DataAve

Who makes this DVR?

just get the AvTech 16 channel, its like $750-850 RETAIL (end user) ..

I had one here it worked great for a home application ...very basic but all i needed and a stand alone ..

Its also under the R16000 PowerTellecom unit ..

Hi-Sharp and others knocked-off the original source code. In truth, all units you mentioned purchase the same tcp/ip clent software, but from a hardware standpoint, there are many differences. In addition, we have never advertised the unit as Samsung. We brand Gen IV Technology. It is an entry level DVR that blows away anything in its class. The problem is we are not a retailer. We only market to installers and distributors. SO many buyers use the Smasung CDW unit as branding advantage. Others install a Sony CDW and go with Sony. With respect to lock-up issues, many cctv distributors are installing Western Digital, and in some cases Samsung HDD units. They simply prefer to save a few dollars over IBM/Hitachi drives. THis is a poor reflection of their industry knowledge and their committment to their customers reliability after an install. Always use IBM/Hitachi NEW, and that excludes EBay purchasing, HDD units. In the long term, you'll have happier customers and long term potential. As a matter of interest, GVI/Samsung does sell this unit (Exact Model) to major USA distributors.

Gen IV locks up on a regular basis. The software was written by a 5 year old with a bad crayon? I call it as I see it.

So, and I think we have enough blogs out there to back this up, you claim a lock up problem? Is this during tcp/ip? Do you install your own drives? Are you in New York?

How can 70-80k units in use worldwide be doing just fine, and in our own facility eight running for 24/7 duty, and several national accounts with 400 plus units in all their stores be working Data???? Interesting you leave no company name for others to view.

I quote from your own manual (It might be copyrighted and I don't want to get sued by your professional company).

4. To see continuous live view, we recommend NOT setting the DVMR for motion detection. The remote viewer only records when there is motion and this motion is not fluid. The remote SCAN MODE option still operates as normal. We recommend only using the remote playback feature if you set the DVMR for Motion Record.

5. The DVMR still records while in Live View mode, but recording rates drop by a small amount. Therefore, we recommend accessing the DVMR remotely only when needed.

7. If the connection is lost during remote playback, exit SCAN MODE, reconnect to the live view, then re-enter SCAN MODE.

.***** Always use IBM/Hitachi NEW, and that excludes EBay purchasing, HDD units. In the long term, you'll have happier customers and long term potential.

Well, considering that IBM had a MAJOR recall of all their drives because the "flagship" gp? 75 was at a massive failure rate, around 20%, I see how good your DVR'S must be.

....... As a matter of interest, GVI/Samsung does sell this unit (Exact Model) to major USA distributors.

Hehe, Samsung GVI...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Rory, where are you? would you let this guy know a few things about GVI?

and let me tell you something, Samsung GVI DOES NOT sell this DVR, a company called I think "Digital Watchdog" sells your DVR to a MAJOR distributor called TRI-ED, and guess what? they get a 75% failure rate.

so, you where saying?