tmescan

IP Solution for large semi truck sales/repair lot?

Customer is interested in having good visual evidence of people breaking in to his large semi dealership. I cant imagine an analog setup being able to accomplish viewing this amount of area (600' x 400' on the rear and 200'x 200' on each side of the building) with good detail. There are poles with power at the edges of the parking lot (6 total). Would mounting 2MP IP cams with a wireless bridge at each of the poles be a viable solution? Im open to any suggestions thanks!

The best way to catch them is to catch them in the act. Creating an electronic fence on a large lot is actually quite simple using IR beams and/or PIRs. When the electronic fence is faulted, the alarm panel sends a text message alerting someone to review the cameras, and if there is suspicious activity, to call the police. All of this can be done remotely, off site, on a smart phone, tablet, or whatever, with a very short response time. The project is relatively inexpensive, and will reduce the cost of the cameras, given that all you really need is the ability to see suspicious activity vs identification, which, realistically, identification ain't gonna happen. You'll see two guys (well, probably guys, one could be a gal) wearing sweat shirts with hoods. Not too many of those, are there?

Best,

Christopher

We did something similar on a site that covers two square blocks, using thermal imaging cameras on top of a 50' tower in the middle of the yard, feeding a video analytics system that watches for intruders in the yard, and then triggers the alarm system. The monitoring station can then remote in and view the yard using a PTZ camera on the same tower.

Customer is interested in having good visual evidence of people breaking in to his large semi dealership. I cant imagine an analog setup being able to accomplish viewing this amount of area (600' x 400' on the rear and 200'x 200' on each side of the building) with good detail. There are poles with power at the edges of the parking lot (6 total). Would mounting 2MP IP cams with a wireless bridge at each of the poles be a viable solution? Im open to any suggestions thanks!

this is a very good product. but please remember the product does not have a camera. it is upto you what camera you put into the housing. but the unit is pre wired for both standard and ip applications.

but for the cost of a fence alarm or beam sensors which will not be active untill set on lock up. the furure sentry is protecting 24hrs a day.

the system works on wireless sensors (15 for each camera) this is much more cost effective than beams or fence alarms.

http://futuresentry.com/markets/industrial

http://www.cctvengineer.com/Installation%20Manual.pdf

We did something similar on a site that covers two square blocks, using thermal imaging cameras on top of a 50' tower in the middle of the yard, feeding a video analytics system that watches for intruders in the yard, and then triggers the alarm system. The monitoring station can then remote in and view the yard using a PTZ camera on the same tower.

What thermal cameras you use? And analytic engine?

Of course, thermal cameras can trigger an alarm, but you should use adapted to thermal cameras video content analytic...

And. Using thermal cameras on parking lot.... Effective, if you remove that cameras from used BMW

Edited by Guest

Also check out IOImage cameras.

Why? And what cameras?

Video Analytics built into the cameras... They work very well when setup correctly. Detect people, cars, removed objects. The cameras can communicate to each other and hand off info to auto tracking PTZ cameras. If i had to do auto tracking cameras IOImage would be the only ones I would use.

Also you can use VIA:sys for on camera perimeter detection analytics with megapixel cameras

Check out the videos.

http://www.dvtel.com/products/ioimage

What thermal cameras you use?

FLIR. One Wide-Eye, two SR-19s.

And analytic engine?

A Raven-X2 box and Object Video software.

Of course, thermal cameras can trigger an alarm, but you should use adapted to thermal cameras video content analytic...

And. Using thermal cameras on parking lot.... Effective, if you remove that cameras from used BMW

Huh?

Video Analytics built into the cameras... They work very well when setup correctly.

No problems, to setup.

But, video parameters of that cameras is ok? Like "native" sensitivity?

Video Analytics built into the cameras... They work very well when setup correctly.

No problems to setup.

But, video parameters of that cameras is ok? Like "native" sensitivity?

What thermal cameras you use?

FLIR. One Wide-Eye, two SR-19s.

And analytic engine?

A Raven-X2 box and Object Video software.

Huh?

Huh

I,m has just one WideEye in my cameras list:) Instalation on Oil station on sea...

So, respect to You

But, use them on parking lot?

Furturesentry looks like a neat deterrent but wont do much good as far as capturing anything useful for evidence if they go for the goods anyways.

IOImage PTZ looks nice...maybe 2 of those? Im guessing the client software is included? Any reccommendations of a simple machine to record and monitor them? Cant find prices anywhere...

Thanks alot for the help great stuff!

what about the panasonic or samsung auto tracking ptz's like the techwin SPU-3750T? or the bosch autodomes?

Furturesentry looks like a neat deterrent but wont do much good as far as capturing anything useful for evidence if they go for the goods anyways.

IOImage PTZ looks nice...maybe 2 of those? Im guessing the client software is included? Any reccommendations of a simple machine to record and monitor them? Cant find prices anywhere...

futuresenry is a ptz. you just put a zoom standard or ip camera inside. and if you also use the wirless sensors. as mobile devices i.e you have a loaded truck parked up at night you put a sensor on it.

I wouldn't just use PTZs. IOImage cameras can talk to each other so the idea is to use fixed cameras at the perimeter and when they detect what your looking for the fixed camera hands off the information to the PTZs and they zoom and follow the object. You can also you the system to email you on events.

IOImage is just the camera you will need VMS software to record and control. DVtel is the main VMS for IOImage but there are others including Exacq.

I,m has just one WideEye in my cameras list:) Instalation on Oil station on sea...

So, respect to You

But, use them on parking lot?

The FLIRs' primary purpose, in our case, is feed the analytics, which easily detects the difference between a car, a person, or an animal. They then chain into the DVR so the monitoring station can view them, as well as the Esprit that has presets configured to match the detection zones on the FLIRs.

It's not a parking lot, as such, in this case, but a crane yard - tower and truck-based cranes - that also offers storage for whatever they're transporting.

zone2062020thermal2020night-1.jpg

zone2062020visible2020night-1.jpg

futuresenry is a ptz. you just put a zoom standard or ip camera inside. and if you also use the wirless sensors. as mobile devices i.e you have a loaded truck parked up at night you put a sensor on it.

I think it would be a decent solution for a lot with smaller vehicles...line of sight would become an issue unless i had a few of these units (way too expensive IMO) but it would take a beefy MP cam to be able to see clearly at all distances were needing...

Im thinking 4 of the 500i tracking autodomes does anyone forsee any issues with this kind of setup? Its mainly for use at night when activity is at a minimum...thanks again for your ideas