Seriously guys, why are there so many great CCTV people coming from Russia??? What the hell...

Big country With interesting history. Long time people was "DIY'ers" on all kind of products, and no Google and forums

Also, i'm not from Russia, just know russian language. But, from one of countries,which was part of USSR...

and more reasons

tough life, not enough vitamins,wooden toys

tough life, not enough vitamins,wooden toys

Wooden toys are expensive now

Privetstvyu, ja obratil vnimanie na screene s Sanyo chto vy ispozuete PO Digifort. Kak vam soft, zdelali li na nem chtoto normalnoe. Sprashivau, potomuchto est variant im zanatsa, no xochetsa poobshatsa s tem kto yge pol'zoval ego v systemax.

wireguys, why do you say the sanyo's are no good? is it because of the supply issues now or are there other reasons to be concerned?

also, when installing the 3300 do i need to manually focus anything or does the autofocus do everything for me automatically, resulting in a very quick exterior install?

Supply issues and they way the run things. There is only one rep for the whole country. Getting cameras are hit and miss but getting accessories forget it. I have been waiting 2 months for a back box.

Also Panasonic now owns Sanyo security so how much longer will they be around?

I think the Sanyo HD images look good but when you start to drill into the image the detail just isn't there.

Also Panasonic now owns Sanyo security so how much longer will they be around?

To clarify, Panasonic Global bought Sanyo Electric. Massive conglomerates generally take some time to integrate - especially when your talking about small divisions like CCTV products.

I'd expect Sanyo CCTV to be around for a while - and even if they do manage to integrate the divisions quickly I'd expect the Sanyo offering to be available as Panasonic for at least a little while.

I just don't trust Panasonic.

The HD3300 is about what I need but the price is too high. Nothing from Mobotix, Axis, or Avigilon is less than $1,000 (3MP or better) that I've found.

I'm stuck.

I just don't trust Panasonic.

The HD3300 is about what I need but the price is too high. Nothing from Mobotix, Axis, or Avigilon is less than $1,000 (3MP or better) that I've found.

I'm stuck.

Are u in USA or Canada ?

I am approved Sanyo Canada dealer

Seattle. We get alotta rain here, and it seems like any wall-mounted dome will always have raindrops on it? And doesn't a smoked dome impair night and/or color performance? How do you seal the back where the cables are?

Pelco looks like a good camera, but they are outta sight. Double what I want to pay. Oddly, no one here has mentioned them.

I've also examined Arecont carefully, but by the time you buy the enclosure it costs the same as the 3300 but is inferior.

The 3300 seems to have a zoom lens, if I am understanding, but no idea what fields of view in degrees, and no idea how far away the scene looks when in wide-view. Why does zooming out have to get far away, anyway? Isn't there a more/less fisheye function?

There was an M12 on eBay for $450, but it had 135 lenses... some poor sap bought it. M12's with 22 and 43 lenses are north of $1,300... fsck that.

How do you seal the back where the cables are?

I use basic caulking. Eg. You are right about the rain drops though, they have wall mount brackets that can help with that though, in this case the client didnt want them.

vcm1.jpg

shropna

SPASIBO! NA LUXRIOTE BOLSHE 2,5 VIJAT NE SMOG,

K SOJALENIU SEICHAS ETIX KAMER V OFISE UJE NE IMEEM CHTOBI ESHE PAMUCHAT

DLYA PROEKTA BILA NUJNA KAMERA VIDAIUSHAYA MINIMUM 5 FREIMOV S MINIMUM TREX MEGAPIKSELNOI REZOLUCIYEY, 3300 POBILA BI KONKURENTOV PO CENE, PRISHLOS ZAVESTI DRUJBU S AREKONTOM

I have suddenly realized to my horror that the VDC-HD3300 may require Internet Exploser and ActiveX. Well this just instantly eliminates all Sanyo cameras from consideration. I think it's ridiculous that any piece of hardware should -require- Microsoft products, which we do not use any of.

So I have to start over from scratch. ZoneMinder is our NVR, so that's that. I guess this means I'll be spending closer to $900 now. I guess my test for quality is going to be nighttime performance.

I have suddenly realized to my horror that the VDC-HD3300 may require Internet Exploser and ActiveX. Well this just instantly eliminates all Sanyo cameras from consideration. I think it's ridiculous that any piece of hardware should -require- Microsoft products, which we do not use any of.

Are you sure there is no Desktop application? Even if it is a Windows exe could normally get it to run in WINE.

Also, the reason most only work for Windows is that its the most common OS, so developers learn the languages for that OS - thats also why there is so much malware targeting Windows. Im sure in the future as people realize now that XP is on the way out and win7 sucks, more people will move to Linux (hopefully Linux instead of Mac) and then more developers will start writing code for Linux.

The issue is that many of these IP cameras REQUIRE ActiveX controls, which is a proprietary M$ workproduct.

Yes I could run IE in Wine, but I wouldn't have all the wonderful features of ZoneMinder, plus I'd be using a product of The Borg. No thanks, for so many reasons. We've run Debian exclusively for 14 years, and are not changing now.

To be honest I dont use any IP cameras, but I have tested alot of them, not the Sanyo's though. Personally I dont like to use anything in the browser, but thats me. If it doesnt have its own Desktop app or any 3rd party apps that support it (windows, linux, or other) then I wouldnt use it - but thats me. Anything inside a browser environment is dependent on the browser itself and therefore limited. But many do love it, that they can watch it from within a browser, me, I dont get it. I can see if its Javascript and can work in any browser, personally I only keep IE on my PC now so I can grab the ActiveX control when I need to drop it in my own desktop app, as even though ActiveX is known for IE, we can also use it inside a desktop app and then add any feature we want.

Anyway i guess the question is, does Zoneminder Support that particular camera? Im sure some third party software must? Even if it doesnt have its own desktop app, otherwise how is one to record?

Anyway, good luck.

I gotta get back to this i-mac, putting XP on it

The Sanyo cameras do require ActiveX H.264 plugins for viewing in a browser window (and they are somewhat flakey ones, at that), but are not required for most NVR applications to record them (Sanyo cams are supported in Exacq, which has a Debian Ubuntu version available).

At worst, you might need to use a Windows PC (or Windows VM) to use the setup utility, and configure all of the camera settings in a browser, but after that most NVR apps have settings available through their GUI.

Thanks hardwired, but ZoneMinder does not have Sanyo cameras on its HCL. The ZoneMinder wiki says, "(the cameras) need to be able to stream MJPEG without the requirement of activex controls. If you see the requirement for the camera calls for IE then there is a good chance it may not work." Dealkiller.

I have to start over with the solutionset in ZM's HCL, using low-light performance as my indicator of quality.

Well, Exacq is able to pull either H.264 or MJPEG streams from Sanyo cameras somehow without ActiveX plugins, or they would not be able to have a Linux version of their software that will work with the Sanyo cameras.

If I get a chance, I'll try Wireshark on a Sanyo/Exacq setup and see if I can get the correct URL stream data from it....I think Zoneminder will let you use generic URL's for streaming, right?

Exacq is worth a look, if you are willing to pay for a VMS software. They have a free one channel demo version available to play with, as well.

It's also extremely light on server resources, I've had it running several Arecont megapixel cams on a Via 1.2 GHz mini-itx motherboard setup.

Hmmm, I just saw on the Zoneminder site a how-to about running it on a Guruplug, I've been thinking about trying Exacq on a Guruplug, as well....

Exacq is worth a look, if you are willing to pay for a VMS software.

Exacq does have a lot to offer.

1. Remote viewing with web browser does not require ActiveX.

2. Runs on Windows, Linux, and Mac.

3. Runs on iPhone, iTouch, iPad, and Andriod. And, it's feature rich and very responsive.

4. eMail notification that actually works.

Exacq has many other features, but how many VMS applications can do the above?

Best,

Christopher

I'm only in the earliest stages of exploring ZoneMinder, and do not have an in-depth understanding.

It makes sense that Exacq couldn't be using ActiveX, at least on unices. My proposed NVR is a 1GHz Atom with 2GB RAM and 6TB of storage. I like Exacq but just tend to stay away from proprietary solutions. Does the one-channel version have all features enabled? Does it have motion detection and mobile device support? Could I record a hidef version on the NVR and stream a lower-def version on my Android? (Nexus One) At the same time? Ideally I'd like my system and/or phone to *ding* when defined motion and I'm not watching.

My proposed NVR is a 1GHz Atom with 2GB RAM and 6TB of storage. I like Exacq but just tend to stay away from proprietary solutions.

Where can you find a processor, disk drive, and memory that does not include proprietary technology?

Does the one-channel version have all features enabled?

Yep.

Does it have motion detection and mobile device support?

Yep and yep.

Could I record a hidef version on the NVR and stream a lower-def version on my Android? (Nexus One) At the same time?

Yep.

Best,

Christopher

Kool, thanks Christopher.

When I said 'proprietary' I meant software. I'm not going to assemble a mobo and processor out of sticks and mud...

My proposed NVR is a 1GHz Atom with 2GB RAM and 6TB of storage. I like Exacq but just tend to stay away from proprietary solutions.

Where can you find a processor, disk drive, and memory that does not include proprietary technology?

Does the one-channel version have all features enabled?

Yep.

Does it have motion detection and mobile device support?

Yep and yep.

Could I record a hidef version on the NVR and stream a lower-def version on my Android? (Nexus One) At the same time?

Yep.

Best,

Christopher

If you going to use the web server I would upgrade to a more powerful processor.