redliner

Installing speed domes in a forest

Hello everyone,

Got a new project to mount PTZ speed domes in a forest. The problem is that there is no posibility to get power cables to places where the cameras will be mounted. Need some kind of autonomous power source. Also will need to transmit signals to the recording server, so will need to power the antenas as well. Distances are from 0.5 to 10 miles.

Any sugestions on how to make it happen?

Hello everyone,

Got a new project to mount PTZ speed domes in a forest. The problem is that there is no posibility to get power cables to places where the cameras will be mounted. Need some kind of autonomous power source. Also will need to transmit signals to the recording server, so will need to power the antenas as well. Distances are from 0.5 to 10 miles.

Any sugestions on how to make it happen?

two options wind power or if you can replace battery once a week with a rapid deploy ptz. like this 3g with no airtime costs

http://www.videcon.co.uk/product_details.php?StockID=1137&

1-1.jpg

That WHOLE SETUP is $3k??? That doesn't sound right... that's a Pelco Spectra dome on there, those are >$3k alone.

Due to the climate where I need to mount the cameras solar and wind power is not a good solution. Maybe there is some kind of low power diesel generator solutions with a start and stop function (when the batery is charged) with a big fuel tank.

Due to the climate where I need to mount the cameras solar and wind power is not a good solution. Maybe there is some kind of low power diesel generator solutions with a start and stop function (when the batery is charged) with a big fuel tank.

if you are talking about a camera for in the sticks were there is no power at all then you are going to have another problem i.e lighting. what is it you will be protecting with the camera.

if you are talking about a camera for in the sticks were there is no power at all then you are going to have another problem i.e lighting. what is it you will be protecting with the camera.

Will be protecting a forest. Wide areas up to 1 mile distance. There will be a lake, some fields. Purpose is to observe campers and poachers mosty during the day. I'm not expecting to cover everything with one camera. However I need to do something about powering each of them because there is no posibilty to lay cables.