simyf

I-View CP-1404HS help needed

Dear All,

I just installed one CP1404HS card on my system Pentium IV 2.8Mhz 533mhz bus speed 1GB memory, Video Card Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB. I'm having video jerking/not smooth problems as this card suppose to be real time card. Appreciate someone can advise the solutions.

FYI, I'm setting all the 4 cameras resolution to 640*480

Interesting.

We have basically the same system (and same issue on our GeoVision GV800-4 card with only 1 cam @ 640x480)... P4 2.4GHz 533 Bus w/1GB RAM, GeForce MX4000 128MB, ASUS P4PE MB.

Does it have the same jerky/not smooth motion in Live View when not recording?

Yes, it still jerking but not as serious as when recording turn on concurrently. Any idea to overcome this...Thanks in advance

Download the latest nvidia chipset drivers for your VGA board, it may help. If not, swith to an ATI chipset and try again. Also check to verify you have the latest version of DirectX installed.

scottj

I doubt changing to ATI will make a diff... we had a ATI Radeon 9500 Pro installed before the Nvdia video card. Exact same issue.

G22, my last build was almost exact as yours, but it was a GV-800-16 and I had a P4-3.0 with 1GB at 800fsb. No problems at all.

You did install the chipset drivers for the motherboard on install, right? I've found skipping that step will make for much worse performance than should be expected.

Simyf, do you get other video problems when doing other things, like moving/dragging/dropping other windows around or opening folders?

Maybe you guys might want to swap out memory, just guessing that maybe bad ram might give you these results.

Or maybe overheating? I suppose it would start off good performance and then degrade to crappy as it overheated more and more.

-WC-

Did you download the latest 2.8E Drivers?

Make sure that you DON"T have the intel accelerator software installed, that causes the jerking on the real time boards.

hmmm, 2Ghz Celleron, 256MD DDR, 30GB HDD, 128 Radeon Generic, no jerkin' over here .. .

Damn... I am thinking of selling this brand new DVR computer I be building and going with a March Networks 3108 wall mountable DVR.

This PC DVR jerkin issue really be annoying.

Edited by Guest

How so? It is a decent Panasonic camera and was installed by a supposedly professional company/installer.

IMO, this jerky issue is either some PC limitation (533 Bus?)... or a well known issue that manufacturers are keeping in the closet.

I am beginning to think the latter.

Plus... I seen you I-View vids... definitely not smooth to me, or just 15fps (yeah yeah I know). Even MJ would say damn that is not smooooth enough.

Hmm, ive never seen what you are talking about so I cant help yah there ..

Except transmission issues can cause jumpy images some times.

Plus... I seen you I-View vids... definitely not smooth to me, or just 15fps (yeah yeah I know). Even MJ would say damn that is not smooooth enough.

It was very smooth and fast on my PCs I have viewed them on ..

Trust me, I have used Stand Alones for 4 years, and the PC DVR beats it in miles with speeds of recording.

ok, I am going to upload gardener.Avi (which says 15fps @ 640x480 in my properties)... then you can download it and see if it be smooth 30fps @ 640x480.

ok, I am going to upload gardener.Avi (which says 15fps @ 640x480 in my properties)... then you can download it and see if it be smooth 30fps @ 640x480.

Well if you are going by that one I wouldnt bother, that was one of the cameras set to 8fps at the time .. the Jeep was set to the max though, which is the one to go by ..

And if you really are going to go by the 3 year old PC im using .. old 30GB HDD .. 256 OLD DDR, then thats up to you ..

Still blows away any Stand Alone RTOS DVR for speed and evidence quality, that I have seen available on todays current market: with all cameras recording at once ...

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/tmp/jeep.avi

16.6mb

Same as the one I uploaded... played back on my PC anyway. Same 'properties' as well.

I want to see some smooooth 30fps @ 640 x 480 from these I-view cards. Can't this be done Herm?

how much smoother do you want it????? Now if you are talking about the occasional stutter, that is more than likely to do with the slow old HDD i have in the old PC ... Just so you know, I used the Eclipse 240fps card, which is a Digivue card, and with just 1 camera on it, it was 1/2 the speed that I am getting on the Iview .... The Eclipse was basically 240fps / 16 cameras, no matter what amount of cameras you had on it ... which means I was getting 15fps with the Eclipse, and that means I am getting real time with the Iview regardless of the ocassional stutter ... When I put on more than 4 cameras, then I dont get real time, unless i set 1 camera to max, and the others to less like 8fps, etc.

Like I said before, ignore the properties as they mean very little, the 8fps set cameras I recorded also say 15fps in the AVI properties in Windows XP, but they were certainly recording in 8fps.

But let us know when you find one that is fast enough for yah

i know for a fact the Stand Alone RTOS wont be it though ... and for 5 times the cost ... if you want a plug and play machine though, then the stand alone is the way to go ..

How smooth I be wanting it... smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

Yes, I am a fussy mutha, but when spending 3k on a PC Based DVR... I do not expect to have a jerky 30fps @ 640x480+ DVR card when I only will have prob 1 or 2 cameras.

If this jerkiness issue is simply related to a PC limitation, or just a matter of tweaking the PC to correct it... then fine I can deal with that. But if this is some issue not PC related but instead DVR card related regardless of the PC, tweaks, etc... I will be annoyed.

$3,000 ..?? Darn, my PC was free, the card was cheappp.

Do you mean stutter?? I dont see any jerkin motion .. jerkin is up and down, like from interference from transmission issues.

I think you need to spend $20,000+ to get what you want ..

Remember that they are recording video to the HDD, if the HDD is not great, slow, or other hardware or software has issues, you will get occasional stuttering .. Check out the playback speeds on some RTOS stand alones, and you will come back cryin .. if yah think these are slowww Dont get me wrong, I still like me stand alones .. foe sure ..