Sign in to follow this  
jeromephone

4 channel demo system

I probably posted this before but things change. Looking at a 4 channel NVR that I can demo various IP cams. Hopefully it will cover a lot of different mfgs and give me the ability to switch out cameras without going through the expense of buying new licenses each time. I have looked at Qnap any others? as usual price an issue. Will also look into milestone essential as I saw that discussed earlier.

I probably posted this before but things change. Looking at a 4 channel NVR that I can demo various IP cams. Hopefully it will cover a lot of different mfgs and give me the ability to switch out cameras without going through the expense of buying new licenses each time. I have looked at Qnap any others? as usual price an issue. Will also look into milestone essential as I saw that discussed earlier.

the avermedia nano is ideal for what you need for showing standard or ip cameras. bpzle has used them he will be able to help with a price.

ip camera listing ...... http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Upload/FAQ/EH%20Nano_Integrated%20IP%20Camera%20support%20list_1.0.0.93_1216.pdf

dvr/ nvr ...... http://www.avermedia.com/AVerDiGi/Product/Detail.aspx?Id=281

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cREqwenYnFI

If it's just for up to a few IP cameras, get a decent mini-ITX PC (Core2 Duo, or so), and use Milestone "Go"- it's free, and does not require going to the company's website to change cameras on the license like their retail versions.

The "Go" version allows for up to eight cameras, and five days of recording, should be enough for demo purposes.

If it's just for up to a few IP cameras, get a decent mini-ITX PC (Core2 Duo, or so), and use Milestone "Go"- it's free, and does not require going to the company's website to change cameras on the license like their retail versions.

The "Go" version allows for up to eight cameras, and five days of recording, should be enough for demo purposes.

Milestone is nice soft, but cameras license via MAC address....

If you want change camera, you will pay....

Milestone is nice soft, but cameras license via MAC address....

If you want change camera, you will pay....

You do not have to pay to change cameras on a system, but you do have to go to the website to get a new licensing key when you change cameras on all of their software versions.. EXCEPT Go, that one is free, and does not require a visit to the website to change cameras (which is a significant advantage, on a demo system).