danielsan2222

Axis 210 - rapid color shifing in images

Moved an old Axis 210 to a new location. The image is ok except that the white blance is shifting rapidly constantly(several times a second). I tried all the different white balance settings. Fixed, automatic, etc. I tried rebooting the camera. Any other ideas?

Check your cable ends (connections) - perhaps the BNCs are shorting or not properly screwed/crimped on. Check your power supply at the camera - depending on how long the cable is and what you're using as a power supply you could be either not providing enough amperage or experinecing power drop over the cable length.

If I was to make a guess, I'd bet it's a power issue.

Check your cable ends (connections) - perhaps the BNCs are shorting or not properly screwed/crimped on.

Axis makes network cameras...

Been away on vacation. I'll try it out and recheck the connections.

If you rotate the camera in other direction, does the white balance still change several times in a second?

If you can post a snapshot to the is thread we can take a look at it unless you already have fixed the issue

Sounds like a trashy POE power supply and how long is the run of cat 5 if it is over 300 feet you are lucky to see anything. Site planning folks not all cameras are equal 221 low light 210 bright light. backlight setting outdoor light indoor light shutter speed ect. Did you install this system the first time what standard pin out did you use for rj45?

Moved an old Axis 210 to a new location. The image is ok except that the white blance is shifting rapidly constantly(several times a second). I tried all the different white balance settings. Fixed, automatic, etc. I tried rebooting the camera. Any other ideas?

Default the camera and try again.

It's not POE. It's 12VDC PS. PS is good. The run is only about 20 feet. I installed it. I used the B standard. Its a relatively old camera at about 6 years or so. It's possibly it just went haywire. I have yet to try to swap out with the other identical unit I have. I may have a chance Fri.

Sounds like a trashy POE power supply and how long is the run of cat 5 if it is over 300 feet you are lucky to see anything. Site planning folks not all cameras are equal 221 low light 210 bright light. backlight setting outdoor light indoor light shutter speed ect. Did you install this system the first time what standard pin out did you use for rj45?

I'm going to put the other camera in first. That should eliminate a number of potential issues. I will try resetting the camera if the other 1 is working ok at that location.

Default the camera and try again.

Have you looked at the poer supply with a volt meter or have you used an oscilloscope and looked for ripple voltage. Filter capacitor leaks will not show up on a volt meter also POE works great.

Swapped out the cameras today and still the same issue. Also tried swapping with a known good PS that worked fine at roughly twice the distance of this location.

Could be an interference issue with some very nearby flourscent fixtures. I will have to check the run again next week.