shropna

Stadium surveilance

H.264 Box has built in 5-85mm lens

Oops, my bad. I knew that. Been reviewing to many camera specs.

Do you have a link to the Avigilon enclosure for the H.264 box. I did not look today, but I looked a couple weeks ago and could only find a part number, but not the enclosure product page with dimensions or picture, etc. Would not need a heater in this environment.

Best,

Christopher

Edit: Would prefer the smallest enclosure that will hold it.

Edited by Guest

Rory you live in a whole different world then the rest of us

Yeah its called the real world.

So back to the stealing, you do insure those $10,000 cameras at least right?

You just don't get it

H.264 Box has built in 5-85mm lens

Oops, my bad. I knew that. Been reviewing to many camera specs.

Do you have a link to the Avigilon enclosure for the H.264 box. I did not look today, but I looked a couple weeks ago and could only find a part number, but not the enclosure product page with dimensions or picture, etc. Would not need a heater in this environment.

Best,

Christopher

You can put it in any housing you want.

Rory you live in a whole different world then the rest of us

Yeah its called the real world.

So back to the stealing, you do insure those $10,000 cameras at least right?

You just don't get it

Please explain? Help me understand - People dont steal where you install cameras???

And ofcourse what if lightning takes the camera out? Is there lightning insurance for cameras?

Dont any of your customers ask these simple questions before spending so much money??

Please explain? Help me understand - People dont steal where you install cameras???

And ofcourse what if lightning takes the camera out? Is there lightning insurance for cameras?

Dont any of your customers ask these simple questions before spending so much money??

No, I have never in 10 years had a camera stolen.

Do you think it would be a little obvious if some drove a lift into the stadium and when up 50-100ft to the camera? You don't think the other 50 cameras would catch any of this? Or the security team would not question some one with a lift? Maybe you need to come try to steal one in the US and see how well that would work out? Come on Rory your being ridiculous.

Do you think it would be a little obvious if some drove a lift into the stadium and when up 50-100ft to the camera? You don't think the other 50 cameras would catch any of this? Or the security team would not question some one with a lift? Maybe you need to come try to steal one in the US and see how well that would work out?

Its a simple question, do you just expect people to spend that kind of money and not ask questions? And I thought this one camera was replacing those 50 cameras? And are you insinuating that I am a criminal that goes around stealing things???? If not, why would you even suggest such a thing??

Do you think it would be a little obvious if some drove a lift into the stadium and when up 50-100ft to the camera? You don't think the other 50 cameras would catch any of this? Or the security team would not question some one with a lift? Maybe you need to come try to steal one in the US and see how well that would work out?

Its a simple question, do you just expect people to spend that kind of money and not ask questions? And I thought this one camera was replacing those 50 cameras? And are you insinuating that I am a criminal that goes around stealing things???? If not, why would you even suggest such a thing??

Rory how many analog cameras would it take to get face face recognition on every seat in an 20,000 stadium?

I don't think they want to use KT and C or CNB cameras

but if they are then you are on my list to be called first

and I am not joking

by the way how many Dahua DVR do we need

What is your opinion ?

Unlike you, I dont just stick to one brand or one type of product, I give my clients the choice, not all need a $10,000 camera, and a $100 camera also wont work for every application. As for my opinion, I will give it to someone that gives a damb which obviously you dont.

Unlike me ?

Where did u get idea that I stick to one type of product ?

I give my clients lot of choices from Analog to IP

Rory how many analog cameras would it take to get face face recognition on every seat in an 20,000 stadium?

I never wrote anything about any analog camera getting face recognition at a stadium's seating area, so that has no bearing on anything. Please re-read my original post.

And the question again was, nothing to do with analog cameras now so please forget analog cameras even exist, are these $10,000+- cameras insured due to the high cost, lets say in the RARE case that they are stolen? Heck they could get stolen on the way to being installed even. Can one get lightning insurance on them also?

I never wrote anything about any analog camera getting face recognition at a stadium's seating area, so that has no bearing on anything. Please re-read my original post.

And the question again was, nothing to do with analog cameras now so please forget analog cameras even exist, are these $10,000+- cameras insured due to the high cost, lets say in the RARE case that they are stolen? Heck they could get stolen on the way to being installed even. Can one get lightning insurance on them also?

Ok let me ask that a different way. Rory if you had do do this quote how may cameras would you use to get face recognition in every seat in an 20,000 stadium?

Ok let me ask that a different way. Rory if you had do do this quote how may cameras would you use to get face recognition in every seat in an 20,000 stadium?

A question to avoid answering the original questions.

I have no interest in quoting someone elses million dollar job when Im not getting paid to do so, I only had a couple questions that could obviously not be answered for whatever reason.

I give you that you are a good sales man, but thanks anyway, I guess I will research the insurance thing myself.

I don't think they want to use KT and C or CNB cameras

but if they are then you are on my list to be called first

and I am not joking

by the way how many Dahua DVR do we need

What is your opinion ?

Unlike you, I dont just stick to one brand or one type of product, I give my clients the choice, not all need a $10,000 camera, and a $100 camera also wont work for every application. As for my opinion, I will give it to someone that gives a damb which obviously you dont.

Unlike me ?

Where did u get idea that I stick to one type of product ?

I give my clients lot of choices from Analog to IP

The same place you got the idea about me.

Mike stop plz

Rory is doing for CCTV Forum members 10 times more then you and me together

He always explain ppl about CNB and IR cut filter and day/night cameras and so on..

be nice

The same place you got the idea about me.

I have very high opinion about you

and your numerous explanations about analog cameras to members on this forum

to the point that I am ready to beg you to make "sticky"

icon_snack-1.gif

And I agree with Rory, BTW - anything worth that much should be covered by insurance. If not insured separately, it should at least have some sort of coverage under the building insurance - against fire, water damage, acts of God, etc., if not theft.

I am serious I would like to know. What if the analog system to cover that would cost 300,000 and the Avigilon system cost 200,00? would that change your mind about the insurance?

Not if I could loose $10,000+- just from the theft or damage of one single camera, if not insured.

icon_snack-1.gif

And I agree with Rory, BTW - anything worth that much should be covered by insurance. If not insured separately, it should at least have some sort of coverage under the building insurance - against fire, water damage, acts of God, etc., if not theft.

Soundy who's responsibility to insure yours or customer ?

icon_snack-1.gif

freefightingsmileys365-1.gif

Just like the fire system which would easily be +100K.... I have replaced many fire, burg, cctv for that stuff under insurance.

Edited by Guest

thewireguys wrote:

I am serious I would like to know. What if the analog system to cover that would cost 300,000 and the Avigilon system cost 200,00? would that change your mind about the insurance

Not if I could loose $10,000+- just from the theft or damage of one single camera, if not insured.

?

So you wouldn't insure the more expensive analog system?

Oh, how many posts....

Rory, I'm half agree with you about cameras for face capture placing at entrances, etc...

But, you also need look at whole seats area, to find, where is "necessary" person. And vice versa - how many time guards should look at recorded entrances video to find one person from, as example, 20000 visitors?

About cost of some cameras. I'm do some projects wit cooled and uncooled thermal cameras, more than 100000 $ each...

icon_snack-1.gif

Once it's installed and signed off, it's the customer's responsibility... same as any other on-site equipment.

If your house burns down and destroys your TV... would Best Buy have to cover that? No... that sort of thing would be covered under your homeowner's or renter's insurance.

I would hope everyone here has the appropriate insurance on their homes and shops, too... like if someone breaks into your office and steals a pallet loaded with equipment you're shipping to site the next day? Or if your shop burns down? (This happened to a subcontractor of ours once, BTW - arsonist burned down his garage with all the equipment he had for ours AND his own jobs... he wasn't insured...)

icon_snack-1.gif

Once it's installed and signed off, it's the customer's responsibility... same as any other on-site equipment.

If your house burns down and destroys your TV... would Best Buy have to cover that? No... that sort of thing would be covered under your homeowner's or renter's insurance.

I would hope everyone here has the appropriate insurance on their homes and shops, too... like if someone breaks into your office and steals a pallet loaded with equipment you're shipping to site the next day? Or if your shop burns down? (This happened to a subcontractor of ours once, BTW - arsonist burned down his garage with all the equipment he had for ours AND his own jobs... he wasn't insured...)

My problem with this topic

How or Why we are talking about insurance

when we started with "Stadium surveilance"

Oh, how many posts....

Rory, I'm half agree with you about cameras for face capture placing at entrances, etc...

But, you also need look at whole seats area, to find, where is "necessary" person. And vice versa - how many time guards should look at recorded entrances video to find one person from, as example, 20000 visitors?

About cost of some cameras. I'm do some projects wit cooled and uncooled thermal cameras, more than 100000 $ each...

Maybe the stadium needs something along the lines of our "BarWatch" program here - where participating bars and clubs record a patron's ID along with snapping facial shots of them at entry. Imagine if your stadium ticket takers could snap the person's face at the same time they scanned his ticket (assuming they're using the spiffy little wireless ticket-barcode-scanner devices I see everywhere here)... if the ticket was bought with a credit or debit card, the purchase could be correlated to the seat number... so if, say, someone calls looking to contact Bob Smith in an emergency, his CC or debit information could be looked up, to see what seats he purchased, and his picture could then be pulled up... security staff would then find it a lot easier to scan the crowd for him, given a starting point and an idea of what he looks like.

My problem with this topic

How or Why we are talking about insurance

when we started with "Stadium surveilance"

Because we were talking about really f'ing expensive cameras, and rory asked (somewhat tongue in cheek, initially) about whether they were being insured against theft?