Response:DC-6MHz; Common-mode/differential-mode Rejection:15HKz-6HKz 60dB typ.

Wire Type: Spec:24AWG or UTP CAT5 ;DC loop resistance:18Ω /100M; Impedance:100Ω Â±20%;Differential Capacitance:62pf/M(Max.)

Impedance: BNC coaxial cable: 75Ω ; RJ-45 100Ω

Temperature:-10~+65℃ Humidity:0~95%

Transferring Distance: 200 M

Dimensions: 20x20.5x43cm

Weight: 35g

I'm waiting for the response on your spec postings of the balun connectors. Intresting potential... something that comes to mind is that those running 24 volt PTZ cameras may need more than one power feed from the camera power control box. The heater and blower should get its own circuit or feeds which should be fused seperately from the 24 volt camera PTZ operation. Always read the wiring spec chart for voltage drops, distances and wire sizes... If you get these connectors and intend on running Cat 5/6 from your control location to outside your house/shop/garage ( hey mods correct me if I'm wrong ) to your cameras, the cat wire gauge would be incorrect for almost any run. The point being just because it says 12 and 24 volt power don't get confused. Be smarter than the horse your riding... These seem to be great items for stationary 12 volt camera operation within 200 foot runs.

so what does this balun do?

how about this type of balun, i found on google, does power, video and audio via cat5 cable which i have stacks of. if i bought a few of these and stuck it on my camera and dvr using 24vac through it i can run all my cameras without the need for coax cable? if this is ok it will save me a bit of cash. then i would just need a fig8 cable for my IR light.

107739_1.jpg

Thing is, there's nothing really special about these, as baluns go. The most basic video balun connects the BNC pin and shield to a pair of terminals, lugs, screws, or pins on an RJ-45 jack, via an appropriate transformer.

The ones that add power, simply connect the power input/output leads directly through to two pairs of pins (so you double-up the wires for better current capacity) on the RJ-45 jack.

The ones with serial control do the same with the fourth pair of RJ-45 pins, and I would suspect the ones with audio do the same (although they COULD use another transformer for proper balanced audio, I doubt that's the case, at least with most cheap ones).

Basically, there's no functional difference between using one of these all-in-one devices, and just plain video-only baluns and then tying your audio, serial, and/or power directly to the wire pairs in the Cat5 jacket... all these do is simplify the installation a bit.

im trying to figure out how to double up the wires for the power feed, can ya help??

i cant make 2 wires fit into a rj45 plug, how do you do it??

Well, this is the color coding I normally use... note that I rarely use the all-in-one, RJ45-terminated baluns, as they DO require extra work overall (terminating the Cat5/RJ45s at both ends), plus the baluns cost more than just straight video baluns with no real benefit to that extra cost other than maybe looking a little cleaner. Also, since there's no defined standard as to which wire pairs are used for what signal, you have to use the same company's baluns on both ends.

110359_1.gif

By "doubling up", of course, I mean using both wires of one color pair for each side of the power.

so i would have to pullt he balun apart in order to double up the power wires? else it will only have 1 wire going to power otherwise wouldnt it and not 2??

im trying to figure out how to double up the wires for the power feed, can ya help??

Careful with which cameras you double that up for, distances, voltage and amps required. You wont be able to power all types of cameras with UTP doubled or trippled up.

Careful with which cameras you double that up for, distances, voltage and amps required. You wont be able to power all types of cameras with UTP doubled or trippled up.

can you give examples?? my cameras require 24v at 450ma each max.