exacqVision supports Pre Motion capture, but I don't see an option for Post Motion. Am I missing it, or is Post Motion not supported?

Best,

Christopher

No post just pre....... I haven't had any problems missing post motion. If there is more motion I just retriggers the event.

Thanks for the quick response. One of the cameras has a tree branch at the very edge of view and therefore the motion window does not extend all the way to the edge of view to avoid windy moving branch false alarms. When someone walks across the field of view, the pre motion takes care of one direction, and the post motion, if available, would continue to record when walking in the other direction.

I'm adding another camera from another angle to resolve this problematic tree branch, but some cameras have a post motion feature, and it would be nice if exacq supported that feature.

Best,

Christopher

why would they leave out such a basic feature? doesn't make sense...

That's almost as bad as how LuxRiot doesn't even have pre record. I don't understand how a company who soley makes and develops recording software can't wrap their heads around such baisc feautures that even a $200 DVR has...

What good is their software if you have to either record 24/7 or miss valuable footage? I have a big problem with that.

Edited by Guest

Don't need it..... I said the same thing when I first used the software and I haven't missed any video becuase of it. Use multiple motion windows and you will not have any problems.

Don't need it..... I said the same thing when I first used the software and I haven't missed any video becuase of it. Use multiple motion windows and you will not have any problems.

I can not use a motion window to cover a tree branch that is on one side of the field of view because the constant wind would essentially mean continuous recording. The tree branch is sparse, so it's easy to see someone behind it.

If someone walks left to right, the pre-record will record them while they walk from behind the tree branch and through the field of view. However, when someone walks right to left, there is no post-record, so the recording stops as soon as they leave the main motion window.

Best,

Christopher

I can not use a motion window to cover a tree branch that is on one side of the field of view because the constant wind would essentially mean continuous recording. The tree branch is sparse, so it's easy to see someone behind it.

If someone walks left to right, the pre-record will record them while they walk from behind the tree branch and through the field of view. However, when someone walks right to left, there is no post-record, so the recording stops as soon as they leave the main motion window.

Put motion windows all around the tree.

Best,

Christopher

There is too much movement in the branch and leaves. This is a simple problem in need of a simple solution. Post record is not some esoteric or complex feature. Many cameras support post record. exacq needs to implement post record in the next release.

Best,

Christopher

There is too much movement in the branch and leaves. This is a simple problem in need of a simple solution. Post record is not some esoteric or complex feature. Many cameras support post record. exacq needs to implement post record in the next release.

Best,

Christopher

Have a look

may be it will work for you

1786422422_Screensnap01.jpg.4c1bfd4dd115f414db2d9d3e13cc5561.jpg

Best,

Christopher

Have a look

may be it will work for you

thanks Alex I thought of that but I forgot to post it.....

A lot of post Just because somebody didn't not check the manual )))

Just keep in mind that it make record 100 sec pre and 100 sec post alarm.