ryeporta

Is there such a portable CCTV setup?

IS there such a device or is there anything like that which can be done?

The setup is for a portable CCTV system that can be mounted onto lamp posts and detached easily (or relatively easily) for re-deployment. The most tricky part I can see is a independent power supply. I've suggested solar panels to my prospect but he felt that solar panels are too expensive. Hence I am thinking of something like this:

135075_1.gif

An IP cam with

1) SD Card Storage or USB Hard-Disk output (I've seen before a year ago from China)

2) Optional 3G internet connection

A weather-proof housing that will store a power supply. Either a Battery or a UPS. Or anything else.

Does anyone has any suggestions for such a setup?

IS there such a device or is there anything like that which can be done?

The setup is for a portable CCTV system that can be mounted onto lamp posts and detached easily (or relatively easily) for re-deployment. The most tricky part I can see is a independent power supply. I've suggested solar panels to my prospect but he felt that solar panels are too expensive. Hence I am thinking of something like this:

135075_1.gif

An IP cam with

1) SD Card Storage or USB Hard-Disk output (I've seen before a year ago from China)

2) Optional 3G internet connection

A weather-proof housing that will store a power supply. Either a Battery or a UPS. Or anything else.

Does anyone has any suggestions for such a setup?

CNB do a good set-up but expensive

completely integrated rapid deployment CCTV solution. Comprising a High-speed dome, 500Gb HDD and 3G modem the RD3GWIFI/500 is a 'Go Anywhere' solution - able to be installed in any location with 3G coverage.

The RD3GWIFI/500 offers up to real-time recording, remote operation over secure connection to take cables and wires out of the installation.

The RD3GWIFI/500 offers exceptional benefits

Portability

Operate a total monitoring solution anywhere with 3G, GPRS, Broadband or Wi-Fi coverage.

Complete Solution

Supplied as a 'one box' solution - A complete PTZ camera, 500Gb on-board DVR and 3G modem.

Rapid Deployment

Can be rapidly deployed to any location and is ideal as a temporary, portable camera sending live images direct to a PC, laptop or dedicated monitoring station.

Go anywhere with 3G Transmission

The camera can be set-up anywhere with 3G coverage. The dome can be linked to the mains or battery supply so it can be installed even in the most remote locations.

Suitable for a wide range of applications

Temporary Installations

Remote Locations

Problematic Wireless/Cable installations

Construction Sites

Fly-tipping

Household Waste recycling centres

General Site Security

Covert Monitoring

Anti-Social Behaviour

Unit comprises VHSD-770EXT camera module, 500Gb HDD, 3G modem, pole bracket, test 3G sim card and flight case.

135075_1.jpg