paranoid

Geo webcam problems

did you install my program?

otherwise ..run the GeoFix program .. that also installs the activeX and codecs .. Still, if you are going to use the browser, then you need to set security to run activeX.

Rory

No Rory.

I finally got it working though.

What I did was got the Active-X components to finally install on my Laptop by setting the security settings correctly to allow them to install. I used the web browser by specifying 192.168.1.4:81 (webcam server is 80).

Since I already had copied the MultiView files into the Program Files directory the install bombed when it found MultiView was already running in memory.

I terminated MulitView. Deleted the V7020 directory and started over again with the browser.

This time I got the prompts for creating the directory structure and the install worked flawlessly.

I then verified that the files were installed correctly, they were.

Then I created a shortcut on the desktop pointing to the MultiView program.

Now I never have to use the browser again on my Laptop or two other computers I tried this on.

I setup two hosts in MultiView, one with port 80, the other with port 81.

Both of them connect to the DVR with no problems.

Glad I figured that out. I only want to have to deal with that browser once if I can help it.

I hate dealing with those security settings.

why all this when you have my program anyway ..?

multiview doesnt do checks for all the geo error messages like mine

anyway once you are happy thats all that matters ..

Jasper.

Yes that will work, but where you will have issues is once you login to a different location that has a previous version of the software, you will not be able to login that way again. So in essence, it is only a short lived single location idea.

Scottj

This is true, but for my purposes, which is to avoid having to go into the browser each time it works.

After doing a side by side comparison of Geo’s MultiView and the Remote Viewer program Rory wrote I am convinced Rory’s program is superior.

I tried several multi-cam sites last night and found that Rory’s program loaded the cameras quickly whereas Geo’s MultiView program took forever to load.

A couple of times I got tired of waiting for the MutliView program to load the camera views so I just disconnected. His program is much more responsive as well.

The Geo software looks amateurish and does not handle multiple cameras as well as Rory’s program. I was able to easily connect and load 16 camera views in a matter of seconds.

Also his program looks much more professional. I like the mini view it offers so you can easily keep an eye on things as you work on your computer.

Also you don’t have to deal with any of that browser business. It has a clean interface and has better controls.