rory

Bosch Divar2 Remote Demo?

Anyone have an IP so I can test this DVR's remote software out ..?

Looking to buy one to test, and possibly resell if I like the network software.

Thanks

Rory

You'll have to download the client software from Bosch first. I would go ahead and buy a DIVAR anyway. The 2 isn't worth the extra $$ since the DVD function is for backing up large files using the front panel keys to do a search routine.

The plain DIVAR is a real value though. The remote software is very functional and can change almost every function you can do locally.

I have several DIVAR on-line for customers and wish I could let you take a look at one. They're only setup for administrative access however.

Bosch was going to put a DIVAR demo on-line a couple months ago.

Yeah, I downloaded and installed, but like the GE Kalatel, you need to set up a DVR to even see the software. Ill see how it goes, I may just order one for my next quote, cant go wrong either way.

Rory

you wont go wrong with the Divar rory, its about as good as the kalatel, it has some good stuff though, especially the networking options, that surpasses GE, mind you I would wait 1 month unitl the new firmware is released as it has web interface... this was missing before!! and oh yes, the latest hardware will have the Bilinx built into it.

this machine will be the best soon, trust me they are doing a lot of work on it.

YEah, thanks. Thats what I was thinking, wait a little then give it a try, like for a client, so Id get to play with one.

Rory

$2500+ CDN for a basic HD 4-channel Divar2 seems a bit expensive to me. I would get one though if I could get some sort of financing through a local dealer.

they re cheape than the Kalatel now, i just need to try one to see if it is as good, since they OEM it f rom Webgate which is the same as the Hunt, which is OK, but not that impressive. Hopefully bosche has better network soft, though the screen shot from the PDF looks the same as hunts, just different color ...?

In other words if it is the same as the Hunt, but just with the name Bosch, different colored network software, and more expensive, then the Hunt is the way to go,

But like i said, i could try it at a clients location, as it is the Name bosch. and then see what its like.

Rory

they re cheape than the Kalatel now, i just need to try one to see if it is as good, since they OEM it f rom Webgate which is the same as the Hunt, which is OK, but not that impressive. Hopefully bosche has better network soft, though the screen shot from the PDF looks the same as hunts, just different color ...?

In other words if it is the same as the Hunt, but just with the name Bosch, different colored network software, and more expensive, then the Hunt is the way to go,

But like i said, i could try it at a clients location, as it is the Name bosch. and then see what its like.

Rory

I asked Hunt tech support about Bosch using Hunt equipment. He hadn't heard anything about it. So he went to the Bosch website while I was still on the phone with him. Couldn't find a screen shot of the software, but he didn't think the Bosch stuff looked like Hunt hardware. (I forgot to ask about Webgate) But wouldn't say yes or no. SO... Bosch OEM's it from Webgate, which is the same as Hunt? Whose hardware is it, and who's software is it?

I wonder if the new firmware is all Bosch, or if Hunt will have the new firmware as well? I mentioned no web client to a Hunt sales guy. He never said anything like "it's coming soon".

ill clarify that in a half hour or so, taking a trip the store ..

But Hunt isnt using Bosch equipment, or vice versa, but WebGate, a manufacturer is the OEM for both of them, BUT, i dont know if that DVR you listed is being used by Bosch. Besides Bosch may have them totally customize it for them so it could be totally different. Software does resemble it alot.

Edited by Guest

Here is the Bosch Divar PDF:

http://www.boschsecurity.us/pdf/EN/Divar%2D2%20Control%20Center%20Operation%20Manual%20English%2Epdf

Here is the WebGate (same as the Hunt)

http://www.webgateinc.com/wgi_htdocs/eng/dcenter/download.php?id=wgi_eng&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&category=45&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=108&filenum=1

You will notice that they all are basically called "Control Center", the software design with lists of DVRs on the right, its all the same, see the disk map on the Playback also.

First here is the WebGates Partners List, doesnt mention Hunt, but its the same.

wgeg1.jpg

WegGate eDVR Manager:

wgeg2.jpg

Hunt DVRManager:

wgeg3.jpg

Bosch Divar Control Center:

wgeg4.jpg

Thanks for the detailed clarifications Rory. There is no denying the similarities between Webgate and Hunt is there?

That Bosch looks like a great unit. But it looks like at least a large part of the interface is done for/by Bosch. So I won't be holding my breath on a Hunt web interface.