SEANHAWG

Absolute least expensive one or 4 channel DVR you have found

I have a customer who insists on getting the least expensive stand alone DVR that can be found. He is looking for a single channel or 4 channel. What are the cheapest ones you have found in your travels? Cant use DVR card, it must be a unit.

I have a customer who insists on getting the least expensive stand alone DVR that can be found. He is looking for a single channel or 4 channel. What are the cheapest ones you have found in your travels? Cant use DVR card, it must be a unit.

you could find a nice very cheap unit. but you will only end up loosing a customer and also problems. if you are a installer you should know what the least you would install. and do its job.

i install avtech or avers as budget 4 ways if your customer does not want to pay that much just walk away

I dont think quality is an issue with him. I will not be selling this to him or installing it to him, rather, I will just be showing him where to buy it, as I made it clear to him that he really needs a decent quality DVR and that I really wont support a junky one. Apparently he just wants to use it at his work to monitor his employees.

stuff like Q-See and Aposonic would probably be some of the cheapest you will find in most places in the US .. I even saw one on newegg in the mid 2 digit price range .. well its not there anymore

I got an email from a chinese manufacturer one time (i get at least one a day now from different ones) and they were selling me 20x DVRs for $89 ... but I had to buy in the 1000's. Anyway, so it really depends where you live, if you are in China you could probably find a $5 DVR

Other then that, AvTech DVRs are known to be very cheap and are also sold all over the US. They are crappy video if you ask me but they never crash and can take a beating. I know where to get a better 4 channel at the same cost but its only dealer cost so cant post that here!

I have a customer who insists on getting the least expensive stand alone DVR that can be found.

Does it have to work?

Best,

Christopher

I have a customer who insists on getting the least expensive stand alone DVR that can be found.

Does it have to work?

Best,

Christopher

Oh snap!

I will vouch for AVTech. I beat the crap out of them with the environments that I place them in such as attics (Florida) and smoky bars, and and other "unapproved" sites.