wahloon

Geovision and windows xp

I was wondering somebody posted some information on how to change windows registry using geovision. The information I was looking for was auto restart and auto redial in dsl when the computer comes back on.

IF you have added the GeoVision to the "Startup" menu, then it should restart when the computer is turned back on. The DSL issue is a network connection configuration, no need to edit the registry to achieve this. Create a manual connection so that when Windows starts it will auto-connect to your DSL modem. You may also wish to modify the BIOS to Power On automatically after power failure, so the system will come on automatically.

scottj

The auto redial is the problem I run into with the webcam. The dsl connection is only good for about 4 days and I always need to redial back out. I know there is a way after certain amount of hours it disconnect connection and reconnects by itself.

Are you using a Router with your configuration or just the ISP provided broadband modem? Either way, there should be a setting that states something like "stay connected" or "always stay connected" in the router or the modem.

One other thing that can help is to uninstall any software beter known as "tools" that your ISP provides you. That software is designed for people who have no knowledge of a computer and zero technical skills.

Less is more in this case, create the connection maually.

If you have it online and can grant me access to your router (if you have one), I can take a look at the settings for you.

scottj

I am using a broadband modem, I already made a manually connection. Its just this crappy ADSL I am having problem with. When it has gone over a certain amount of recieved bytes, the internet times out by itself.

Are you logging into the Webcam feature and leaving it run for 4 days continuous when it "times out"?

If so, you may need to spec out your ADSL upload bandwidth. Then when you start the webcam service on the DVR you have the ability to perform bandwidth control. By default, the bandwidth control is not used which will allow your ADSL to utilize the maximum amount of bandwidth available, thus at times causing the ADSL to seize. Let me know how many cameras you have as well.

scottj

Get a $50 Linksys router, and call it a day. It will enable you to set it to "keep connection alive", which will redial every, let's say 30 seconds if you want it to.