forbus

NV6480 IP Patch problem

Hey guys,

I have been installing AverMedia for years and this year I tried integrating a megapixel camera, Vivotek FD8161, for the first time. It is not in the default supported cameras list but you can patch the DVR and supposedly it then is supported. However, no matter which patch I use, I always get the same error: "Can not patch !You should close the DVR program at first!!" . The DVR program is already closed and it is still doing this. I tried this in Safe Mode, too. No luck. I am technically advanced in computers with certs but I just did not have any luck applying this patch. I would appreciate any experienced inputs.

The Specs are:

NV6480

Core i3 540

4GB DDR3 RAM

nVidia GeForce 310

320GB Seagate + 2TB Samsung HDD

Windows 7 Professional x64

Capture.JPG.09d6b7a47982ad14fc4dbb9b64f83821.JPG

Hey guys,

I have been installing AverMedia for years and this year I tried integrating a megapixel camera, Vivotek FD8161, for the first time. It is not in the default supported cameras list but you can patch the DVR and supposedly it then is supported. However, no matter which patch I use, I always get the same error: "Can not patch !You should close the DVR program at first!!" . The DVR program is already closed and it is still doing this. I tried this in Safe Mode, too. No luck. I am technically advanced in computers with certs but I just did not have any luck applying this patch. I would appreciate any experienced inputs.

The Specs are:

NV6480

Core i3 540

4GB DDR3 RAM

nVidia GeForce 310

320GB Seagate + 2TB Samsung HDD

Windows 7 Professional x64

Hi forbus. you can only add your patch from the dvr menu. click setup then system and bottom left you will see import and export click import and click were file is located i.e pen drive or disk. reboot system when done.

Hi forbus. you can only add your patch from the dvr menu. click setup then system and bottom left you will see import and export click import and click were file is located i.e pen drive or disk. reboot system when done.

Are u ok Tom ?

"import" and "export" buttons are for system configuration "cfg" files only

Patch files are standalone "exe"

just click and done

did patch today Aver 6480 with latest

IPCAM Patch5.0.0.82

so far no problem

they finally support 8xxx Vivotek

Tom, I have read so many of your posts in the past and I think you are a knowledgable person. But, how do you patch an executable file through the import button, which imports .cfg files that were exported from a DVR system? I need hear a way to install this patch without seeing this stupid error message. AverMedia is too busy helping others (?) I guess, they almost never return back to me. So, I am looking for experienced inputs. Thanks.

Tom, I have read so many of your posts in the past and I think you are a knowledgable person. But, how do you patch an executable file through the import button, which imports .cfg files that were exported from a DVR system? I need hear a way to install this patch without seeing this stupid error message. AverMedia is too busy helping others (?) I guess, they almost never return back to me. So, I am looking for experienced inputs. Thanks.

Hi forbus. if your dvr is on line i will install it for you. pm me your ip with a temp password.

or if you open port 53 or 1053 in your router and direct that to your dvr. i will send you to the dnns software website and you can download the patch from your dvr.

just one thing............. you have opened the rar files before you have tried to load onto your dvr. ???

Hi, Tom. Sorry for replying back so late, but I was supposed receive an e-mail from the forum site, but didn't receive one for your post. Anyways, I appreciate you willing to help me. I am PMing you the temp pass for remote login.

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Here is how:

The actual patch installation still was not done through the standalone patch file. When running the file I could see that there was some disk activity for a few seconds, the process would pause and give me the error. So I knew that the files actually WERE being extracted. To verify this I went to the Task Manager then Resource Manager (You can do this through control panel, too) and expand the "Disk" section in the "Overview" tab. You can see what files are actually being worked on the HDD here. So, I saw the the path was \user\dvr\appdata\temp\7ZipSfx.000. Though when I went there the files were not there. I can tell that they were cleaned up after an unsuccesfull installation. So, I ran the patch file again while I had another explorer window open looking at that temp folder. As soon as the process started, the 7ZipSfx.000 folder was created. I waited before the error message and copied and pasted the 7ZipSfx.000 folder to somewhere else. In that folder I copied the files in the root folder to the DVR Server folder of the actual DVR software. I also copied the Vivotek, Averdigi_SDK, AdioCodec and VideoCodex folders in the IPCamSDK folder in 7ZipSfx.000 to the into the DVR Server\IPCamSDK folder. Ran the AverMedia software and voila! The new supported cameras were listed. I chose my FD8161 and put in the IP address. That was it. Beautiful picture!

It took my hours, really. I really hope this helps someone out there. If anything let me know guys. I will try to help. I did everything else possible to overcome this problem. Good thing my customer was my very good friend so he was super patient with it.

I want to thank everyone who offered his help in this.