DataAve

Who makes this DVR?

looks familiar, cant put my brain together right now but I know ive seen it before ... will let you know..

my first name spelt backwards is cheap...

i keep hearing, "again bastid rory that check .."

no but web server software made by the same people ...

icant remember the name off hand but was something like neovision ...

Thanks bud. See if the Sampo software works on the same unit as the HiSharp. I found a version (Eclipse) that didn't lock up.

The Eclipse ..? It is the Hisharp, it does lock up .. we have them in the field (not proud) ..

They seem to have rewritten the software. I just need the view feature, but I hate that software has to be installed. Sometimes (and I won't, if I can) I can't install on a client's workstaion but I can access IE.

the orbix are the ones we have in the field, i just port forwared one the other day where the client bought their own, was the same software though, think it was maybe 2 months old, I didnt sell them it, they bought their own .. for remote viewing it is fine, its the playback that has its issues, remotely.

http://www.cctvco.com/dvrs.html

as for IE ?? Its not browser based, just windows ..

The Powertellecom 4 channel DVR doesnt have to install any software, its selfexecutable so it just runs. No browser based in that version though ...but its very low pricewise and doesnt crash/lockup ..

Rory

I need 8 0r 9 channel. Then I say to myself, for 200 more and I can get 16-but, I will never use 16 cams at my house.