Hi,

I looking for a good reliable cctv supplier! I want a company with good technical support ? Any Suggestions please?

Alan

Yes, they may have good points to make, and I would ask what are they comparing too?

I am sure the Corvette Club would laugh at the guy who enters a Mini Cooper in a sports rally.

I can see those who are in the commercial product arena poo pooing the AVTech, and then agian how many "common folks" are buying $2000.00 4 channel DVRs for their home?

If you cannot afford a Corvette, and a cooper can get the trophy for less money then how do you compare the "better car"?

I am sure the Corvette Club would laugh at the guy who enters a Mini Cooper in a sports rally.

I laugh at anyone entering (or leaving) a Mini Cooper .

I had a chat with a number of suppliers, they all try to sell you a rolls royce. MircoNet DVR from digital direct security looked interesting, it had all the advance features at "mini copper" prices. Has anyone used this DVR? Can you recommend any other?

If you are in UK, I would recommend Norbain Security. I am in Denmark and buy almost everything from Norbain. They also have their own Brand called Vista (google search: "vista cctv"). Vista doesn't actually manufacture anything, but they buy from other brands, put their logo on the product and sell it for real good prices.

The support is okay. You can always get someone on the phone, but they are not real pros. Meaning they don't know their products perfectly and it can take time until your problem is fixed. Warranty works well - I have send several cameras back already and got everything replaced.

If you are looking for a cheap and good DVR check out the Quantum Plus:

http://www.vista-cctv.com/products/cat:16_Channel_Quantum_Plus/catID:P4A115D450A93D/