clearsignal

CNB VBM-24VF

Hey again, i have a great update, here is an email i just got

Hello. This is Sean from cnbusa.

Our price for VBM-24VF is $165.00 and we do have them in stock.

We are located in Van Nuys, you can either pick it up or you may purchase via our website.

Thank you.

Sounds good don't you think?

No it doesn't sound good. CNB does not sell directly to end users.

Thx for your response.

i sent email to Sean@cnbtec.com

and that is what i received from him...

do you think some one want to scam me, he wrote that i can pick up the unit myself.

btw i just got another email from Nelly's Surplus

saying Hi,

I have 2 available, how many more do you need.

Thanks,

i see that they have listed on there site as well

help will be highly appreciated.

Edited by Guest

They are also NOT in Van Nuys - at least, there's no such address listed on their website... and there's nowhere on the website to actually purchase.

What they DO have on their website, is this:

http://cnbusa.com/en/html/partner/unauthorizedreseller.php

Products from CNB Technology USA, Inc. are available only through CNB’s Authorized Resellers who conduct business in accordance with CNB’s purchase and sales policy. As a result, CNB products purchased from a non-compliant reseller will NOT qualify for CNB’s warranty coverage or product / technical support. When purchased through such non-compliant reseller, purchaser assumes all risk and liability.

Hey Soundy, thx for your help understanding this email that i got from Sean@cnbtec.com

do you think this guy operates some one in CA area that sell cnb products, im still waiting for his email with there address like he said, that i can pick up myself....

Do you guys familiar with this site/store ?

what about the price, isn't it low ? maybe its refurbished or something, i don't know who i can trust ?

Thx guys!

Edited by Guest

Thx for the info, i wonder why this Sean from cnbtec.com told me that, like i said im still waiting for his reply, from some reason im not getting it...

The Nelly's price is fair right, and if you know this guy its great, i want to get an original sealed unit and not...some other surprises.

i'll update as soon as this sean guy will replay...

i wonder what is behind his email...

just got his email

Hello. This is Sean.

Our address is 16134 Sherman Way. Van Nuys, CA 91406.

The shipping cost is $10.00 since you are very close by.

Thank you.

do you guys familiar with this address?

just got his email

Hello. This is Sean.

Thank you.

omer. something is not right with your cnb contact. sean @ cnbtech as he is not even in america . direct from cnb .

http://www.cnbtec.com/en/html/support/purchase.php

Dear tom, google gave this store on the address this Sean guy gave me:

and they also sell stuff on ebay, i wonder how i sent email to cnb and anded up with an ebay seller.....any one can help me start to understand

pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2adfb16a#ht_2862wt_907

btw here is how i found this sean guy at the first place, i sent an email to these guys

screenshot20101222at114-1.png

and received a replay from him, now i see that i never sent him an email...

Edited by Guest

just got his email

Hello. This is Sean.

Thank you.

soundy was right ............this address is not CNB it is a cctv supplier ........wont post his site on here.

Dear tom, google gave this store on the address this Sean guy gave me:

and they also sell stuff on ebay, i wonder how i sent email to cnb and anded up with an ebay seller.....any one can help me start to understand

btw here is how i found this sean guy at the first place, i sent an email to these guys

screenshot20101222at114-1.png

and received a replay from him, now i see that i never sent him an email...

yes but your email you have from seancnbtec says he is europe not america. which ever way you go just remember alarm bells have rang.

Edited by Guest

Your right, alarms are all around, anyone ever bought something from this store?

they sell stuff on email as well under seller name:

as for the camera, it looks like its the best i can find for around $150, it has all the features there is...

im dying to see once and for all a clear and crisp image 24h....

Your right, alarms are all around, anyone ever bought something from this store?

they sell stuff on email as well under seller name.

as for the camera, it looks like its the best i can find for around $150, it has all the features there is...

im dying to see once and for all a clear and crisp image 24h....

omer can you go back and edit your posts with the store links .... why give them free advertising

I was confused LOL

Okay so you sent an email to CNBTEC.com and they (proabably a sean in the CNB Europe devision) sent your request to a retailer in the US. His name may also be Sean. You probably just saw his email in the reply as he may have been copying the email to the CNB guys.

Did you send your ORIGINAL email TO sean@cnbtec.com, or is that an address that you got a reply from when you filled in a web form or something? Cuz you know, it's really easy to spoof a "From" email address... heck, I could change my Outlook settings in about 15s to make it look like an email from me is actually coming from CNB, or from cctvforum.com, or even from you.

hey, i never ent email directly to Sean, maybe some one forward my email to him

btw from 1 to 10 scale how much the vbm 24vf will get?

thx guys

Some VCM-24VFS I just installed.

Still got some minor nighttime focusing/adjustments to do.

Was going to use CNB wall mount brackets but did not in the end as they could be pulled down easier in this high crime area.

vcm1.jpg

vcm2.jpg

Nice area:

vcm3.jpg

vcm4.jpg

yesterday i ordered the vbn-24vf, the unit was already shipped

ill upload photos once i get it.

thx for everything so far.

Is any one really happy with the images from the CNB cameras? I have installed a bunch and just don't get all the hype. Maybe i am just spoiled with all the HD/Megapixel stuff.

Edited by Guest

Mine arrived yesterday. I am very impressed with the color rendition, features and the build quality. I haven't tried it on my GV800-16 DVR yet. After the holidays, I'll post a snapshot.

I think the hype may be getting a little out of hand At the same time, it certainly doesn't apply to ALL their cameras - I've used some models that were mediocre at best. They key phrase is "for the price". Even the mediocre ones have been on a par with most others in their price range; the big hype is over the Mona Lisa models, which for us anyway, have been really outstanding *value*. No, they won't measure up to megapixel for basic image quality; no, they won't generally compare to the higher-end analogs STRICTLY on the basis of image quality... but FOR THE PRICE?

We get them for about 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a Panasonic WV484, for example... and about the only place the Panny beats them cleanly is in the Super Dynamic function and the ABF. Yes, the Panny has a better image... but not 2-3 times better. The Mona Lisa beats it hands-down for low-light response.

And hey, as an installer... I REALLY love them. The 3-axis gimbal design is one of the best to work with, way easier than the Panasonic's, which even with all their annoying lockdown screws still ends up sloppy. For easy of installation and setup, there's simply no other dome I've EVER worked with that can touch them.