thewireguys

Mobotix Q24 with images

Yep same camera and yes you can get different lens on the color and B/W sensors. PM me and I will see what I can do for you. Welcome to Mobotix security Does your current NVR software support Mobotix or are you gonna your MxControlcenter?

Luxriot actually supports the Mobotix camera I have... but I may use MxControlcenter to record directly to NAS. I have Terabytes of network storage that I'm not using.

I'm going to play with this one to get a feel for what it will do... and I will probably take you up on that offer. I have to figure out exactly which areas I want to cover and measure some distances/angles.

One very important thing with Mobotix cameras do not lose the Admin or Supervisor password. There is no way for you to reset back the the default password even if you do a factory default. It is a security measure Mobotix implemented so if someone would steal the camera they can't see the recorded video stored in the camera.

Yep same camera and yes you can get different lens on the color and B/W sensors. PM me and I will see what I can do for you. Welcome to Mobotix security Does your current NVR software support Mobotix or are you gonna your MxControlcenter?

Luxriot actually supports the Mobotix camera I have... but I may use MxControlcenter to record directly to NAS. I have Terabytes of network storage that I'm not using.

I'm going to play with this one to get a feel for what it will do... and I will probably take you up on that offer. I have to figure out exactly which areas I want to cover and measure some distances/angles.

One very important thing with Mobotix cameras do not lose the Admin or Supervisor password. There is no way for you to reset back the the default password even if you do a factory default. It is a security measure Mobotix implemented so if someone would steal the camera they can't see the recorded video stored in the camera.

And I understand that turning off the microphone is likewise permanent. Why is that?

And I understand that turning off the microphone is likewise permanent. Why is that?

I think the microphone thing is mostly so you could prove compliance with areas / users that do not allow audio recording. Once it is off, no one can turn it back on against policy.

BTW, I just finished an install with three of the D12 dual domes, and I like them. Only problem I ran into was that there is no (clean) way to run cable into the side of the dome if it is surface mounted.

The image is very good, but there does seem to be more pixel to pixel variation than other cmos cams, hard to describe, but if you pan the camera while looking at the image, it is like a very fine, fixed, blotchy screen over the image.

The digital zoom image is fairly smooth, without too many jaggies.

The concept of having complete imager modules, instead of just lenses, is a little odd, but they are cheap enough that it is not a big problem.

Overall, I think I will be using more of them in the future. Hopefully Exacq will add support for them soon, that would be a nice combo.

You have two options with the mic turn it off and destroy it. If you destroy it there is no way to turn it back on. They did this because every camera has the ability to record audio and they needed to provide proof that the mic was no working and somebody couldn't just log in and turn it back on.

Ive had images like this with CCTV cameras for years, obviously not on a PC but on a high quality CCTV monitor - and alot cheaper

though they are not that far off from the 720x480 images on PC DVRs and just enlarged, you can see these images here are heavily compressed or something or perhaps they have actually been resized?

Obviously the camera can't see around corners. But in the right room it will work great.

108835_1.jpg

aufnahmerezeptionv.jpg

108835_2.jpg

108835_3.jpg

Ive had images like this with CCTV cameras for years, obviously not on a PC but on a high quality CCTV monitor - and alot cheaper

though they are not that far off from the 720x480 images on PC DVRs and just enlarged, you can see these images here are heavily compressed or something or perhaps they have actually been resized?

How do you get a 3MP 2048px × 768 image from a 720x480 analog camera? These are not the full images.

Yes if you compare camera prices this camera is not cheap but you have to look at this camera price as the entire solution. $999 for the camera, lens, housing, heater/blower, NVR software, computer/DVR, intercom system all with one cat5 and POE.

Everybody busts on Mobotix cameras for price until they get there hands on one then they see the quality, value and features that no other company can provide.

Obviously the camera can't see around corners. But in the right room it will work great.

108835_1.jpg

aufnahmerezeptionv.jpg

108835_2.jpg

108835_3.jpg

Edited by Guest

How do you get a 3MP 2048px × 768 image from a 720x480 analog camera? These are not the full images.

Im going by these images, like i said they must be heavily compressed or resized. Just curious, how many high quality CCTV systems have you setup? Not with Megapixel that is. Typically when one calls them analog cameras they dont know anything about CCTV.

Im going by these images, like i said they must be heavily compressed or resized. Just curious, how many CCTV systems have you setup?

Rory they are not the full image i just pulled them off Mobotix's website. I don't do to much with analog unless we have to Bars/clubs and super low light stuff. Megapixel is we it's at right now we are concentrating on IP based solutions for everything .... Just finished up another Megapixel install for a police station I beat the other analog resolution IP system bids by $12,000 It sucks you have all the taxes and shipping fees so you can't get your hands on some of this stuff.

dont poo-poo the camera just yet !

till you you have adjusted the settings. I had one working in the Mobotix training with IR just by adjusting the shutter etc. and a day and night profile from memory.

I know its not a DN camera but its not bad.

till you you have adjusted the settings. I had one working in the Mobotix training with IR just by adjusting the shutter etc. and a day and night profile from memory.

Without an actual ICR filter, how well does that actually work?

I suspect it blurs like a mother with low-light motion.

The Q24 can not see IR

The Q24 can not see IR

Neither can the day-only version of the D22 dome. Believe me... I tried it at night with some really high-powered IR sources.

It could see nothing.

Am I the only guys diggin the Mobotix products? Give me some input and feed back guys?

We are new to the site and wanted to post our impressions. We run a small site selling gear and wanted to share some input after lurking for a while.

We have sold quite a few of the Q22 and now the Q24 cameras and have had some great feedback.. They are easy to setup and configure and provide a robust solution. Only downsides are with the cost of the mobotix branded mounting equipment and the learning curve for our customers who are used to the traditional analog & DVR PTZ solutions.

As people learn the networking side to go with the traditional CCTV tech then I think the adoption of the IP cameras will increase.

Josh P

It's a nicely packaged camera (weatherproof, built-in two way audio, 3mp)... Made in Germany...

I was comparing this with Arecont 3105 while back, customer ended up choosing the 3105. What drove? As someone has mentioned before, the picture was grainey and with less than perfect light situation, it produced more noises. Its 3 mp sharpness seemed more like 2mp or even 1.3mp version of Arecont's.

a night version of the q24 is in the works

I have had alot of inquiries on this. Any ideas on when this would be available and if it is night/day or just night

the q24 is using the same board as all the 24 models so it would just be like the bw d24 where it would be bw all the time -- the dont believe in any moving parts in their cameras so i dont see a cut filter being installed anytime soon to give you color day and bw night -- the m12 just uses both sensors so maybe they can fit the 360 lens on the new m14 and you'll have a 180 degree pano in color and b&w, we can only hope i guess

I'm thinking of getting Q24. Can anyone tell if it is possible to set camera to upload a distortion corrected jpg image to ftp server every five seconds?

I'm thinking to instal Q24 as public webcam but the cameras location does't have very good internet connection. Therefore I'll need to upload image to web server and make my own client which uses those uploaded jpg files.

I'm thinking of getting Q24. Can anyone tell if it is possible to set camera to upload a distortion corrected jpg image to ftp server every five seconds?

I'm thinking to instal Q24 as public webcam but the cameras location does't have very good internet connection. Therefore I'll need to upload image to web server and make my own client which uses those uploaded jpg files.

yes you can

Do the Mobotix outdoor cams have vari focal lenses for zoom that can replace a an optical zoom camera (or a PTZ optical zoom)?

Do the Mobotix outdoor cams have vari focal lenses for zoom that can replace a an optical zoom camera (or a PTZ optical zoom)?

The Q24 has a fixed lens. There are two versions available to choose from at purchase including a 360deg 11mm or a 90deg 22mm. The Q24 is designed for wide coverage areas and if you wanted vari you should look at the M24 with 24-54 vari which has the same performance as the q24.

Edited by Guest