purdywis

suggestions/thoughts on an additional ptz rollout

Hello all, I wanted to collect thoughts and real life working examples of PTZ protocols along with specific cameras you guys are using and how many features each one incorporates. More specifically, I am using geovision. My goal is to obtain a new set of ptz cameras that I can use the gv-net card with to send 485 signal to control the cameras via the software.

Currently I have 2 setups. One is a bosch/phillips setup where I need to use the bosch joystick to move the cameras, but can use the software to store and recall presets.

Pro: ability to move to presets.

Con: Cannot move camera from software freely

setup 2: Pelco-D protocol KT&C cameras using another GV-net card for 485. I am able to move the cameras, zoom, and focus via the software. I do not have a joystick so I cannot try anything else.

Pro: can move camera freely via software

Con: unable to set/store/goto presets.

Also, I am unable to set up tours on either one, or do the "if inactive for xx go do this"

bottom line: I want the best of both worlds. Some of my old cameras are dying and I have a PO signed to buy new ones... but now is the turning point where I need to know what you guys have made work so I don't limit myself or get too stuck on one camera/protocol that the cost to change becomes too great.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

I cannot help you. I use entry level AVTech DVRs.

I was shocked from your post! I have never used the Geo Vision cards, and I have no experience with them.

I was truely suprised about your PTZ issues!

How do you control your PTZ remotely from somewhere else?

The AVTech DVRs connected to a cheap PTZ controller makes a great system! You can control the PTZ through the remote via the DVR, and locally the customer can use the joy stick, and presets.

I set the presets the same on the AVTech DVR, and on the PTZ controller.

Do not compare me to commercial PTZ, controllers, and video multiplexing commercial systems, but for small business, or the "rich" home owner this system rocks!

Geo Vision?? Hmmm? Interesting!

Note to those reading this post:

You cannot control the PTZ via the AVTech 760A's front panel. You will have to have a seperate controller.

You can give up the controller if you log in to the DVR via a computer, and then you can control the PTZ locally, and save a little money.

My favorite PTZ Camera!

http://eclipsecctv.com/SP300E_MINI_PTZ_CAMERA.html

Controller (Super easy to use)!

http://eclipsecctv.com/PTZ_dome_controllerECL-CN430.html

What the DVR looks like

http://eclipsecctv.com/NUBIX4BC_security_DVR.html

For PTZ camera, you need to take these features into account:

1. CCD always employ 1/4" Color EX-View HAD CCD

2. Horizontal resolution comes with 480tv lines

3. Night vision / IR Distance: 330' (100m)

4. Optical Zoom: 27X which will take a great effect on the quality picture

5. Angle of View (H): 54.2° (WIDE) to 2.2° (TELE)

6. Pan Rotation: 0°~360° (Endless)

7. Tilt Rotation: 0°~90°

8. Baud Rate: 1200~9600 bps

9. 32 Presets

Communication: RS485

Through the RS485 connection, it can be controlled by PTZ controller.

These suggestions are for your reference, hope it helps!

Ive used GE Kalatel CyberDomes with GeoVision and you can use the Keyboard AND the software, presents, tours and all - using the Kalatel Protocol. Not Cheap though. You also need an additional GE device. This is the same with ALL DVRs.

Your KT&C situation, why not just buy the keyboard then??

GeoVision supports many PTZ protocols, its up to the PTZ manufacturer to supply the rest of it. GeoVision has serial communications as with any other DVR. I cant say what the problem is with the Bosch unit but you should contact the reseller and get it working properly.

For PTZ camera, you need to take these features into account:

1. CCD always employ 1/4" Color EX-View HAD CCD

2. Horizontal resolution comes with 480tv lines

3. Night vision / IR Distance: 330' (100m)

4. Optical Zoom: 27X which will take a great effect on the quality picture

5. Angle of View (H): 54.2° (WIDE) to 2.2° (TELE)

6. Pan Rotation: 0°~360° (Endless)

7. Tilt Rotation: 0°~90°

8. Baud Rate: 1200~9600 bps

9. 32 Presets

Communication: RS485

Through the RS485 connection, it can be controlled by PTZ controller.

These suggestions are for your reference, hope it helps!

You are hysterical!!!!! Those are the same specs off the junk PTZ camera of your web site..... you just don't get it do you

And where is the tech support when you click on your link. Guys please don't buy anything from this clown.

In reference to your not able being abl eto move from the web - Alot of other manfacuters dont fully put the full abilities of other manufacturers into their products, especially when you have 2 different manfuacturers on a site.

I use the Geo card PTZ functions and they work fine for the occasional use if use are using it Operationally get a PTZ joystick