jjjjjjj

Can someone recommend a compression crimper?

I have a Coax master tool and stripper, and couple bags of connectors I will sell for cheap if you are foolish enough to try.

I'm a fool. How much?

I don't mean to offend but they SUCK!

No offense taken, but to take a product which you think is like something else and say that sucks is kind of strange... I have used the digicon fittings and they are very good. We have not had any problems of the semiconductor not going in the tip and the digicon fittings we have are rated up to quadshield, so no issues on some of the jackets being thicker or thinner. Maybe these liberty cable fittings are a knockoff of the digicon ones, or maybe their center conductor is not stiff enough. There is a lot of different cable styles out there, some have really soft center conductors, other higher quality ones have fairly stiff ones... The cable companies here use nothing but digicon fittings and commscope branded cable. I am not sure what brand of wire we are currently using, we buy siamese wire from our local Graybar store and it's center conductor wire is very stiff and have had no issues with it at all with the digicon fittings. I can't vouch for liberty cable products, but I can for the digicon ones as I have used them personally and don't see anywhere near the issues we had from our hex crimp fittings.

Adelphia uses Digicon around here. And Ed Nielsen is a very knowledgeable coax guy that hangs out on a lot of these messageboards/newsgroups. He's a Digicon dealer.

I've been using SnS for years. But my SnS tool won't do BNC. I'm using a CrimpMaster right now for BNC but I will be trying Digicon soon.

. We have not had any problems of the semiconductor not going in the tip and the digicon fittings we have are rated up to quadshield, so no issues on some of the jackets being thicker or thinner. Maybe these liberty cable fittings are a knockoff of the digicon ones, or maybe their center conductor is not stiff enough. There is a lot of different cable styles out there, some have really soft center conductors, other higher quality ones have fairly stiff ones... The cable companies here use nothing but digicon fittings and commscope branded cable. I am not sure what brand of wire we are currently using, we buy siamese wire from our local Graybar store and it's center conductor wire is very stiff and have had no issues with it at all with the digicon fittings. I can't vouch for liberty cable products, but I can for the digicon ones as I have used them personally and don't see anywhere near the issues we had from our hex crimp fittings.

We've come to hate them because we were having a failure rate with the Liberty connectors as high as 50%. Not only were we wasting our time, but alot of connectors went into the garbage. Or you get to play the guessing game as to which end of the cable has the bad connector, so you trash both of them. Of course its always fun going back up a high ladder, or repostioning the scissorlift to get to the camera housing.

A big problem with these compression type connectors is that the COAX master tool doesn't really grip the cable while the connector is getting compressed, so the cable wants to back out of the tool. Also, sometimes the brass pin would not gain adequate protrusion after compression.

Nah, for my money I want to crimp the center conductor, insert it into the BNC, and hex crimp the ferrule. It gaurantee's a perfect & permanent connection

Not new. Actually old and a pain in the neck if you don't know what you are doing. We use 3 piece just for jumpers in the head end.