Dont know if you noticed, but the majority of those are the same exact cards ... at least the 4 channel green boards.

Talking about cheap and unrelaiable cards on eBay..............

Has anyone noticed all the GEO cards?

GEO ownz y'all

nahh GEO owns yah .. yall GEO supporters paying for der lavish 2 storey shack in the middle of hunk kongs, chung pow kang distric ...

there is a crap load of geo cards on here. Look especially for the gv800 16ch for only 25.00 right now. Not a bad price for geo

You have to be careful, some are selling so-called "Geo Chipset". Call Geo up and "we are sorry sir". Not a bad thing, just make sure you don't pay Geo price.

After reading this thread, does anyone know of any legit DVR card sellers on ebay? From what I can tell is that almost all the cards on ebay seem somehow cheezy and way lower in price than what I have seen through most real dealers/distributors. I have seen some boards with high prices, but I just don't know if that is someone trying to pass off a fake with a high price to avoid being questioned about authenticity. It's the number one rule of passing off a good lie is to believe it yourself first. So I was just wondering if anyone maybe has any dealings with reputable sellers on ebay that are in fact real dealers that maybe make lower profits on a per card basis, but make it up by doing volume? I have my suspicions when prices are too good to be true, because in the case of DVR cards, they usually are.

-Marcus

My question would be: Why are you so intent on buying from eBay? What we finally did is contacted the manafacturers and they gave us the names of legit dealers. Turned out the GeoVision dealer that was given to us by GeoVision was one of the best deals around. In fact, several internet dealers that I believe are actually legit said they couldn't touch the price quoted to us by the dealer whose name was given to us by GeoVision.

My point in this lengthy rambling is ditch ebay and just go find legit dealer...you will be better off in the long run.

After reading this thread, does anyone know of any legit DVR card sellers on ebay? From what I can tell is that almost all the cards on ebay seem somehow cheezy and way lower in price than what I have seen through most real dealers/distributors. I have seen some boards with high prices, but I just don't know if that is someone trying to pass off a fake with a high price to avoid being questioned about authenticity. It's the number one rule of passing off a good lie is to believe it yourself first. So I was just wondering if anyone maybe has any dealings with reputable sellers on ebay that are in fact real dealers that maybe make lower profits on a per card basis, but make it up by doing volume? I have my suspicions when prices are too good to be true, because in the case of DVR cards, they usually are.

-Marcus

What type of dvr are you looking for? camera, fps, features, cost?

huh?..who me?...

I'm just looking for the best soloution to monitor a 2 (outdoor) cam system with motion activation. I would like to know who is coming and going while I'm away a work, without having to view hrs of motionless tape.

I did Purchase one of the green cards for $35.00 US (ship included), but it will be 2 weeks before I'll have time to set it up.

If there is a better soloution, I'm definitely listening...

That $35.00 card is probably a pico 2000 you got it from hong kong? What do you think your budget will be?

That $35.00 card is probably a pico 2000 you got it from hong kong? What do you think your budget will be?

$5 per camera would balance it out..

well geez, i dunno, do I need cameras too???

No, really i have a Panasonic WB-CP230 and a Yoko YK415HB, both with Computar 10x5~50mm lenses. The DVR card just seemed to be the cheapest way to go about it.

My other option would be to purchase a multi channel colour monitor and some sort of motion activated device and a VCR (I think)...and as I mentioned earlier, If there is a better soloution, I'm definitely listening...

Go easy on me guys cause I'm as green at this as that Picco 2000 I just bought.

I have one of the other techs in the office who swears on the 10 dollar cards pico 2000. Gotta go with what you like. Personally, I like standalone DVR's with the software on chip (in DVR).

Well, all I know is this:

Whatever you are protecting with the cameras, what's it worth to you?

I mean if you think a $35 card is enough protection for it, then go right ahead and good luck....otherwise there are better choices out there, like the I-VIEW, GEO, and others.

well geez, i dunno, do I need cameras too???

No, really i have a Panasonic WB-CP230 and a Yoko YK415HB, both with Computar 10x5~50mm lenses. The DVR card just seemed to be the cheapest way to go about it.

My other option would be to purchase a multi channel colour monitor and some sort of motion activated device and a VCR (I think)...and as I mentioned earlier, If there is a better soloution, I'm definitely listening...

Go easy on me guys cause I'm as green at this as that Picco 2000 I just bought.

What of course you need cameras. Let me tell you that pico is a crap, but if that what you want to invest in so be it. I have had to change so many pico 2000 system out that were selling down here in GA for about 1500 for a whole system. Just be careful and watch what you buy. But remeber if you want to invest a little more $$$ than go with geovision or i-view in my opinon.