chrisdel

purple channel!!!

Chris from Toronto here. Thanks in advance for the privilege of using this forum!

Hey guys I have a 4 camera system with dedicated bosch DVR.

A couple of days ago one camera was creating a purple video image (so I thought!) So I replaced it tonight! New camera, same purple image.

This camera was plugged into channel 3 of my dvr so I unplugged camera 2 and 3 and switched them.... The purple image is coming from the DVR. All camera settings are the same in the set-up menu. Is this channel pouched?

Chris from Toronto here. Thanks in advance for the privilege of using this forum!

A couple of days ago one camera was creating a purple video image (so I thought!) So I replaced it tonight! New camera, same purple image.

This camera was plugged into channel 3 of my dvr so I unplugged camera 2 and 3 and switched them.... The purple image is coming from the DVR. All camera settings are the same in the set-up menu. Is this channel pouched?

The only thing I can suggest is a hardware reset back to factory settings.

The only thing I can suggest is a hardware reset back to factory settings.

Thanks Scruit. I just reset the to factory settings and negative.

Chris

If possible, try to add a filter on the CCD and see how it goes...

What is ccd?

I have been using this Dvr for 4 years. Just now that one channel went purple. Must be a hardware fault. Not sure if its fixable or if my 4 channel dvr is now a 3 channel?

What is ccd?

I have been using this Dvr for 4 years. Just now that one channel went purple. Must be a hardware fault. Not sure if its fixable or if my 4 channel dvr is now a 3 channel?

check your camera settings in the menu sounds like it has been disabled or hidden. take a back-up and play it back see if it is there.

So you switched the connections at the DVR and sent came 2 into ports 3 and vice-versa, and the same DVR channel (now a different camera) is still purple? If so, and the factory reset didn't do it then I'd agree with your initial assessment that the channel is bad.