G22

Panasonic WJ-SX150 Matrix with GEO setup

I am thinking of adding something like this to our GV800 setup at work. I want to have at least 2 monitors (this does up to 4) for remote viewing in the office. This is mainly for the staff members who buzz ppl in, and myself who is responsible for security... since we will be adding more cams in and out. We currently use AIPHONE's (built-in cam, doorbell, door striker release) but I want better image quality. I will be adding a dome cam of some sort eventually as well to face the lobby door.

I do not want to go with the Real Time Display GEO card however. I want to bypass the PC for live viewing.

http://www.panasonic.ca/english/Broadcast/security/matrix/matrix/wjsx150.asp

Would something like this Matrix unit work? I see there are Video Outputs... I assume those would just connect into the BNC inputs of the GEO card?

Thx.

Actually looks like it would it would need an add-on card for MUX capabilities. Oh well.

... or what bout this Data Multiplex unit below?

http://www.panasonic.ca/english/Broadcast/security/matrix/multiplexers/wjmp204c.asp

Well, it should work, I personally don't like panasonic because they are overpriced, other than that can't say nothing bad about them.

I like Rory's idea, or you could use the GV-Loop board (very inexpensive) in conjunction with a quad that supports dual monitors (or multiplex depending on how many viewable channels you require on each monitor.)

If you just use a "T" connector with the system, you will ahve degraded video quality unless you amplify it. But you probably already knew this.

scottj