HDguy

HDCCTV is the new standard

Vitek was supposed to have a camera out this spring have never heard anymore about it. If the major dvr guys come out with an add on card or similar I am not going to plan on going this route. If geo or nuuo has hybrid solution why not go to IP and if necessary for a great live view just loop out of the HDMI output on the camera (sanyo)
HDMI signals won't travel very far - maybe 45-50 feet @1080p without repeaters. Not very practical.

it seems HDCCTV will cost more in cabling: it is possible to transfer severally channel of analog video signal through single co-axial cable, it is also possible to transfer the video stream from several HD IP camera through single CAT5 cable. Is it possible to transfer more than one channel HDCCTV video through single co-axial cable under existing frame? if not, it will be quite costly to expand the system in the future.

it seems HDCCTV will cost more in cabling: it is possible to transfer severally channel of analog video signal through single co-axial cable, it is also possible to transfer the video stream from several HD IP camera through single CAT5 cable. Is it possible to transfer more than one channel HDCCTV video through single co-axial cable under existing frame? if not, it will be quite costly to expand the system in the future.

It's also possible to run several IP cameras over a single piece of coax. Sure, the adapters to do it can be a little pricey, but when you have no other options, they become priceless.

First time reading this thread.

Hi, guys!

Fun stuff, and everybody is right.

I am neither for or against this new HD-SDI technology.

Maybe some images will give refreshing sense.

Connection image is capture with 720p HD-SDI camera connected to HD-SDI DVR.

NetPromax_HDSDI_Connect_2.thumb.JPG.b64ab833212a0f97991c9691af41e188.JPG

NetPromax_HDSDI_Connect_3.thumb.JPG.27dc606f0817cad9a21b7ed7a09089b4.JPG

HD_720p_Recording_1280x720.thumb.JPG.4d17d254eb6ab82035286b1e932423d8.JPG

I saw some demos at ISC yesterday and they said the cameras where about 300$ but the DVR that I saw could only do 4 cameras and the computer the cap. cards had a max of 8 cameras on one computer with i7 machine.

First time reading this thread.

Hi, guys!

Fun stuff, and everybody is right.

I am neither for or against this new HD-SDI technology.

Maybe some images will give refreshing sense.

Connection image is capture with 720p HD-SDI camera connected to HD-SDI DVR.

720p is still <1MP. Sure the pictures are pretty but you're still limited in resolution. Even 1080p is barely 2MP.

Go check the "MP cameras pictures and demos" thread for some 16MP Avigilon samples.

Who is selling them for 300$ and is that dealer or MSRP? I would be surprised if that was MSRP.

I saw some demos at ISC yesterday and they said the cameras where about 300$ but the DVR that I saw could only do 4 cameras and the computer the cap. cards had a max of 8 cameras on one computer with i7 machine.

How about this chip solution for HDCCTV?

It is the 4 channel HD-SDI mutiplexer chip.

It supports up to the 1080p@30Hz.

The followings are main features for this chip(SGQ-2000)

1, Input 4CH video for camera.

- BT.1120 for HD-SDI and HDMI(DVI)

- Max 1920x1080p@30Hz

- Independent video resolution for each inputs

2. Cascade input

- Increase input video channels for camera

- BT.1120 or RGB interface

3. Output 2CH video for monitor

- HDMI(DVI) and BT.1120 for HD-SDI and etc.

- Max 1920x1080p@60Hz

- Independence of input video resolution.

4. Video codec intgerface

- Output 4CH video for recording

- Input 4CH video for playback

- BT.1120

- Support the multi-channel output

5. Super low latency(typically 1 frame delay)

6. 4CH motion detector

7. Video overlay

- Support priority overlay

- Can be locate any position and any size

8. Scaler

- Free size & free ration scaler

- Support zoom and crop

9. OSG(On Screen Graphic interface)

- Overlay with input video

10. Support input and output audio

11. Color control for video enhance

12. Control interface

- Async Bus, I2C, SPI.

KM.

Wow... I thought this stuff was supposed to kill IP by coming in at a price point equivalent to analog... I could put together an 8-channel Vigil NVR (not the cheapest) *and* eight cameras for that price!

I saw a Everfocus 8 channel HDCCTV DVR and the list price is $7000.00.... for 8 channels

Just a "little" out of my customers price range

I saw a Everfocus 8 channel HDCCTV DVR and the list price is $7000.00.... for 8 channels

120/100 FPS @ 1080i

comes with 4 TB HDD .. guess $1000 per HDD

Sounds like a great idea but the costs of this stuff is whats going to make it unsuccessful. They have to make it comparable to High End Analog Systems.

120/100 FPS @ 1080i

comes with 4 TB HDD .. guess $1000 per HDD

We are very interested in Hdcctv as a solution , and have been following it's evolution for a few years now.

I have to agree though , with HDcctv recorders at $3000 for a 4 channel and $11000 for 16 channels, i think the price barrier is some way off causing the dethroning of HDip.

So let me get this straight...

HDCCTV requires no compression at the camera making it less expensive to produce the camera. Giving it the ability for the DVR to do the compression and also if any new video codecs do come out it will be useable with that codec.

HDCCTV uses traditional Cabling (good quality cable) that is. Easy for a customer to upgrade there old analog system to HD

HDCCTV does not need POE switches or High Powered NVRs only needs HD DVR which yes are somewhat expensive at the moment but seriously how many people are making HDDVR? Thats why they are expensive they are trying to make as much money as possible off it. If more players where adapting this technology the prices would come down.

HDCCTV wont go down if the network or any switches go down.

HDCCTV wont eat up bandwidth on your system..UNLESS you build its own network dedicated for it.

To mee it seems HDCCTV will take over..Most of the HDCCTV products are made in Korea at the moment once China (yes cheap china crap as some of you would say ) it will lower the cost of HDCCTV... Dahua is starting to get into it

and it looks amazing!!!

Now I may not know what im talking about but...My phone has a 2mp Camera in it..It takes AMAZING VIDEO.. iF you look at how much the camera cost http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_it_cost_to_make_a_cell_phone it is only $20. Put that in a CCTV Camera shell and add HDSDI to it...Seems to me it would be inexpensive to build maybe $50 PER camera..Now like i said I may not know what im talking about but please educate me...

My phone has a 2mp Camera in it..It takes AMAZING VIDEO...

No offense (ok, maybe a *little* offense), but if you don't understand why a cellphone camera is a horribly inadequate platform for a CCTV camera, then you probably shouldn't opine on higher level topics like the overall viability of any one architecture over another.

Like i said on this part of the subject I may not know what Im talking about..Yet u do not explain to me why a cellphones 2MP camera wont do for CCTV? Anyways what about the other subjects I pointed on? did we just skip down to the part where i admitted I didnt know what i was talking about...=)

The reason is that the mobile phone will not give any useful image as soon as it gets dimm and when it's dark, the picture is just black. The reason is the tiny chip that they use.

I agree that HDCCTV sounds good, but the price doesn't drop, it will just fail. IP cameras are established now and give MUCH more for the price.

So let me get this straight...

HDCCTV requires no compression at the camera making it less expensive to produce the camera. Giving it the ability for the DVR to do the compression and also if any new video codecs do come out it will be useable with that codec.

So what about the DVRs which need encoder chips AND SDI chips plus the SDI chip in the camera?

HDCCTV uses traditional Cabling (good quality cable) that is. Easy for a customer to upgrade there old analog system to HD

What about UTP and older installs with crappy cable?..... NONE of the jobs I look at would I be able to use existing cabling.

What do you do if your HDCCTC camera is over 300ft from the DVR?

HDCCTV does not need POE switches or High Powered NVRs only needs HD DVR which yes are somewhat expensive at the moment but seriously how many people are making HDDVR? Thats why they are expensive they are trying to make as much money as possible off it. If more players where adapting this technology the prices would come down.

High power NVR? I have plenty of systems running HD/MP camera with Atom processors.

What is more valubale to the end user. RG-59 (which costs more) that you can ONLY use for cctv or Cat5/6 which you can use with anything with a network port?

HDCCTV wont go down if the network or any switches go down.

I have had ZERO network switch failures but plenty of power supplies fail or fuses blow.

HDCCTV wont eat up bandwidth on your system..UNLESS you build its own network dedicated for it.

Always build your own network.

To mee it seems HDCCTV will take over..Most of the HDCCTV products are made in Korea at the moment once China (yes cheap china crap as some of you would say ) it will lower the cost of HDCCTV... Dahua is starting to get into it

and it looks amazing!!!

16 channels and below for trunk slammers yea HDCCTV might have a chance but IP cameras are dropping in price too and they have huge head start.

Plus the flexibly for system design with IP is so nice and I can pick whatever hardware that I or my customer wants to use.

Lets compare pricing. Give me pricing for HDCCTV for the following configurations 1 camera, 5 cameras, 9 cameras and 17 cameras.

Now I may not know what im talking about but...My phone has a 2mp Camera in it..It takes AMAZING VIDEO.. iF you look at how much the camera cost http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does_it_cost_to_make_a_cell_phone it is only $20. Put that in a CCTV Camera shell and add HDSDI to it...Seems to me it would be inexpensive to build maybe $50 PER camera..Now like i said I may not know what im talking about but please educate me...

Last question do you have a friend named Todd

Edited by Guest

What is more valubale to the end user. RG-59 (which costs more) that you can ONLY use for cctv or Cat5/6 which you can use with anything with a network port?

RG9, the whole system is cheaper in the long run and its stronger cable.

RG9, the whole system is cheaper in the long run and its stronger cable.

HDCCTV is cheaper? hun