paranoid

Geo webcam problems

Hi all,

My 4 cam day/night gv 8 system is working well and im quite pleased overall. However, I have a few issues with the webcam server :

1: I am using a secure 54 mbps wireless network and can view the cams on wireless laptops and desktops anywhere in range but sometimes the webcam link crashes my IE browser ? The wireless link between pc and router is still there but IE crashes with 'this page cannot be displayed' and my only option is to disconnect / disable / enable / connect the wireless link. It appears to happen when more than 1 wireless pc is using the geo webcam at the same time. Is this because the router cannot supply the feed to more than 1 wireless pc simultaneously ?

2: Is there a way of cancelling the webcam login so that I can click on a favourite like "http://192.168.1.2/multiview.htm" and have the cams appear immediately on screen with no login required ?

Any help would be great,

Mick

I had a wireless (dlink dcsw5300) that also locked up. turned out that the router, a netgear, was casuing the trafffic block. I went with a linksys and my problems went away. I also tested several routers and found the linksys to be the most stable, under my conditions/use.

IE remembers login/password on initial login and asks if you want to remember it. I'm not sure where it is turned on or off, edited? you can do a WEB search and get several threads on this topic and hopefully solve your problem.

Thanks for the reply

Unfortunately IE autocomplete password box will not show up when I use the webcam. Its definitely working because it just asked if I wanted to save my password for this forum.

Before I posted here I surfed Google for answers on my webcam password problem but couldn't find anything, which happens for most of my gv questions these days.

With regards to the wireless network, I originally had stacks of problems with my network but now its running perfectly. My wireless problem is gv specific as it doesn't happen with anything else at all. As a test I uploaded a massive mpeg to my webspace and set 3 machines to download simultaneously whilst all connected to the wireless network, nothing crashed so im assuming it must be a gv specific problem.

Im running dlink and it was a nightmare to configure but now its great, I can leave it connected 24/7 without a crash, thats at least until I start logging into my cameras.

Cheers

Mick

Im using v6.1 and all machines are running xp pro sp2.

Can I download a free upgrade to the latest version of Geovision ?

Cheers

Mick

I am trying to figure out what program actually causes the ActiveX component to be installed when you first use webcam for the first time.

I have an OEM install that may be missing the necessary program to accomplish the webcam IE browser feature.

The OEM has a custom written software based webcam browser, which is nice, but I still want the option to access the DVR from anywhere in the world via IE.

If I have the program name I can compare my OEM directory to my standard Geo install directory and locate the necessary file required.

The ActiveX loads, it is first a Check Program, that looks to see if a folder exists in the windows directory, depends on the version of the Site's server software, if it is 7.0, it will be a folder called v7000, if it is 7.0.2, will be v7020, then 7040, etc.

If the corresponding folder doesnt exist, it will download the Main Cab, create the folder, extract to that folder, then install and register the files in that folder.

If you delete the corresponding folder, it will reinstall the Files when you load the page again.

There is also a registry entry for the Audio and Video codec.

And there is also a file in the Windows directory called Stable_7000.xml which displays the text messages you will see, such as Connecting .. Invalid Version, Server close, etc. If you delete that file, the software will still work, you will just not see those messages anymore. If you are good with XML you can also edit that file.

What is the error you are getting?

Rory

Edited by Guest

The OEM install was graciously provided by Scott.

I no longer have the same directory structure under the windows directory as the standard Geo. So I don’t know where to look for the files I need?

I think the ActiveX component was deleted from the Windows directory so their is nothing to activate?

I am not sure how this mechanism works. I have tried putting the IP address of the DVR in the browser, but I just get page not found message.

That's why I was wondering how to reinstall this feature if necessary and use it in conjunction with the webcam software.

Dont you have c:\windows ..?

What's the OEM software, and what is the DVR's server version?

I don’t have those directories that are v7020 or 7040.

I deleted those before we installed the OEM version 7.04 after removing all remnants of version 7.02 on the hard drive.

That’s why I unsure what to do to get the browser webcam to work again?

Edited by Guest

OK, I have the files extracted. Do I put these file into the Multicam directory which looks like the equivalent of the GV1240 directory for the standard GEO install?

No, just click on GeoFix.exe, then click on the 2 buttons to install and register. It installs version 7.0 which also works with 7.0.4. If 7.0.4's directory in windows doesnt exist, when you visit the web page, it will redownload the 7.0.4 activeX and install.

BTW, MultiCam is not an activeX nor browser based, nothing to do with the Webcam.

That didn’t work for me. I looked in the Windows\occache directory and didn’t see anything there. I don’t know at what point file would be put there?

I will probably put back version 7.02 so I have a standard install again, then see if the custom browser will work with that version, in addition to having the Geo supplied browser webcam?

Did it say installed Correctly??? My program?

If so, all neccassary files were installed and registered, and are the only ones required to run any of the Geo WebCam versions.

Nothing will be in that directory, everything will be in the windows System Directory.

Rory

just send me your address in general. I know it works, because when we were looking at your system I was logged in to the MultiView through IE.

Scottj

No Rory, he is talking about being able to log in via IE through the standard Web Broweser which will download the OCX. It works, I did it from his machine the other day.

Scottj

Yeah but sounds like he is having codec or registry issues on his PC .. It wont download it again, if the folder is there and the registry is set. A file could be missing somewhere, what is the Error Jasper, when you visit the web page?? It doesnt use any such directory called "occache".

Anyway, run this one, I updated it to delete any existing V7020 or v7040 files and folders, check the "fresh" box to do that. Then when you visit the page it will download and install again. Also make sure your browser activeX settings are set to prompt where it would be disabled.

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/geo/GeoFix.zip

Nope. You sure you don't want to log on?

If I am doing something wrong, I am too tired to notice it.

I don't have a clue what is going on.

quick question, did the program i posted give an error or say successful on both buttons clicked, and did you check the check box that says "fresh" before clicking those buttons?

Rory

Well Rory figured it out.

That doggone router needed to be port forwarded to 81.

Don’t know what I did to make port 80 quit working, but I will definitely look into it.

Thank you very much Rory.