cglaeser

email notification that actually works

One of the nice features of ExacqVision is that email notification actually works. Using the same settings, I've been unable to get email notification to work properly with other cameras and video encoders such as those from Axis and Panasonic. I'd be interested to know if others have experienced similar problems with these or other cameras, and if resolved, what you did to get it to work.

Best,

Christopher

I use Vitamin D, flawless. Easy to set up rules. Demo version is free and work for one camera limited to 320x240.

I bought the full version, running it with 12 cameras on a quad core.

Why is it that so many cameras and DVR/NVR can't send email? What is so difficult about implementing email notification that actually works?

Best,

Christopher

Funny you should mention that. I'm having a mare at the moment trying to setup a 3VR to email externally.

I've not had much success with anything except Exacq. I know several forum members are very hot on Avigilon, but it's my understanding that Avigilon has problems with email notification as well. Axis, Panasonic, they all have problems. Maybe Exacq should go into the business of licensing their email software. Apparently, none of these other companies can get it to work.

Best,

Christopher

I already have a call into Avigilon to support Gmail.

... and I have a call into Exacq to support video lock.

Has Avigilon made any progress on the iPhone app? According to Exacq, their iPhone app is extremely popular. The next release will include the ability to control alarm outputs. For example, you could turn on a light remotely.

Best,

Christopher

Has Avigilon made any progress on the iPhone app? According to Exacq, their iPhone app is extremely popular. The next release will include the ability to control alarm outputs. For example, you could turn on a light remotely.

Latest rumor IPhone App in April

in mean time converting Exacq customers to Avigilon

How much does VideoIQ run? Is it like what seems to be typical for commercial systems that run least a couple hundred bucks per channel or what?

How much does VideoIQ run? Is it like what seems to be typical for commercial systems that run least a couple hundred bucks per channel or what?

Kinda confuse

are u talking about lic for camera,channel or ?

The conversion would probably go faster if ...

- iPhone and other smart phones are supported, is feature rich, and responsive

- email notification was fixed

- ActiveX is not required

I doubt they will fix the last one, but the other two would certainly be nice. The Avigilon video lock is very useful. Crossing my fingers that Exacq will take note and implement it.

Best,

Christopher

The conversion would probably go faster if ...

- iPhone and other smart phones are supported, is feature rich, and responsive

- email notification was fixed

- ActiveX is not required

I doubt they will fix the last one, but the other two would certainly be nice. The Avigilon video lock is very useful. Crossing my fingers that Exacq will take note and implement it.

Best,

Christopher

1) I can almost guarantee you Avigilon's Iphone App will be as good as there software is and more powerful then Exacq.

2) Email does work you just need your own mail server running on site.

3) The ActiveX web viewer is fantastic just like I client software and I hope they do not change it.

What are you referring to ... Video Lock?

VideoIQ has everything built into the camera...... camera, NVR, harddrive, analytics. Your looking about $2K for the 1080P model

Avigilon, bleh, over all very nice software but I have too many customers looking for cross platform functionality such as Mac, Linux, android, iPhone etc., and I just don't want to support multiple nvr solutions.

I really don't like exacq's search feature, I find it really needs a lot of work in this area and is getting its doors blown off by competitors in this area. The email part of it I have not been able to get it to work for some reason, but it must be my fault because I guess it works well. I tried to get it to email me if a camera goes off line and I have not been able to even get that working, hmmmm.

Avigilon, bleh, over all very nice software but I have too many customers looking for cross platform functionality such as Mac, Linux, android, iPhone etc., and I just don't want to support multiple nvr solutions.

I really don't like exacq's search feature, I find it really needs a lot of work in this area and is getting its doors blown off by competitors in this area. The email part of it I have not been able to get it to work for some reason, but it must be my fault because I guess it works well. I tried to get it to email me if a camera goes off line and I have not been able to even get that working, hmmmm.

If you need MAC or Linux support then Exacq is a better choice. I find mobile phone support to be more a novelty then anything else until you can control the system like you can with the client software. Only homeowners have asked for this none of the Businesses or Gov jobs have.

Aviglons software and cameras are just great. Keep in mind Avigilon was designed from the ground up for HD/Megapixel video where everyone else is adapting from analog video. Exacq is redesigning the the search page but I have a feeling it will never be as good as Avigilon unless they redo the back end.

Edited by Guest

Aviglons software and cameras are just great. Keep in mind Avigilon was designed from the ground up for HD/Megapixel video where everyone else is adapting from analog video. Exacq is redesigning the the search page but I have a feeling it will never be as good as Avigilon unless they redo the back end.

Agree

after selling number of Exacq systems to businesses

nobody ask me for e-mail notifications even once

even more majority of systems sits behind corporate firewall

without any rights to connect with outside world

(IT department choice)

Yes, I know. The vast majority of crimes recorded on security cameras are never solved. Any Costco CCTV system can do that. If the only requirement is to record video that will make a nice youtube upload to show your friends, sure, there is no need to be notified of a crime in progress, and there is no need for remote viewing. If there is no requirement to solve the crime, then just let the system record the crime and you can come to work the next morning, open a bag of popcorn, and enjoy watching the recorded video. You can even make a copy for the police. Odds are close to zero the video will solve the crime, but it feels good just to give them a CD for the police report.

I am not interested in designing that type of system. My number one requirement is to design a system that will result in arrests. Based on my track record, I think I know how to do that.

Best,

Christopher

I would think that a good burglar alarm system would be more effective in most circumstances. Most incidents would happen at night. What are the chances that anyone is going to be checking their email at 2am? Alarm goes off, central monitoring center notifies the police, and hopefully the alarm siren scares them off. If it is a smash & grab of which there have been quite a few instances in my area then there is little to stop it except physical security measures(security bars, etc.). Then you have to rely on CCTV to get a good capture and maybe, just maybe the police will get them.

Yes, I know. The vast majority of crimes recorded on security cameras are never solved. Any Costco CCTV system can do that. If the only requirement is to record video that will make a nice youtube upload to show your friends, sure, there is no need to be notified of a crime in progress, and there is no need for remote viewing. If there is no requirement to solve the crime, then just let the system record the crime and you can come to work the next morning, open a bag of popcorn, and enjoy watching the recorded video. You can even make a copy for the police. Odds are close to zero the video will solve the crime, but it feels good just to give them a CD for the police report.

I am not interested in designing that type of system. My number one requirement is to design a system that will result in arrests. Based on my track record, I think I know how to do that.

Best,

Christopher

I would think that a good burglar alarm system would be more effective in most circumstances.

Did you read my number one requirement?

Best,

Christopher

Oh - I got the impression that VideoIQ was NVR/DVR software, not a full system including cameras and everything. If that's the case it won't help me much in my application, I guess. That would get too pricey very quickly.

danielsan2222 and cglaser VideoIQ can do everything and more. You can have central station receive alerts, review the video, 2-way audio to the perp, and call the police. Or you can just have a link of the alarm video emailed to you so you can review on your own.

The email part of it I have not been able to get it to work for some reason, but it must be my fault because I guess it works well. I tried to get it to email me if a camera goes off line and I have not been able to even get that working, hmmmm.

You should try and separate the email function from the trigger that causes an email message to be sent. Did you create a profile and click the "Test Profile" button? Did that work? You should get that working first, and then add events that cause an email message to be sent.

Best,

Christopher

What are you referring to ... Video Lock?

The ability to lock segments of recorded video to protect from overwrite. It's a very useful feature, and I submitted a feature request to Exacq.

Best,

Christopher