Secret Lemonade Drinker

Dual monitor output - Geovision software

I am trying to get the TV output of my graphics card to display the cameras, so I can be in another room, flick to a scart socket, and see the images.

The TV is displaying exactly what the main monitor is, but there is no video, its just slabs of pink. When I configure a camera, I get the relevant video feed for the camera options, its just not displaying video in its normal mode.

Any ideas??

Video card is a NVidia GeForce 6200 and the DVR is the Geo GV-600

You have to disable the DirectDraw overlay function under the "General" configuration tab. With this enabled, all you will get is pink screen where there would normally be video displayed. You may even with to change the screen resolution to 800x600, depending on your VGA setup and type.

scottj

It may be a resolution problem, are you able to change resolutions on your computer to something lower, sometimes televisions have issues with resolution from a computer... I remember a long time ago I had a ATI all in wonder and it sucked on anything but 800x600 or smaller for the tv out... I was trying to make something to play divx movies on my television. I had a similiar issue to what you are referring with the pink slabs on the video portion when playing divx movies... You may want to play with resolutions, but I don't know what resolution geovision needs to function properly. The only other thing we have done that was actually really cool was using a 42 inch plasma television with DVI inputs as the computer monitor, so you just change source and then your dvr is on your tv screen. The DVR just lived in his entertainment cabinet by the rest of his AV stuff. It was one of the coolest things I had ever seen.

What kind of tv are you trying to put it out to? Something old or something like a plasma or lcd?

-Marcus

Its a fairly modern TV, which has had no issues running the PC before, and it can easily handle 800x600 as it has been used on another server for a while.

The TV is still displaying the buttons, anything the main display displays, just not video.

If it can run other things on it, it may have to do with the geovision board itself, since the cameras are not an output of the actual Nvidia video card(they are an output of the geo board), it's tv out option might not work for this application. Does the geovision board itself have an rca or bnc plug for monitor out? I have seen the kodicom boards have this and it just cycles through the cameras and you can set how long it stays on each one like 3 seconds or something. Not sure if geo works the same way, but it's worth a shot.

There is no output on the Geo card for TV etc, the only way I could get Geo SW/HW doing that is using a DSP card.

I have been running a Trial of Windows 2003 server for a while on the system which it was running fine, so I know the hardware can do it.

I have upgraded windows on my main rig to XP 64 bit, so my 32 bit is available, and due to the server os nearing expiration, I transferred my XP 32 over to the server, its jsut with XP I am having the problem.

what version of the nvidia drivers are you using? directx?

are you using the ones put in xp, the ones from windows update, the ones from nvida.com, the ones from the card manufacturer?

I think sometimes the latest and greatest drivers are not always the best for certain applications or sometimes they are the cure for your woes. Do you know what rev of the driver and direct x you were using under 2k3? I would start there and see if you can get drivers with the same version number...

you should also do dxdiag and check all the test results and info in there... it may shed some light on the issue

Again, DirectDraw Overlay........End of problem

Could you give a little more detail please?

Go to System Configure and uncheck 'Enable Directdraw Overlay'

Prob cuz it GEOCRAP software. Well that might be a lil harsh perhaps.