Cant even read that small black cars number plate

its not on the number plate. but zooming in from the camera it has no problem day or night. robert have you used ip cameras. dont forget the res on ip 1000 times better than analog . were are you based ???

London/Latvia

london uk ????

Attend a class for $600 and get a Q24 and you will see the light.

After taking Mobotix training course, do I become Certified Partner? Or to become Certified Partner there is some kind of special course for it ?

There is 2 classes basic and advanced.... I took the Basic and I would like to attend the advanced

I sent an email to Mobotix days ago, still no reply. What a rubbish customer support/service... Another Arecont Vision

We are putting it out there If anyone cant get in touch with mobotix give us a shout and we can see if we can help. We are by no means be all experts but can try and give free email or chat support.

A side note, Mobotix is having some serious customer service issues worldwide right now. Its a great product but distribution and channel sales departments dont seems to care about a customer unless they are doing large installation projects not realizing 80 customers buying 2-4 cameras beats one 100 camera deal. This may look good on marketing materials but you cant have a sustainable business model with that attitude.

We are also getting a lot of complaints about us online retailers and selling below the prices they have fixed per country. If you havent noticed, buying even at msrp is over a $100us cheaper in the USA then anywhere else in the world. The complaint we have heard is that we sell worldwide and offer lower then msrp prices.

I am sure a lot of dealers here may have opinions on this and would love to sell at msrp but in order to compete with the over 20 online shops that are box pushers, ebay, and even amazon.com now, we need to be competitive. In terms of selling worldwide, I have clients in Australia that buy from us and pay $$$ in shipping fees just because we have stock on hand , answer our phones and email, and give support. This is the same in the states where we have had several customers whose local integrators installed the cameras, didn't set them up correctly, and won't/can't support them.

We love the products and recommend people buying them, but if Mobotix keeps growing and wanting to compete against arecont and axis, they really need to work on their support and channel sales.

london uk ????

Are there any other Londons rather than UK ? Yes in UK. But I`m away now, will be back 10-15th of April.

Attend a class for $600 and get a Q24 and you will see the light.

After taking Mobotix training course, do I become Certified Partner? Or to become Certified Partner there is some kind of special course for it ?

There is 2 classes basic and advanced.... I took the Basic and I would like to attend the advanced

So, after atteding Advanced course I become Mobotix certified partner?

I sent an email to Mobotix days ago, still no reply. What a rubbish customer support/service... Another Arecont Vision

We are putting it out there If anyone cant get in touch with mobotix give us a shout and we can see if we can help. We are by no means be all experts but can try and give free email or chat support.

A side note, Mobotix is having some serious customer service issues worldwide right now. Its a great product but distribution and channel sales departments dont seems to care about a customer unless they are doing large installation projects not realizing 80 customers buying 2-4 cameras beats one 100 camera deal. This may look good on marketing materials but you cant have a sustainable business model with that attitude.

We are also getting a lot of complaints about us online retailers and selling below the prices they have fixed per country. If you havent noticed, buying even at msrp is over a $100us cheaper in the USA then anywhere else in the world. The complaint we have heard is that we sell worldwide and offer lower then msrp prices.

I am sure a lot of dealers here may have opinions on this and would love to sell at msrp but in order to compete with the over 20 online shops that are box pushers, ebay, and even amazon.com now, we need to be competitive. In terms of selling worldwide, I have clients in Australia that buy from us and pay $$$ in shipping fees just because we have stock on hand , answer our phones and email, and give support. This is the same in the states where we have had several customers whose local integrators installed the cameras, didn't set them up correctly, and won't/can't support them.

We love the products and recommend people buying them, but if Mobotix keeps growing and wanting to compete against arecont and axis, they really need to work on their support and channel sales.

I could not agree more " title="Applause" />

Basic

So, one course for 600$ and you become Mobotix certified partner?

What advantages do you get after becoming certified?

I could not agree more " title="Applause" />

..... But I will the guys from Germany know this stuff like the back of there hand. Mobotix can do more then any other system in the market. Mobotix is more then a camera system it is a total security solution if you integrate everything. Jens W was the trainer at the class I attended and I have never met some one with more product knowledge and experience. Edited by Guest

You learn the basics about the camera, and can say you are certified. We havent done it since already have knowledge of the products, years of telecom/video experience, and the closest training is 500 miles away and the airfare, hotel, and training doesnt make it a must have for our business.

Basic

Basic

You know the product, you learn how to install it and you learn how Mobotix can do things that know other system can do.

Basic

contact number for mobotix london. +44 (0)20 7220 4455

The lower-resolution "night" sensor also aids in low-light performance - as has been discussed here many times, the more pixels you put on a given chip size, the smaller those pixels get, and the lower their light-collecting ability. A 1.3MP sensor will give you better low-light capability than an otherwise-equivalent 3MP sensor.

Oh, my bad English skills I will try to explain once more what I meant. Lets say you calculated that you need 3mpix camera to see number plates of cars entering gates. When it switches to 1.3mpix at nigth, you wont have enough resolution to see number plates. Whats the point of that 1.3mpix if its no good? There should be two sensors, both 3mpix.

1.3 is better than 3mp at night. and recording at 1.3 still has a very good res than any analog camera. meaning you can zoom in from footage. have a look at this live camera 3mp day 1.3 at night. this is a mobotix M12

http://www.mobotix.ro/ro/index.php?id=10055&lang=en&camid=1521

Robert, you are 100% correct. It all comes down to pixels on target. Just because a sensor has larger pixels giving a greater "well capacity" for low light performance does not mean that a 1.3MP sensor has the same pxiels on target for the same scene as a 3MP sensor.

Robert, you are 100% correct. It all comes down to pixels on target. Just because a sensor has larger pixels giving a greater "well capacity" for low light performance does not mean that a 1.3MP sensor has the same pxiels on target for the same scene as a 3MP sensor.

It does not all come down to pixels on target. There are other factors that must be considered, such as low light performance. 3 mp is worthless if it's too dark to see an image on the monitor. Good CCTV system design requires an understanding of issues beyond simple pixel count.

Best,

Christopher

It does not all come down to pixels on target. There are other factors that must be considered, such as low light performance. 3 mp is worthless if it's too dark to see an image on the monitor. Good CCTV system design requires an understanding of issues beyond simple pixel count.

Best,

Christopher

123648_1.gif

Best,

Christopher

So let's assume optimal response for both sensors:

1. Color sensor during the day with sufficient light to generate solid color image

2. Night sensor with sufficient light to generate solid black and white image

Will the resolving power of the two be the same in your opinion?

1. Color sensor during the day with sufficient light to generate solid color image

What do you mean by optimal response? In particular, is it too dark at night for the color sensor to function? If so, then the color sensor has more detail during the day, and the b/w sensor has more detail at night.

Best,

Christopher

What do you mean by optimal response? In particular, is it too dark at night for the color sensor to function?

Optimal means each sensor producing the same S/N (with differing light levels).

If so, then the color sensor has more detail during the day, and the b/w sensor has more detail at night.

I am not asking what the color sensor would do given the same light that the black and white had. But rather, if you take the optimal light level for each setting, is there a resolution difference.

Best,

Christopher

We can haz obliviousness?

Yes... yes they are.

I'm going on a week and their support dept. can't so much as provide an RMA number for a simple password reset, despite multiple emails... and forget getting anybody on the phone up there.

That's unfortunate, because they have a fantastic product. Building a "better mousetrap" isn't enough... you have to be able to market it, and take care of the customer/end-user. They may be counting on their Partners to manage that part of it... but that distributed Partner network bottle-necks when it comes to services that ONLY the factory provides, like password resets.

Would you rather have a middle-of-the-road product with great customer support, or a great product that can be easily "bricked," and when it is, you're on your own? Anybody who has ever dealt with Motorola's public-service radios knows that feeling.

Voipmodo: if this keeps up, I may end up having to take you up on that offer of assistance.

Best,

Christopher

You have missed the point. amirim has not and is trying to school you, join the class.

You have missed the point. amirim has not and is trying to school you, join the class.

If you can't promote a position based on merit, switch to personal attack devoid of any content relevant to the topic.

Best,

Christopher

If you can't promote a position based on merit, switch to personal attack devoid of any content relevant to the topic.

Best,

Christopher

Christopher, No personal attack intended, just trying to re-engage you to the thread with amirim, as he was leading you down the correct path.

If there is optimal response for both sensors then the 3MP sensor would give the greater resolution. Therefore if you need to cover the same scene distances and widths both day and night and have designed the system for a known result with the 3MP sensor, the 1.3MP sensor will not give you the same outcome. This may be the difference between being able to read a license plate during the day but not at night.

Without consideration of compression levels lets take an extreme example: the new Arecont 10MP Camera is 10MP Colour Sensor and 1080p Monochrome. From the Camera mounted at 3 meters we have a distance to target of 30 meters and at 30M a scene width of 20 meters (37 degree horizontal angle of view). We need to cover the same scene both day and night and have installed IR illumination to optimise the night performance. The required result is to be able to read license plates both day and night accross the scene width at the target distance.

1. Will we be able to read the license plates during the day?

2. Will we be able to read the license plates at night?

Example 2:

We have a good 5MP Day/Night camera mounted at 3 meters high and have a distance to target of 20 meters and at 20M a scene width of 15 meters (41 Degree HAV), we have installed IR illumination for maximum night time performance, and are using a high quality IR corrected lens, we need to read license plates accross the scene width at the target distance. Will we acheive our result both day and night?

Christopher, No personal attack intended, just trying to re-engage you

Fair enough. My point is that the statement, "It all comes down to pixels on target" is grossly misleading, particularly for the DIYers that visit this forum. There is far more to surveillance system design than pixel count. If a DIY selects a camera based solely on the number of pixels on a license plate at some distance, the probability that the system will work is pretty much zero.

Best,

Christopher