Sign in to follow this  
G22

Strange object

Ok, what you think this lighted balloon shaped object be with the sparkly silver tail? Just a reflection from car headlights? Seems strange since there has never been a reflection at all from the street.

http://216.185.66.21/images/cctv/mystery.wmv

Any more mysterious objects recorded... please post em!

It goes through lume from a light source, making it look like a bulb. I have an excellent graphics card and you can clearly see a ballon with a string travling through light.

Looks like a balloon to me, eh. I'll down a few Molson's and see if it turns into a UFO, eh.

eh, could be, eh ...a few more pints eh ...

u all be wrong eh.

I could say a thing or 2 bout Americans as well... eh

It's a balloon with a string attached. It is illuminated by the headlights of a car that's showing up a few seconds later.

u all be wrong eh.

I could say a thing or 2 bout Americans as well... eh

eh, you could yah know, eh ... no sweat off my back, eh .. LOL

This thread is so funny.

When we first installed B&W infrared cameras at one of my clients locations, I got a call from the lady that ran the place one day.

She sounded like she had just seen a ghost. I asked her what was going on. She said.. "Joe, can you please come over here... now?". She swore to me over the phone that she was watching a ghost on her monitor (analog system).

Thankfully this place was only a mile away. I jumped in the car!

I walked in, and she was pale man. I thought she was going to faint. She was scared to death to walk upstairs and frantically warned me to not go.

The ghost would WALK UP the steps, go down the hallway, walk back, and go back down the steps. It was crazy. I wish I still had the tape, but it was a long time ago.

So I went up there. Found nothing. Then I looked closer at the camera.

There was a dangling spiderweb. It was gently, very slowly, waving back and forth.

What happened was that it was also moving closer to the camera. So that's how it was walking up and down the hallway (visual effect). But the greatest thing was how it looked like it was walking up and down the stairs. For some reason (probably low res being to blame), it just blended into the wall. So because the stairs were darker, it showed up there, but on top it would disappear.

WOW!

In retrospect I should have done something like run away from the camera screaming, or fall down dead or something.

She wouldn't have been pleased, and probably would have called 911

I had similar experience with dusts, though not spider web, when viewed under IR bullets at nighttime. They looked like whitish translucent baloons flying away from the camera in the air.

Quite scary when I saw them for the first time because the smooth and round baloon-like outlines reminded me of Friendly Ghost (a cartoon series I used to watch as a kid 35 years ago).

By the way no scientific proof, but my feeling is only dusts within certain distance from camera gave me that visual effect. Perahps those within MOD (min obj dist) which were not in proper focus. You know sometimes happens to CS lens when they are way off focus, minute impurities on lens show up as large circles (i.e. "baloon") etc.

The problems I have with the not-a-balloon argument are:

* The flight behavior is exactly like a friggin’ balloon.

* You can see the attached string (clearly) on the friggin’ balloon.

* You can see the light from the light source on the left-hand side of the image reflecting through the stair railing and off the friggin’ balloon as it floats upward.

It’s a friggin’ balloon!

(By the way, what’s the hoser running by hiding under his coat? )

Edited by Guest