Guest ilk

CCTV Design Advice from the FBI

I came across this today and thought it might be of interest

Stick with it , it is a bit slow to start, but gets better later.

Regards

Ilkie

http://www.fbi.gov/multimedia/cctv031610/cctv031710.htm

Hi Ilk. how are you ??.

what a good way to explain to your customer how important a good install should be. been trying something like that for years but they still buy crap.

thank you great find

Good film. I was lost a little on the native file. Avi is compressed right. The native, how do you retrieve it and is it actually better?

Thanks

They are talking about compressed and uncompressed images. Give the police the least compressed image.

Surely there should not be a choice of what is given to the Police.

It should be the original version of the recording (certainly this is the case in the UK).

Ilkie

They are talking about compressed and uncompressed images. Give the police the least compressed image.

Uncompressed ?

Where ?

show me DVR which store uncompressed video ?

Uncompressed ?

Where ?

That is my point

Uncompressed ?

Where ?

That is my point

Sorry Mike

was just trying to call you

Uncompressed ?

Where ?

Hi Alex, how have you been?

Nothing annoys me more than the current trend in megapixel cameras of "my NVMS, cameras, codec etc use less bandwidth, less storage than X brand". Most people dont understand that this lower bandwidth, storage comes at a cost of image quality, ability to digitally zoom into an image and still have detail etc..because the original detail captured by the camera sensor has already been compressed and lost before it even gets recorded. Example, camera "A" dual streams to the Workstation at low compression and high image rate for live viewing, but is recorded on a different stream that has a lower image rate, different "lossy compression" used to save on storage. Really whats the point, other than keeping system infrastructure costs down and people bragging "hey my 5 megapxiel cameras only send 1Mbits, and I can record a million days on 250gig".

H.264, MPEG-4 are lossy compression codecs, probably the best and smartest lossless compression codec I have worked with is JPEG2000, wow strange that the only IP Megapixel Cameras and system that works with JPEG2000 has the best reputation of image quality, but everyone uses it as a reference to how their systems use less bandwidth and storage.

I tell you, since going IP the sales and marketing machines of some CCTV companies have got it all ass about!.

Anyway, thats my whinge for the day. Bourbon time.

The .DVR file that is put out by either the CPCam or Aver DVRs uses a special player. Is the court going to install the special player on their computer to play the video in court? Or will the police/prosecutor transfer the video to DVD or whatever so they can play it in court?

The .DVR file that is put out by either the CPCam or Aver DVRs uses a special player. Is the court going to install the special player on their computer to play the video in court? Or will the police/prosecutor transfer the video to DVD or whatever so they can play it in court?

My case was lot simpler

They (local police forensic video analysis unit) sit in the shop with me for 3 days watching video files

and then confiscate whole computer from customer (murder case)

to do court approved copy

I was trying to ask ???

but conversation was one way

My case was lot simpler

They (local police forensic video analysis unit) sit in the shop with me for 3 days watching video files

and then confiscate whole computer from customer (murder case)

to do court approved copy

I was trying to ask ???

but conversation was one way

Most police departments have know idea how to covert video files or find the right codec to play the video. They just what it to work!!!! Just another reason I love Exacq.