Noteleks

CCTV system money not an issue

I have a 5000 sq. ft. warehouse sitting on 10 acres of land. I have a simple security system that sets off an alarm everytime the wind blows. I want to go to a security system that imploys cameras. I am not sure if I should go to a stand alone DVR. Here are the requirements I am looking for:

1. At least 8 cameras

2. Can view them remotely

3. Has excellent resolution and real-time playback

4. Each camera has its own power

5. Will alert me through email and my cellphone

6. Will reboot if power is lost

7. Is expandable to at least 8 more cameras

And I am sure more that I have not thought of everything. Any suggestions on a system? I know that no one can advertise on here. I am just looking on the best way to set up my system. I will look for the hardware and software after suggetions. Thank you.

Hmm, here again, I'm going to recommend Vigil systems (www.3xlogic.com) - no, I don't work for them, but we use their systems a lot and are very happy with them. They fit all your criteria, and then some... of particular interest to your needs is the fact that the latest version also includes built-in video analytics, which allows far more complex fine-tuning of alarm triggers than simple motion detection (so you're not getting alerts "everytime the wind blows").

They have 16- and 32-channel models and can nicely handle a mix of analog and IP cameras.

I'd give more details, but right now I have to head out the door... but if you have any more questions, I'll try to answer them when I get back

Hi. noteleks.

i am in england but i use this dvr from america. and i think it is one of the best systems on the market. here is a link to there site. also look at there demo and then have a good look at there site you can get the best advice.

http://www.ati247.com/features/

as far as installing i am sure soundy can help you there.

I would take a look at Mobotix and here is why.

1)You can use the built-in storage or a NAS so you don't have the cost and heat of a dedicated PC/server.

2) Free NVR software

3) 3Megapixel images

4) No moving parts less to go wrong

5) POE

6) No extra housings or heating required

7) Built-in logic in the cameras send even images to your cell phone

VOIP and SIP so you can have the camera call your cell phone and have a 2-way conversation (any where in the world)

Mobotix is way more then a camera system they are truly a fully integrated security system.

www.mobotix.com

VOIP and SIP so you can have the camera call your cell phone and have a 2-way conversation (any where in the world)

Is this for all models or if just a few can you give me a model name?

tnx

JD

Personally, I would say install a decent alarm system as well as cameras - you need both really.

and bars, plenty of bars!! least here anyway

geovision ... inexpensive but not ultra cheap .. easy to use and build ..

8) VOIP and SIP so you can have the camera call your cell phone and have a 2-way conversation (any where in the world)

Is this for all models or if just a few can you give me a model name?

tnx

JD

All IT and Sec models are capable some you have to add the ExtIO Extension Module.

I'd second the alarm suggestion. If money really isn't a problem, there are good, reliable, low false alarm rate sensing options available (Protech Piramid combo Microwave/ PIR sensors for volume areas, and Optex beam towers for perimiter lines come to mind)

Maybe consider IP video with analytics (Object Video, etc.) for coverage, as well.

Think about physical barriers, too. It is better to deter someone, than to try to identify them later....

I agree fully with those that have said "install both."

The majority of my customers are either military or other facilities, or logistics and distribution. Both have many warehouses involved.

To state that I have walked through many warehouses of many sizes is accurate.

While you state that money is an issue, there has to be a cost-benefit balance.

You could have very complex, and very expensive, analytics provided that would do a good job of weeding out the lighting changes, line noises, rats, and so on, in order to determine when a human being really enters your facility. In fact, if you're willing to pay for it, you can have forklifts, humans, dogs, and anything else you can think of walking around a facility map based on an interface from camera --> nvr --> analytics --> mapping software.

With that said, the most cost effective way to accomplish what you want, is going to be to either retrofit or completely replace your existing alarm system, and also to put in video meeting the requirements you discussed.

Perhaps an added requirement would be "install an interface between the NVR/alarm system."

What others said about dual technology detectors is good. Just keep in mind that microwave, when overlapping, can cause interference between sensors. PIR you can generally overlap, but dual-tech most manufacturers recommend that you do not.

Also keep in mind that there are companies out there that can monitor your facility for you through specific video systems based on system analytics and also your "traditional" alarm devices. So, for example if you retrofit your alarm system, and one of the dual-tech sensors is triggered, they can look in through your video system and determine if it was a real human being or something that doesn't matter. The same goes for if a video analytic were triggered.. they look in, determine if the alarm is real, and if it's real, they respond appropriately. If you're willing to pay to have a PA system or speakers installed, you can even have some of the central stations that do this talk down through the speakers and say something like, "You, in the red shirt. This is security. Leave the premises immediately or you will be arrested." Some people prefer this method, others prefer to have the offender stay on site until possible apprehension. The first method is more successful at preventing the occurance from going further generally, the second is preferred by some because they like to "catch the bad guy," but also opens the danger of them getting away if the police or private security response is not quick enough.

If you outsource the response, it saves you the trouble and heart ache of dealing with false (or real) alarms at 3AM, or when you're on a date, or at the kids' sports game, or having an anniversary dinner, and so on. There are people who do this every day that probably make less money than you - it's worth outsourcing it to them rather than rearranging your life.

I agree fully with those that have said "install both."

The majority of my customers are either military or other facilities, or logistics and distribution. Both have many warehouses involved.

To state that I have walked through many warehouses of many sizes is accurate.

While you state that money is an issue, there has to be a cost-benefit balance.

You could have very complex, and very expensive, analytics provided that would do a good job of weeding out the lighting changes, line noises, rats, and so on, in order to determine when a human being really enters your facility. In fact, if you're willing to pay for it, you can have forklifts, humans, dogs, and anything else you can think of walking around a facility map based on an interface from camera --> nvr --> analytics --> mapping software.

With that said, the most cost effective way to accomplish what you want, is going to be to either retrofit or completely replace your existing alarm system, and also to put in video meeting the requirements you discussed.

Perhaps an added requirement would be "install an interface between the NVR/alarm system."

What others said about dual technology detectors is good. Just keep in mind that microwave, when overlapping, can cause interference between sensors. PIR you can generally overlap, but dual-tech most manufacturers recommend that you do not.

Also keep in mind that there are companies out there that can monitor your facility for you through specific video systems based on system analytics and also your "traditional" alarm devices. So, for example if you retrofit your alarm system, and one of the dual-tech sensors is triggered, they can look in through your video system and determine if it was a real human being or something that doesn't matter. The same goes for if a video analytic were triggered.. they look in, determine if the alarm is real, and if it's real, they respond appropriately. If you're willing to pay to have a PA system or speakers installed, you can even have some of the central stations that do this talk down through the speakers and say something like, "You, in the red shirt. This is security. Leave the premises immediately or you will be arrested." Some people prefer this method, others prefer to have the offender stay on site until possible apprehension. The first method is more successful at preventing the occurance from going further generally, the second is preferred by some because they like to "catch the bad guy," but also opens the danger of them getting away if the police or private security response is not quick enough.

If you outsource the response, it saves you the trouble and heart ache of dealing with false (or real) alarms at 3AM, or when you're on a date, or at the kids' sports game, or having an anniversary dinner, and so on. There are people who do this every day that probably make less money than you - it's worth outsourcing it to them rather than rearranging your life.

Excellent common sense approach!

I have a 5000 sq. ft. warehouse sitting on 10 acres of land. I have a simple security system that sets off an alarm everytime the wind blows. I want to go to a security system that imploys cameras. I am not sure if I should go to a stand alone DVR. Here are the requirements I am looking for:

Just thinking given the size of the size of the area, will a wireless camera system be more appropriate?

I am just curious, cos this looked like a pretty big area for someone like me who is living in one of the smallest country in the world - Singapore

If your concerned with power loss I would suggest putting your DVR and all camera power supplies on a UPS. Then configure UPS to email/page you when it senses loss in power.

you can look into Newbiiz that offers a trained individual to monitor the facility 24/7 days a week and instant phone/email/sms alerts, as well as getting in touch with the security/emergency departments for you.

Saves you plenty of time and money.