clearsignal

CNB VBM-24VF

Thats what I mean. We were conferenced in with CNB, and the utp option is no longer avail...according to them. Built in or not, they say it's not avail. Certainly I'd rather just purchase the 1 balun for the dvr end of things.

I'll keep digging I guess.

What is wrong with IR cameras? I see the CNB VBM-24VF does not use IR. Why is this better?

Does this camera need a bracket or can I mount it directly to a wall above a door?

Is the power connection a pigtail or a plug?

In my limited experience the pluses of not having built in IR is you don't have spiders building webs on your camera for the heat I guess. You don't have bugs flying around your IR light - Both of which are continually setting off motion detection. On the two cameras I bought with built in IR I have a bright center where the IR points and dark on the edges.

The Monalisa only takes a little ambient light to get a full screen nice clear picture (like a 5 watt bulb...I have a 7.5 "walkway" bulb in my back porch globe and it is too bright) I don't even need this to see someone but it is enough light to take the noise out of the picture and give a crisp image.

The green plug in the above picture is your power. It has two set screws for hold your wires in.

I don't see why you couldn't mount it on a wall above a door. The VBM is recessed and the VCM has a surface mount bracket included.

Hope this helps.

What is wrong with IR cameras? I see the CNB VBM-24VF does not use IR. Why is this better?

Does this camera need a bracket or can I mount it directly to a wall above a door?

Is the power connection a pigtail or a plug?

Nothing, but you dont need IR in every case.

Ultimately if it is too dark then you need IR or some sort of extra light.

Otherwise as mentioned using a low light color camera, a true day night camera, or just plain BW camera, all without IR, can in many cases produce a very good image under low light situations. Personally Im a fan of the BW exview bullet camera in low light situations that dont need IR, costs next to nothing and is simple to mount and adjust; they tend to suck in the daytime though. For higher quality low light images though I always go with a true day night, so far.

That said, im not sure yet if the Monalisa has a fixed IR Cut filter or not, if it does not, then it could also utilize IR at night. I have a couple of the Monalisas to test so may do that this weekend. (had a client bring them in) Or maybe someone that has tested them already could answer that? Monalisa chip or not their prices as color domes are very good.

If you'd been paying attention, Rory, you'd know that the Monalisas DO have ICR. It's been discussed several times.

Ringtone, IR can be useful when there's REALLY low light... however, it's all to often used with cheap cameras to simply compensate for lack of good low-light performance. Cameras like the Monalisas that DO have good low-light response don't generally need it.

Then as Warren points out, having the IR built-in can cause other problems - it attracts bugs, and the extra heat sometimes kills cameras. If it IS needed or desired, it's usually better to use separate external IR illuminators, rather than LEDs built into the camera itself.

Well I was not certain as definitely in the Monalisa DFL-20S Dome I used yesterday it is a fixed lens without ICR, But it was still a great image for the price. You are correct though I just checked the specs for the VBM-24VF online and it has an ICR. Guess I missed that before. Just cant beat that price also.

Sureveillance-Video conferenced me with CNB, and they no longer provide the balun's with the cameras...citing not enough demand.

However, these cameras I received have the 2.8-10.5mm lenses - that's a plus.

clearsignal,

Did you mean your VCM-24VD came as 2.8-10.5mm lens?

Today, I placed order for VBM-24VD from 123Security, but later realized, on their website they have incorrectly put it as 2.8-10.5mm instead of 4-9mm (per CNB specs). I am need of a 2.8mm lens, and would have to send VBM-24VD back if they are not 2.8mm.

That's correct, they came from surveillance-video dot com with the same specs as the cnbusa site. The lens itself says '2.8-10.5mm' and oddly enough on the surveillance-video site, they spec it as 4-9mm as well.

Unless it's a revision on the model, I would assume it should be the same as the cnb site.

Good Luck

Someone can post a link to CNB VBM-24VF specs ?

I can't find this cam on Cnb website.

Maybe CNB VBM-24VF is to be phased out soon and substituted by a new model ?

This maybe the reason why is not listed on cnbtec.com

Wow, thats something new, I was there just the other day and it was there as normal. Now its gone and there is a whole list of new cameras. will check them out and see what they are about!

Thanks for the reply as that got me to check it out

Looks like the VBM-20S is our outdoor replacement for the dfl-20s.

But the 20's arent replacements for the 24s as they are only 12VDC.

Probably just a mistake on leaving out the 24VF in an update.

Wow, thats something new, I was there just the other day and it was there as normal. Now its gone and there is a whole list of new cameras. will check them out and see what they are about!

Thanks for the reply as that got me to check it out

Looks like the VBM-20S is our outdoor replacement for the dfl-20s.

But the 20's arent replacements for the 24s as they are only 12VDC.

Probably just a mistake on leaving out the 24VF in an update.

Hmm.. It's still listed in CNBUSA.COM I think they forgot to add it back on since their new cameras are already listed on their website and will be avail in a few weeks. Like Rory said, they are 12V also the VF cameras have IR.

Hmm.. It's still listed in CNBUSA.COM I think they forgot to add it back on since their new cameras are already listed on their website and will be avail in a few weeks. Like Rory said, they are 12V also the VF cameras have IR.

No the VFs dont have IR...dual voltage though, 24VAc is very important for those longer runs over 200'.

I was ready to place an order, this now add some confusion

I hope someone can shed some light on this matter.

Bye !

I would wait a week at least ... but basically from the specs the 20s are 12VDC only.

They come with the smoked domes by default... not sure if the slotted masks or clear domes are available as options.

Are the VBM-24VF still available? All I found on their website are the VBM-20VF, are these the same but new model?????

Hey guys, im currently in LA, is there any place around that can help me get the VBM-24VF

i need a good camera to replace the current $60 camera i got from http://www.safer.com.cn that keeps an eye on my bike.

screenshot20101222at100-1.png

On the bottom image, at night, the light that comes from the right side makes the image flicker all the time, also the image

is not crisp as i want it to be.

the distance from the camera that sits outside my window 3rd floor to the bike is around 50ft, it looks closer cause i zoomed it to be able to see all the bike and the front entrance to the building.

do you think the vbm-24vf will be a good purchase for my needs ?

At 12:00

img0076cc-1.jpg

At 22:00

screenshot20101222at956-1.png

Just in case some one wanted to see actual images of the vbm-24vf, i found some good ones, click on them to see them in actual size...

DSCF8951JPG-1.jpg

DSCF8972JPG-1.jpg

DSCF8973JPG-1.jpg

DSCF8976JPG-1.jpg

DSCF8977JPG-1.jpg

DSCF8978JPG-1.jpg