g00fy

two PCI GV-800 16CH to 32CH

I just bought 6 GV 800-16CH cards for 100$ per card, and I am wondering:

Has any one tried to install two PCI GV800-16ch cards in one pc to work as 32Ch?

I heard about installing two PCI 1480, but never about GV800.

BTW. I know that GeoVision said that its possible to install 2x PCI-E GV-800, 1xPCI + 1xPCI-E GV-800.

I just bought 6 GV 800-16CH cards for 100$ per card, and I am wondering:

Has any one tried to install two PCI GV800-16ch cards in one pc to work as 32Ch?

I heard about installing two PCI 1480, but never about GV800.

BTW. I know that GeoVision said that its possible to install 2x PCI-E GV-800, 1xPCI + 1xPCI-E GV-800.

i would just try installing 1 card for now. as i can see you having problems.

FOR OF ALL. Where did you get them and are there anymore? lol I'm working on that project as we speak and if you don't already have the information. Please reply so I'll know. I'll be posting results soon.

All depends. I don't know your exact system specs but YES it will work. But it may fail/crash the system, lock up the system.

I have a lot of problems running dual PCI cards. I like to run 1 PCI and 1 PCI-Express, much more compatible. I have though built MANY 2xPCI systems, but again, it all depends on the motherboard.

Im using an Asus Mobo now and i3/i7 CPU's (1155), SandyBridge, and I need to use 1 PCI express and 1 PCI. I tend to use 2xPCI-Express and have rock solid performance.

I also have good performance with 1 PCI and 1 PCI -Exress but since I can support dual PCI-Express, i go that route.

I've also had good luck lately with the newer B version cards, not that you picked those up for $100.

But $100 for a GV-800-16 I dunno... that sounds fishy. That's WAYYYYYYYYYYYY below what they should cost, im talking WAY below, you sure you didnt end up with counterfeit cards?