Wanted to acknowledge an issue with the Avermedia EH series Hybrid and 11.11 firmware. I could not get the 7411 to be found by the NVR with 11.11 but if I downgraded to the .10 version of software it worked just fine.

I haven't figured out how to get the motion detection working with the ACM-7411 camera. I played with it for a little while today but had no luck.

Has anyone found the bright red LED's a problem? They seem aweful bright and I am assuming that the clear dome may give away the camera during the night. I haven't really tested it in an outdoor environment yet but did notice how bright they are.

Hello! May I know more about the problems you mentioned? I have a ACM-7411 here and I upgraded from 3.10.22 to 3.11.11 and in both cases the camera could found by both IP-Utility and the NVR ActiveSetup.

Could the reason of not finding the camera is that you tried to access the camera by NVR immediately after firmware upgrade? Sometimes it may take up to 30 seconds to restart completely after upgrade and during that time the NVR will not be able to retrieve camera information from that device.

Can you please tell us about the LED problem you mentioned? I would like to learn about this matter and see where the problem is an if any enhancement is needed. Thanks a lot!!

Yes the Avermedia EH 5216+ will fail to find the ACM-7411 camera if it has FW 3.11.11 on it. I have 15 of the 7411 cameras and the first three I tried failed when trying to locate the camera from the EH 5216. I switched all cameras to 3.10.22 and they were found immediately. It is not the 30 seconds where the problem is. Like I stated I have 15 and all work fine with 3.10 but the first three I tried with 3.11 do not work.

No problem with LED's. I was just wondering if they can be switched off or if others find them to be very bright at night. I find the LED's very bright and depending on how the cover is mounted the LED's will cause the camera to glow at night when looking up at it on the side of a building.

I checked with our ISV integration engineer about this issue. You are right, there is a compatibility issue with 3.11.11, which affects Avermedia, Nuuo, Qnap, Exacq, and perhaps some other ISVs. There was a quick follow-up firmware version released, 3.11.13 which addressed this issue. Please try the latest 3.11.13 version.

Wanted to acknowledge an issue with the Avermedia EH series Hybrid and 11.11 firmware. I could not get the 7411 to be found by the NVR with 11.11 but if I downgraded to the .10 version of software it worked just fine.

I haven't figured out how to get the motion detection working with the ACM-7411 camera. I played with it for a little while today but had no luck.

Has anyone found the bright red LED's a problem? They seem aweful bright and I am assuming that the clear dome may give away the camera during the night. I haven't really tested it in an outdoor environment yet but did notice how bright they are.

Hello! May I know more about the problems you mentioned? I have a ACM-7411 here and I upgraded from 3.10.22 to 3.11.11 and in both cases the camera could found by both IP-Utility and the NVR ActiveSetup.

Could the reason of not finding the camera is that you tried to access the camera by NVR immediately after firmware upgrade? Sometimes it may take up to 30 seconds to restart completely after upgrade and during that time the NVR will not be able to retrieve camera information from that device.

Can you please tell us about the LED problem you mentioned? I would like to learn about this matter and see where the problem is an if any enhancement is needed. Thanks a lot!!

Yes the Avermedia EH 5216+ will fail to find the ACM-7411 camera if it has FW 3.11.11 on it. I have 15 of the 7411 cameras and the first three I tried failed when trying to locate the camera from the EH 5216. I switched all cameras to 3.10.22 and they were found immediately. It is not the 30 seconds where the problem is. Like I stated I have 15 and all work fine with 3.10 but the first three I tried with 3.11 do not work.

No problem with LED's. I was just wondering if they can be switched off or if others find them to be very bright at night. I find the LED's very bright and depending on how the cover is mounted the LED's will cause the camera to glow at night when looking up at it on the side of a building.

I checked with our ISV integration engineer about this issue. You are right, there is a compatibility issue with 3.11.11, which affects Avermedia, Nuuo, Qnap, Exacq, and perhaps some other ISVs. There was a quick follow-up firmware version released, 3.11.13 which addressed this issue. Please try the latest 3.11.13 version.

Thanks for the update. I will download this right away as I'll be at my customers tomorrow. I'll test it then.

I will try the new firmware as well. Luxriot likewise had a problem with that buggy firmware version we're discussing, so I rolled it back to the previous firmware.

NOPE! 3.11.13 is still not working with the 5216+ Hybrid Embedded DVR.

I set defaults, verified IP's and still no go. I downgraded back to 3.10 and all is fine again.

NOPE! 3.11.13 is still not working with the 5216+ Hybrid Embedded DVR.

I set defaults, verified IP's and still no go. I downgraded back to 3.10 and all is fine again.

Oh, thank you for reporting this. We will immediately contact Avermedia to confirm the cause of this failure. As soon as we have an update on this, I will let you know.

The newest firmware is still not functioning with Luxriot. I just did a rebuild of my DVR, am using the latest version of the software, and attempted to upgrade to the V3.11.13-AC firmware.

Kept freezing up, losing picture, then it would come back. Happened over and over.

Backed it up to the V3.10.22-AC and it works a treat.

The newest Acti firmware for the 7411 megapixel dome is still not ready for prime-time.

This is what happens to the 7411 and 1231 with the new firmware and Exacq Vision. I have to default the camera to get the image back to normal.

116645_1.jpg

Even with the working firmware, my 7411 has this odd thing it does... it periodically shifts the color balance... from a Smurf-like blue-heavy tint, to a redder hue... to more natural colors... and back again. You can bring it up on the remote client and watch the colors change before your very eyes.

Great camera, great resolution... but quirky.

I have one that did that, ah does that....sent it to acti.they sent it back with the video settings adjusted to compensate. I even set them a comparrison of another acti.....took snapshots of the good pic with the same video settings as compared to the bad one.......it showed the the video settings in the same positions but the obvious red hue on the bad one was OBVIOUS.......they never fixed it, just readjusted the video settings and sent it back to me. I'm not happy with the result from the warranty repair and will be sending it back.

maybe I need to default it to get it back to normal? I'll try that and get back toy ou.

I have one that did that, ah does that....sent it to acti.they sent it back with the video settings adjusted to compensate. I even set them a comparrison of another acti.....took snapshots of the good pic with the same video settings as compared to the bad one.......it showed the the video settings in the same positions but the obvious red hue on the bad one was OBVIOUS.......they never fixed it, just readjusted the video settings and sent it back to me. I'm not happy with the result from the warranty repair and will be sending it back.

maybe I need to default it to get it back to normal? I'll try that and get back toy ou.

My 1231 doesn't do it... just the 7411. Aren't they supposed to be the same camera in a different form factor?

Maybe I'll try using the 1231's firmware in the 7411.

My 1231 doesn't do it... just the 7411. Aren't they supposed to be the same camera in a different form factor?

Same firmware

Same firmware

I looked, and you're correct.

So absent some difference in the programming, it's the camera itself that's doing this?

How is that not a defect?

Good morning, everyone!

I have seen that there are some more notices on latest firmware in this topic. I am very thankful for your feedback, and we will study every case very carefully and contact all the involved ISVs.

However, some things confuse me a bit. Such as, the posting where the red images were related to Exacq software. Is it really an integration problem? Or camera problem? Or misconfiguration?

The best way to get answers to these is if you contact your software vendor (if you have a strong reason to believe it is the recorder problem) and for other camera related problems, please contact ACTi Customer Helpdesk. We are very eager to assist you through Customer Helpdesk no matter what the issue is.

For example, the "red image" issue - if you get the same result by using Web Configurator through IE, then there is nothing wrong with integration to Exacq. The reason then must be a hardware or wrong settings.

For the Avermedia case, we have already confirmed that there is still an issue with integration regarding latest firmware, and Avermedia has been notified about it and they are dealing with it now. So, thanks to your posting in this forum, we were able to study this issue deeply.

Unfortunately, both ISV and our Helpdesk do not get such reports from customers directly. Customers prefer to discuss it only in forum and do not to let us know. Therefore it is difficult to have quick response and make improvements in short time. Some issues I have picked up right in this forum and forwarded to corresponding engineers for study.

About firmware vs models: all ACM models use the same firmware file.

Good morning, everyone!

I have seen that there are some more notices on latest firmware in this topic. I am very thankful for your feedback, and we will study every case very carefully and contact all the involved ISVs.

However, some things confuse me a bit. Such as, the posting where the red images were related to Exacq software. Is it really an integration problem? Or camera problem? Or misconfiguration?

The best way to get answers to these is if you contact your software vendor (if you have a strong reason to believe it is the recorder problem) and for other camera related problems, please contact ACTi Customer Helpdesk. We are very eager to assist you through Customer Helpdesk no matter what the issue is.

For example, the "red image" issue - if you get the same result by using Web Configurator through IE, then there is nothing wrong with integration to Exacq. The reason then must be a hardware or wrong settings.

For the Avermedia case, we have already confirmed that there is still an issue with integration regarding latest firmware, and Avermedia has been notified about it and they are dealing with it now. So, thanks to your posting in this forum, we were able to study this issue deeply.

Unfortunately, both ISV and our Helpdesk do not get such reports from customers directly. Customers prefer to discuss it only in forum and do not to let us know. Therefore it is difficult to have quick response and make improvements in short time. Some issues I have picked up right in this forum and forwarded to corresponding engineers for study.

Fair enough. Give me a few days (Christmas and all...) and I'll try to post some images of the color-shift I'm talking about. You'll be able to see the difference with no prompting.

Thanks a lot! It would be great if you could also post them to our online Customer Helpdesk - lots of bright and helpful people are standing by there to assist you with the solution as well as learn from your feedback.

Good morning, everyone!

Fair enough. Give me a few days (Christmas and all...) and I'll try to post some images of the color-shift I'm talking about. You'll be able to see the difference with no prompting.

I'm currently on vacation and logged into one of my Avermedia installs. I wish I could save about 5 - 10 seconds of video to post but my IE 8 keeps crashng when try to save video. I have an indoor Acti 3511 and I am currently observing it go from blue to red tint and flipping back and fourth. Can't see to make up it's mind if it should be using the indoor color setting or the outdoor settings. It is not pointed toward a window and the lighting is fairly consistant in the room but it still can't settle on a setting. Very frustrating because all my Acti cameras do the same thing, the 7411's, the 4200 and this 3511 camera.

Summary I have he same issues with color shifting.

do you happen to have the auot britness and noise reduction on?

does it do it from the camera http link direct also or is it via aver?

I've got several hundred of these cams out there and only seen 1 with a problem like this. and, I've seen the aver software make camera's go crazy when you use the auto noise and auot light features turned on.

If you did have those settings "on" then you'll need to turn off and then double check you video settings to make sure that the britness, contrast, ect. are all back to a default setting.....aver software will change them and when you turn off the settings they will remain as set by the software.....most times a bad setting.

Good morning, everyone!

I'm currently on vacation and logged into one of my Avermedia installs. I wish I could save about 5 - 10 seconds of video to post but my IE 8 keeps crashng when try to save video. I have an indoor Acti 3511 and I am currently observing it go from blue to red tint and flipping back and fourth. Can't see to make up it's mind if it should be using the indoor color setting or the outdoor settings. It is not pointed toward a window and the lighting is fairly consistant in the room but it still can't settle on a setting. Very frustrating because all my Acti cameras do the same thing, the 7411's, the 4200 and this 3511 camera.

Summary I have he same issues with color shifting.

I've seen the same color shifting on a few of my installs, but only under artificial light (fluorescent, metal halide, etc.) which makes me wonder if the camera is actually seeing, and reacting, to the slight color shift that occurs in those type of lights through each cycle of AC power, as that does actually turn the lamp on and off at 60Hz, and the color shifts through each cycle as it does.

When I get a chance, I'm going to log into one of those installs, and try changing the shutter speed, and see if that changes it.

Merry Christmas, gentlemen!

And here are the pictures I promised... grabbed right off my DVR this cold Christmas morning:

This one is a bit washed-out:

116845_1.jpg

Here's the "blue shift" I was talking about:

116845_2.jpg

Here is a more normal-appearing picture:

116845_3.jpg

Watch the camera for about 10 seconds, and all of these color iterations can be witnessed, as it shifts from one to the other.

my 3401 does this its the auto white balance from memory- change it to fixed

I think there was a firmware fix -maybe....

It caused me grief setting off motion detection

Does not matter I dont use Acti ANY MORE! BAD SERVICE! UN-responsive!

I think they have been taken over by aliens ?

oh did I say that out loud !

my 3401 does this its the auto white balance from memory- change it to fixed

I think there was a firmware fix -maybe....

It caused me grief setting off motion detection

Does not matter I dont use Acti ANY MORE! BAD SERVICE! UN-responsive!

I think they have been taken over by aliens ?

oh did I say that out loud !

I'll try that.